Fine example of Tarver Engineering release for service

Old February 26th 04, 03:31 AM
running with scissors

Default Fine example of Tarver Engineering release for service

A fine example of the quality results of Tarver Engineering work. As
singed off by John Tarver with applicable 8130.

http://www.aart-jan.net/images/aart_...egtuigwrak.jpg

photograph courtesy of Aart-Jan, (its not tarver in the pic, it's
Aart's father inspecting the fine work completed by John "the splap"
Tarver).
Old February 26th 04, 06:23 AM
Tarver Engineering

"running with losers" wrote in
message om...

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
.. .
"Jim Knoyle" wrote:

Hang on here a second now Jim, you still need two samples. As Dan
says you need 'static pressure' to read the altitude from and you
need 'pitot pressure' (ram air pressure) as well as the static
pressure to derive the airspeed reading from. Sounds like you're
saying that you can read 'both' from just the 'ram air pressure'
alone. Or did I misunderstand you?

Jim has finally figued out what a pitot tube is, but somehow he still wants
to be correct in his archive troll. It is a great paradox.

I know...ain't life a bitch John

--

-Gord.

Old February 26th 04, 04:56 PM
fudog50

Ummm,
I performed dozens of the old FAR 91.171 (pitot/static annual
checks) and 91.172 (mode 'C' checks) in the early 90's on Pipers,
Cessna, Grumman, Lanceair, Beech, you name it. Also performed all the
calibration and repair necessary, (the lines, indicators, ports, pitot
tubes, etc.) I worked a part time job at a GA avionics shop at Palo
Alto.
IIRC, the only indicator that had both pitot and static inputs
was the VSI/Rate of climb indicator and the internal bellows in the
gauge performed the differential action. Airspeed has pitot inputs
only. Baro Alt. has static port input only. Wish I could draw you a
diagram on here, it would explain everything.

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
. ..

Old February 26th 04, 05:58 PM
Tarver Engineering

"fudog50" wrote in message

Airspeed has pitot inputs
only.

Fascinating, tell us more.

Old February 26th 04, 06:59 PM
Jim Knoyle

"Jim Knoyle" wrote:

[...]

Since posting rubbish like he posted below, no amount of diagrams
have helped. It's a case of "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

Revealing that in my 37 years up the road at SFO I had done easily
hundreds of low range pitot/static leak tests resulting in the replacement
of dozens of pitot tubes/probes/masts or whatever Tarver wants to
call those pointy things up front, only brought about months of fraud
claims and all of the other bits splaps is well known for.
Requoting Gord's question to me out of context is only his latest.
Pt *still* equals (altitude pressure) + (impact pressure).

JK
http://home.att.net/~j.knoyle/the_ta...hronicles.html

GREAT MOMENTS IN ADA:
"That is the case with all modern transports Gord. Pitot tubes are only
used
for flight test back up instrumentation for modern transports; pitot tubes
have a nasty habbit of atracting mud bees and are therefore not reliable
enough for revenue these past few decades."

-- John Tarver, Skylight Avionics, December 26, 2001

Old February 26th 04, 07:15 PM
running with scissors

"Jim Knoyle" wrote:

Hang on here a second now Jim, you still need two samples. As Dan
says you need 'static pressure' to read the altitude from and you
need 'pitot pressure' (ram air pressure) as well as the static
pressure to derive the airspeed reading from. Sounds like you're
saying that you can read 'both' from just the 'ram air pressure'
alone. Or did I misunderstand you?

Jim has finally figued out what a pitot tube is, but somehow he still wants
to be correct in his archive troll. It is a great paradox.

I know...ain't life a bitch John

snipping posts to claim that other people posted waht someone else
entirely posted.

pathetic, childish, immature, and the sure sign of your desparte need
to obfuscate your stupidity
Old February 26th 04, 08:20 PM
Dave Holford

Was that before or after the first flight? ;-)

running with scissors wrote:

A fine example of the quality results of Tarver Engineering work. As
singed off by John Tarver with applicable 8130.

http://www.aart-jan.net/images/aart_...egtuigwrak.jpg

photograph courtesy of Aart-Jan, (its not tarver in the pic, it's
Aart's father inspecting the fine work completed by John "the splap"
Tarver).

If ever a picture cried out for a caption, this one does.

Dave
Old February 26th 04, 08:57 PM
Dan Luke

"Dave Holford" wrote:
http://www.aart-jan.net/images/aart_...egtuigwrak.jpg

If ever a picture cried out for a caption, this one does.

good idea for a thread...

Old February 26th 04, 09:06 PM
Robert Moore

fudog50 wrote
IIRC, the only indicator that had both pitot and static inputs
was the VSI/Rate of climb indicator and the internal bellows in the
gauge performed the differential action. Airspeed has pitot inputs
only. Baro Alt. has static port input only. Wish I could draw you a
diagram on here, it would explain everything.

Ummmm.....I think that you definately DO NOT recall correctly!
Static Pressure feeds Altimeter, Airspeed, and VSI.
Pitot Pressure feeds only Airspeed.

The Pitot Pressure from the Pitot Tube is a combination of Static
and RAM pressure. The bellows inside the airspeed indicator
uses the ambient static pressure from the static port to cancel
out the static component from the Pitot Tube leaving only the RAM
component to move the airspeed needle.

Bob Moore