Saddam and Speicher

Old December 18th 03, 06:19 AM
Joe Delphi

Default Saddam and Speicher

From the Time.Com website:

"The interrogators also asked Saddam if he knew about the location of
Captain Scott Speicher, a U.S. pilot who went missing during the first Gulf
War. "No," replied the former Iraqi president, "we have never kept any
prisoners. I have never known what happened."

Whaddya think? Is he telling the truth?

Old December 18th 03, 07:18 AM
Dave Kearton

"Joe Delphi" wrote in message
ink.net...
From the Time.Com website:

"The interrogators also asked Saddam if he knew about the location of
Captain Scott Speicher, a U.S. pilot who went missing during the first

Gulf
War. "No," replied the former Iraqi president, "we have never kept any
prisoners. I have never known what happened."

Whaddya think? Is he telling the truth?

Without applying the electrodes, you'll never really know.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old December 18th 03, 09:36 AM
--= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, "Joe Delphi" delphi561
@no.spam.earthlink.net wrote:

From the Time.Com website:

"The interrogators also asked Saddam if he knew about the location of
Captain Scott Speicher, a U.S. pilot who went missing during the first Gulf
War. "No," replied the former Iraqi president, "we have never kept any
prisoners. I have never known what happened."

Whaddya think? Is he telling the truth?

The only liar involved here is Bu$h.

--
--=( Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí )=----- ----- --- - -
Rebel Alliance Galactic Usenet News Service
Old December 18th 03, 01:56 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 12/18/03 1:18 AM, in article ,
"Dave Kearton" wrote:

"Joe Delphi" wrote in message
ink.net...
From the Time.Com website:

"The interrogators also asked Saddam if he knew about the location of
Captain Scott Speicher, a U.S. pilot who went missing during the first

Gulf
War. "No," replied the former Iraqi president, "we have never kept any
prisoners. I have never known what happened."

Whaddya think? Is he telling the truth?

Without applying the electrodes, you'll never really know.

Electrodes never really do the trick. Eventually, the person will say
whatever you want them to say just to stop the pain.

--Woody

Old December 18th 03, 02:49 PM
Matt Wiser

"Joe Delphi" wrote:
From the Time.Com website:

"The interrogators also asked Saddam if he knew
about the location of
Captain Scott Speicher, a U.S. pilot who went
missing during the first Gulf
War. "No," replied the former Iraqi president,
"we have never kept any
prisoners. I have never known what happened."

Whaddya think? Is he telling the truth?

Doubtful. There's a LOT of files captured that have to be searched to see
if the prewar reports of Speicher being a POW are true. A shame Uday and
Qusay got themselves killed: Qusay supervised the Special Security Organization,
and he would've known about Speicher-he took that info to the grave with
him and his ******* brother. Somewhere, somebody knows what happened to him,
and unfortunately, it's slow going in finding out.

Old December 18th 03, 10:41 PM
JamesF1110

It is a shame we are such a civilized country when dealing with Saddam. He
must be viewing his incarceration with a little bit of relief. It is also a
shame the "Tiger of the Tigris" did not receive more than the "President Bush
sends his regards" from our amazing men and women on the ground.
Old December 19th 03, 12:07 AM
George Shirley

JamesF1110 wrote:

It is a shame we are such a civilized country when dealing with Saddam. He
must be viewing his incarceration with a little bit of relief. It is also a
shame the "Tiger of the Tigris" did not receive more than the "President Bush
sends his regards" from our amazing men and women on the ground.

The liberals are already going nuts because we didn't have a search
warrant nor did we knock properly on his spider hole. See the Boston
Globe for confirmation.

George

Old December 19th 03, 01:30 AM
Jim Carriere

"JamesF1110" wrote in message
It is a shame we are such a civilized country when dealing with Saddam.

He
must be viewing his incarceration with a little bit of relief. It is also

shame the "Tiger of the Tigris" did not receive more than the "President

Bush
sends his regards" from our amazing men and women on the ground.

On the contrary, I think it is remarkable that, in spite of our
imperfections, we are that civilized.

I think the shame lies in that there are so many profoundly misguided
individuals around the world who, whether due to their upbringing, society,
or whatever, are not able to see that and instead stand by their own view of
things.

I agree that he must presently feel some relief that he was captured by
Americans instead of his own countrymen...

Old December 19th 03, 01:36 AM
Dave Kearton

"Jim Carriere" wrote in message
[...]

Historically true, considering the number of Germans who travelled great
distances to surrender to the West instead of waiting where they were for
the Russians to arrive.

In the Hussein context, "President Bush sends his regards" might be a
polite way of saying "get used to the dirt"

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old December 19th 03, 06:37 AM
Krztalizer