Route for last Lyneham flight - Friday 1 July

Old June 29th 11, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
none

Default Route for last Lyneham flight - Friday 1 July

The Mighty Hercules’ Farewell to Wiltshire On Friday, 1st Jul 11, the
last of RAF Lyneham’s Hercules fleet of aircraft will say a final
farewell to the County of Wiltshire before their official handover to the
Station Commander of RAF Brize Norton. The intention is to have the last
of the aircraft transferring to RAF Brize Norton flown at low level, in
stream formation to say a final goodbye to the people of Wiltshire.
Departing RAF Lyneham at approximately 1030 hours, it is envisaged that
the aircraft will follow a route that will start out by flying over
Avebury, Calne, Devizes, Warminster, Melksham, Trowbridge, Colerne,
Lyneham, Wootton Bassett, Malmesbury, Tetbury and the Blunsdon area of
Swindon, before the final leg of the journey to RAF Brize Norton. The 1st
of July will mark the end of a remarkable era not only for the RAF but for
the people of the County of Wiltshire that have supported RAF Lyneham so
well over the years. RAF Lyneham’s Station Commander, Group Captain John
Gladston said: “This is our last opportunity to say thank-you and pay
tribute to the people of Wiltshire for all the support they have given to
the Station over the past 70 years. It is with a heavy heart that I bid
farewell to the Hercules Force, a sentiment which I know echo’s
throughout the Wiltshire community. The Hercules Force will now take a
piece of our unique and proud history to RAF Brize Norton where I know
they will be most welcome and I am in no doubt that it will flourish and
continue to build on our proud heritage for many years to come

NASA Green Flight Challenge This July in CA sisu1a Soaring 0 June 10th 11 01:02 AM
Delta Flight Training Schoarship Applications Due By July 1, 2008 Larry Dighera Piloting 0 June 21st 08 09:28 PM
Airline Flight Route Maps Fred Owning 3 July 6th 05 01:42 PM
Airline flight route maps Fred Piloting 1 July 2nd 05 09:32 PM
RAF Lyneham expected to close IanDTurner Military Aviation 3 July 9th 03 04:48 AM