new cleaning product: Simple Green for aircraft

Old February 14th 05, 01:02 PM
Blanche Cohen

Here's the link to Extreme Simple Green with the MSDS:

industrial.simplegreen.com/ind_prod_ext_mor.php

Old February 14th 05, 03:38 PM
RST Engineering

So where do you get the stuff? I've not yet seen it on my favorite Q-Club
shelves. Somebody also said that it is pricey. What is the magnitude of
"pricey".

Jim

Yes, read the subject line, and the link in the original post!

Yup. And blessed by Boeing. It's named "Extreme Simple Green".

Old February 14th 05, 04:40 PM
George Patterson

RST Engineering wrote:

So where do you get the stuff?

AOPA Pilot -- http://industrial.simplegreen.com .

George Patterson
He who would distinguish what is true from what is false must have an
adequate understanding of truth and falsehood.
Old February 14th 05, 04:42 PM
George Patterson

Roger wrote:

I did read the subject line which only tells me that the OP called
Simple Green a cleaner for aricraft.

The actual name is "Extrem Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner." As the
subject says, it's a *new* Simple Green for aircraft.

Old February 14th 05, 06:31 PM
George Patterson

Roger wrote:

Sounds like another use for potato juice. That
stuff will clean off almost anything.

Never heard of this before. What do you do, squeeze a potato and use the liquid
for cleaning?

Old February 14th 05, 09:01 PM
Bob Fry

"RST Engineering" writes:

So where do you get the stuff? I've not yet seen it on my favorite Q-Club
shelves. Somebody also said that it is pricey. What is the magnitude of
"pricey".

http://www.mentormall.cc/getItems.cfm?currVendorID=434
says $18.67 + S&H for 1 gallon. Pretty reasonable compared to what
I've been using, Tomar TR-1000. Though the latter is so effective
it's worth the price. If ESG comes fairly close in effectiveness to
TR-1000 I'll switch. I sent an email to Aviation Consumer about ESG;
they hadn't heard of it, so perhaps they'll do a review. They
reviewed TR-1000 and recommended it.
Old February 15th 05, 12:33 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"RST Engineering" writes:

So where do you get the stuff? I've not yet seen it on my favorite
Q-Club
shelves. Somebody also said that it is pricey. What is the magnitude of
"pricey".

http://www.mentormall.cc/getItems.cfm?currVendorID=434
says $18.67 + S&H for 1 gallon. Pretty reasonable compared to what
I've been using, Tomar TR-1000. Though the latter is so effective
it's worth the price. If ESG comes fairly close in effectiveness to
TR-1000 I'll switch. I sent an email to Aviation Consumer about ESG;
they hadn't heard of it, so perhaps they'll do a review. They
reviewed TR-1000 and recommended it.

In what way is TR-1000 so effective? I find that 95% of the mess on the
airplane comes right off but that stubborn black aluminium oxide from hinges
is a PITA. The carbon from the engine exhaust on the tail is pretty bad
too.

Mike
MU-2

Old February 15th 05, 01:10 AM
Bob Fry

"Mike Rapoport" writes:

In what way is TR-1000 so effective? I find that 95% of the mess on the
airplane comes right off but that stubborn black aluminium oxide from hinges
is a PITA. The carbon from the engine exhaust on the tail is pretty bad
too.

All that comes right off when you use it full strength or maybe 1:1
diluted with water.

Aviation Consumer
Volume 28, Number 10, October 1998

[. . .]

But wait. There's a better product yet. Reader Roger McCall of
Raleigh, North Carolina did his own tests on belly degreasers. McCall
sent me 8 ounces of some pretty amazing stuff; TR-1000. TR-1000 is
made by Tomar Industries in Raleigh. According to Tom Scoggins, owner
and founder of Tomar, TR-1000 is biodegradable and environmentally
safe.

I discovered that it's 95 percent as effective as Zep Teen and can be
used to clean anything on your aircraft, including the windows. Use it
full strength to spot treat the really bad grease deposits, dilute it
1:1 with water for normal degreasing and about 8:1 for giving the
airplane a complete washing.

The penetrating capabilities of this product work as well on hardened
globs of grease as on rock hard bugs on the leading edge of the
wing. TR-1000 is Ph-balanced for use on aluminum and will leave
Plexiglas sparkling clean.

Tomar currently sells TR-1000 in gallon containers for $8.95 plus
shipping and handling. Quart size bottles with spray nozzles will be
available by press time. They'll sell for $6.95, plus shipping and
handling. You can contact Tomar Industries at 919-828-0859.

[. . .]

But before you tackle the job again, order some TR-1000. It's the
overall best choice and worth the trouble to obtain . Follow all the
safety precautions listed here and on the individual products and not
only will you have a better looking belly, but you'll be around to
enjoy it.
Old February 17th 05, 06:15 AM
Roger

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:31:24 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Roger wrote:

Sounds like another use for potato juice. That
stuff will clean off almost anything.

Never heard of this before. What do you do, squeeze a potato and use the liquid
for cleaning?

I think it'd take one whale of a grip to squeeze the juice out of a
potato.:-)) But if you've been practicing?

You just cut thin slices and rub on. It'll remove ink and grease from
hands and clothing. Try a blender?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com