Pilots Uniform -2

Old December 2nd 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Pilots Uniform -2

Man, are the slobs and whiners gonna flame you... You see, here in the
States, you have the RIGHT to look like a pig and trash the reputation
of others who engage in similar activities. Anyone who objects is simply
a crazed right wing idiot. The mere suggestion of some sort of protocol
like this will bring out the most vile responses.

For years we had to do the suit and tie thing in Corporate America. Now,
we are in the thick of the "casual business" phase. As the overall look
slips at some companies, the firms now publish "what not to wear" to
work memos and on-line "hints". Some of the fellows I run into look like
they just dragged themselves from an all night poker game (wrinkled
clothes, hair sticking out/uncombed, dirty clothes, scraped up shoes -
untied). A few of the ladies are dressed like they are going out to the
night clubs. It is only a matter of time before we are back to the suits
and ties.

But hell, freedom means you get the right to look like crap. It also
means I get the right to tell you look like crap.

Let the Flames begin,
Mike

General Aviation Almost went up in smoke forever on 9-11 This is
serious. If we want to be able to fly in our own aircraft, to/from
major airports ( even smaller airports) then we MUST retain the
RESPECT and CREDIBILITY to / of the non-flying public.

Another (contrived??) 'terrorist' attack The above Non-flying
public may demand that GA be shut down and I can assure you the
airlines will be screaming the loudest and kicking GA the
hardest.

We need the Non flying public on our side.

I myself have over 10 K hours, flying since 1973, Beech 18's, DC-3
DC-4, DC-6 DC-7B
DC-8's Convair 440's and 580's

Quite frankly, I am proud of my accomplishments: I feel shame when I
see LOOOOSERS showing up at some major airport FBO crawling out of a
Cessna or Piper, looking like they just we're convicted of a DUI.
Dressed like TRASH

Real dirt bags that have NO respect for themselves, their ratings
trying to look 'GRADE SCHOOL' 'cool' like they 'don't care'

Well let me tell you, it only takes one of this type of JERKOFF at a
Major FBO lobby to do incredible damage to GA in the mind of NON
flying VOTERS!

I fly 450 hrs per year for my business and I am in uniform when I fly.
Four Gold stripes the works. and guess what it commands respect.
Quick turns!!! and ALWAYS... get it ALWAYS an airport car to use.

The 'joe cool' JERKOFF ?? a taxi or walking! Who is going to trust
the pilot with ' DUI ' look with a FBO / or one of the employees
personal car would YOU???

Who is going to think it's SAFE / TRUST to allow the 'DUI' trash
look pilot to fly in / to the SAME airport, airspace as Grandma or
their children???

Today FBO lobbies are FULL of non flying people waiting for/ picking
up charters, fractional corporate ownership: PERCEPTION IS
EVERYTHING!

Flying for the most part even today is somewhat 'awe' to the non
flying public it is not ho -hum to them still holds excitement they
EXPECT to see 'pro's at airports not JERKOFFS!

comments???

by the way, My father was a Truck Driver in the 1950's /1960's
1970's As a Kid I went with him every summer over the road.

NEVER ONCE did I see my Father looking un kept or unshaved on the
road. He wore a clean 'uniform ' every day (Dickies)
I can remember many a time my father (and other truckers) pulling his
truck over to the side of the road in the early morning, clean up
and SHAVE at some creek or river.

I NEVER once saw another 'over the road' truck driver during that
time period looking like Dirtbag CRAP all we're well kept! PROUD of
being a trucker and looked the part!

Today??? Many OTR drivers look like Charlie Manson! Dirty, un
kept, filthy! YUCK!

Old December 2nd 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

General Aviation Almost went up in smoke forever on 9-11

No, it did not. Not even close.

Another (contrived??) 'terrorist' attack The above Non-flying
public may demand that GA be shut down and I can assure you the
airlines will be screaming the loudest and kicking GA the
hardest.

The airlines are screaming the loudest right now about user fees and are
all alone except for the administration. It's a party of two and
they're getting their ass handed to them.

Quite frankly, I am proud of my accomplishments: I feel shame when I
see LOOOOSERS showing up at some major airport FBO crawling out of a
Cessna or Piper, looking like they just we're convicted of a DUI.
Dressed like TRASH

What's a looooser?

Rest of drivel snipped.
Old December 2nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Why keep feeding this troll?
Old December 3rd 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Nov 29, 4:32 pm, Newps wrote:
wrote:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

You're right there. And if you could see what the other people are
perceiving as some clown climbs out of a cherokee wearing a pilots
uniform you won't be doing that again.

Amen to that. But there is a big spread between a uniform for a
Saturday morning breakfast trip and looking like a slob. This is North
America, where uniforms are usually associated with work, not play.
And people who dress like slobs get about as much respect as they
deserve. There's lots of room between the extremes for those of us
looking for a balance.
Personally, my nose is a lot more sensitive than my eyeballs.
Some young folks seem to think that stink is cool, now.
Looking like a slob isn't enough anymore. What's next? A loincloth?

Dan
Old December 3rd 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

Mike Spera wrote:
[...]

Lets see what the nightmare boss has to say about that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRM0qj_qVM

Pilots Uniform: Good idea?? [email protected] Owning 16 December 6th 07 07:44 PM
Uniform Question Bill Kambic Naval Aviation 5 August 31st 07 02:36 AM
Tango Uniform Jim Fisher Piloting 21 December 28th 04 03:49 PM
Air Force Uniform Envy Thomas Schoene Military Aviation 35 August 11th 03 02:04 AM
Air Force unveils new uniform plan Otis Willie Military Aviation 1 August 9th 03 08:32 AM