Power LEDs

Old June 3rd 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

Default Power LEDs

On 2008-06-03, Mike Isaksen wrote:
seems like a good way to generate lots of RF hash.

Yeah, I was wondering about that when I saw the $7 12vdc inverter.
But the 1 inch by 12 inch strips are cheap enough to try:
http://www.glowhut.com/el-strip--el-panel.html

Yeah. I'd stick a couple of them in the airplane and exercise all of the
radios before committing to a full EL illumination system.

Hey where are you at in the countdown?

The aircraft came out of the paint shop this morning; they're putting the
finishing touches on it this week, and test flying it late this week and
early next week. I'm going to the factory Tuesday to look it over and take
delivery.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old June 3rd 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mike Isaksen

"Jay Maynard" wrote...
I'm going to the factory Tuesday to look
it over and take delivery.

Nice! Just in time for summer.

Wasn't is just last month you were torn which model to get ?!?
Time flies,.. now you will too.

PS. here's the LED brow lighting you preferred (half way down page):
http://www.steinair.com/lights.htm

Old June 3rd 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

On 2008-06-03, Mike Isaksen wrote:
"Jay Maynard" wrote...
I'm going to the factory Tuesday to look it over and take delivery.

Nice! Just in time for summer.

Yup. Good thing, too, since I'm planning a long trip home with it that'll
take 20 hours in the air or so.

Wasn't is just last month you were torn which model to get ?!?
Time flies,.. now you will too.

More like 3 months ago...and time has seemed to drag a bit, too.
Old June 4th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jun 2, 8:06*am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Much better, more light for the same current, LedEngin from Mouser. *Less
expensive and the packaging is far superior. *Coming up September issue, as
I recall.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

wrote in message

JIm Weir,
I noted your article in the current issue of KP on LEDs.

I have purchased a small quanity of these. *hard to find as they were
recalled *- lens were coming off in production. *160 lm @ 1000ma
http://lumileds.com/pdfs/DS60.pdf
My plans are to create a Rudder TE light bar and strobe them.
Currently on the shelf with another project ahead of it.
Jim Heffelfinger
Sacramento- Hide quoted text -

The cost of the LXK2-PWC4-160 units were $3.41 from Future
Electronics. I had no idea there were 15 watt units out there.
Thanks for the lead.
Jim Heffelfinger
Old June 4th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote in message

JIm Weir,
I noted your article in the current issue of KP on LEDs.

I have purchased a small quanity of these. *hard to find as they were
recalled *- lens were coming off in production. *160 lm @ 1000ma
http://lumileds.com/pdfs/DS60.pdf
My plans are to create a Rudder TE light bar and strobe them.
Currently on the shelf with another project ahead of it.
Jim Heffelfinger
Sacramento- Hide quoted text -

When displaying this string, I found alongside this url

http://www.environmentallights.com/c...FRJxxwodRQ0pTw

Looks like strips a foot long can be had reasonably.

They don't put the LEDs in series.

Bill Hale

The cost of the LXK2-PWC4-160 units were $3.41 from Future
Electronics. *I had no idea there were 15 watt units out there.
Thanks for the lead.
Jim Heffelfinger- Hide quoted text -

KX-155 LEDs Steven Barnes Owning 21 July 11th 13 09:04 AM
LEDs Hilton Piloting 15 August 21st 07 04:36 AM
Nav Lights using Luxeon LEDs Andrew Sarangan Home Built 28 March 7th 06 10:18 PM
LEDs for Nav Lights - Jim Weir Scott Gettings Home Built 3 February 17th 04 02:53 AM
LEDs Morgans Home Built 6 August 19th 03 03:49 AM