B-58

Old March 19th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default B-58

Take a look at my B-58 web site shown below. While there be sure to click
on the link for More B-58 Pictures Annex for 3 more pages of pictures and
text about the Hustler. Sign the Guest Book.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

--

-

Old March 19th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

"Darrell S" wrote in message
Take a look at my B-58 web site shown below. While there be sure to click
on the link for More B-58 Pictures Annex for 3 more pages of pictures and
text about the Hustler. Sign the Guest Book.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Nice web site Darrell!

Old March 19th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

"Darrell S" wrote in message
Take a look at my B-58 web site shown below. While there be sure to click
on the link for More B-58 Pictures Annex for 3 more pages of pictures and
text about the Hustler.

Are there recent new additions, or the same stuff you have had there for a
while?

Nice page, by the way.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 19th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

In article t4iTf.9252$z82.4212@fed1read07, Darrell S
wrote:

Take a look at my B-58 web site shown below. While there be sure to click
on the link for More B-58 Pictures Annex for 3 more pages of pictures and
text about the Hustler. Sign the Guest Book.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Nice page!

What are the jobs of the crew (forward to aft) . Logical that the
skipper is in the forward compartment- what are the jobs of the guys in
the next two compartments? Did this airplane have ejection seats?

I think I had a model of this airplane when I was a kid. Always liked
the looks of the Hustler.

raoul
Old March 19th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:

Take a look at my B-58 web site shown below. While there be sure to

click
on the link for More B-58 Pictures Annex for 3 more pages of pictures

and
text about the Hustler. Sign the Guest Book.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Nice page!

What are the jobs of the crew (forward to aft) . Logical that the
skipper is in the forward compartment- what are the jobs of the guys in
the next two compartments?

Discussed on his site.

Did this airplane have ejection seats?

Also discussed on his site.

Old March 20th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Nice site and nice Lippisch delta rip-off like the F-102/106.

Rob

Old March 20th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Rob,

Not to take a single thing away from Dr. Lissisch, but to suggest every
delta is a rip-off of his work is to suggest that any aircraft is a
rip-off of anything with a similar planaform. To follow that same
arguement, you end up with a Pitts biplane being a rip-off of the
Wright Flyer; they both being biplanes.

Blue skies

John

Old March 20th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Son of a gun . . . just found the typo . . . sorry . . . meant to write
Dr. Lippisch. My apologies.

John

Old March 20th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:15:28 -0800, "Darrell S"
wrote:

Take a look at my B-58 web site shown below. While there be sure to click
on the link for More B-58 Pictures Annex for 3 more pages of pictures and
text about the Hustler. Sign the Guest Book.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

I see seats for the pilot, navigator, and DSO. Where did they put the
bear?
Old March 20th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Nice site. The 2nd photo of the crew standing up with hatches open
reminds me of the "Whack-A-Mole" game.

The Hustler was always one of my favorites. Amazing how far engine tech
has come - 15,000lbst in burner for the J79 doesn't seem like very much
today.