Wanted - Long EZ and Q2 plans

Old August 20th 03, 05:13 AM
1engineer

Default Wanted - Long EZ and Q2 plans

Looking for Long EZ, Berkut or Q2 plans so that I may build an RC model,
1/4 - 1/3 scale. Do not need the entire plan set as I intend to go foam
wing core and fiberglass hull.

Please direct all responses back to

Old August 20th 03, 02:10 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

"1engineer" wrote in message
t...
Looking for Long EZ, Berkut or Q2 plans so that I may build an RC model,
1/4 - 1/3 scale. Do not need the entire plan set as I intend to go foam
wing core and fiberglass hull.

Please direct all responses back to

You could save yourself a lot of trouble and let the Chinese do the work for
you:

https://www.rchomebuilts.com/Velocityxl.htm

Rick Pellicciotti

Old August 20th 03, 03:01 PM

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:10:08 -0500, "Rick Pellicciotti"
wrote:

et...
:
http://www.fuscoaircraft.com/giant01.html
Old August 20th 03, 08:36 PM
Jay

Since at least the Long EZ plans are no longer offered for sale,
somebody should just scan those suckers and post 'em on the web.

Old August 21st 03, 01:22 AM
RobertR237

In article ,
(Jay) writes:

Since at least the Long EZ plans are no longer offered for sale,
somebody should just scan those suckers and post 'em on the web.

NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT

Rather they are still for sale or not, they are still someone's property and
you have no right to make the public. If you want a set, pay for them.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 21st 03, 01:49 PM
Frederick Wilson

So why are the plans no longer avilable? When I first started to desire to
build, I was looking at the EZ airplanes.

I figured I'd be better off sticking with wood and fabric.

Thanks,

Fred

t...

Old August 21st 03, 02:17 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

"karel adams" wrote in message

"Rick Pellicciotti" schreef in bericht
"Jay" wrote in message
om...
Since at least the Long EZ plans are no longer offered for sale,
somebody should just scan those suckers and post 'em on the web.

"1engineer" wrote in message

et...
Looking for Long EZ, Berkut or Q2 plans so that I may build an RC

model,
1/4 - 1/3 scale. Do not need the entire plan set as I intend to

go foam
wing core and fiberglass hull.

Please direct all responses back to

Here ya go:

http://www.terf.com/RAFCDROM.htm

Looks nice, however have you noticed:
Note: The actual templates included with the original plans provided by
RAF are not included on The Rutan Aircraft Factory CD-ROM Encyclopedia
due to reproduction and other limitations. These documents are for
educational & entertainment purposes.

So it would seem the CDROM includes a lot of info but NOT the plans he
is after...
Must say I found it rather pricey, too...
KA

The only full size templates that are in the Long-ez plans are the wing rib
outlines and the firewall. Everything else, fuselage bulkheads for example,
are shown in the plans on dimensioned drawings. Plotting your own wing rib
profiles should not be outside the abilities of a modeler contemplating
building a scale airplane from scratch.

The CDs are expensive but it is a good source of information especially for
someone who has bought a airplane that is already built. If you want a set
of Long-EZ plans, they are around. Call Valerie Harris at The EZ Hangar.
901-475-3686. She always has some available.

Rick

Old August 21st 03, 05:25 PM
Jay

Okay, now I get you. I meant to say that somebody should post the
plans for a "Long EZ like" plane- The Extended E-ZEE. It just happens
to also be a tandem seat canard of composite construction much like a
lot of other copies of that ubiquitous airplane. Information needs to
be free. [beware, troll ahead] We have to get away from business
models that depend on the enforcement of unenforceable laws, if forces
business people into bed with law-makers (politicians).

Old August 21st 03, 10:56 PM
RobertR237

In article 1d31b.163488$Oz4.43832@rwcrnsc54, "Frederick Wilson"
writes:

So why are the plans no longer avilable? When I first started to desire to
build, I was looking at the EZ airplanes.

I figured I'd be better off sticking with wood and fabric.

Thanks,

Fred

More than likely they were withdrawn out of a fear over liability or the owners
just couldn't justify the time and expense of supporting them.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

All I Wanted For Christmas Were Inverted Spins [email protected] Aerobatics 3 December 29th 04 08:40 PM
First Two Aero Lessons This Weekend (Long) David B. Cole Aerobatics 12 December 3rd 04 02:18 AM
Vans RV4 or RV6 wanted Joe Home Built 0 August 17th 03 01:02 PM
Free aircraft plans? Gil G. Home Built 0 July 23rd 03 04:18 PM
Murphy Rebel Wanted Joe Home Built 0 July 8th 03 06:21 AM