Airbike Plans

Old December 11th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monty

Default Airbike Plans

Ok, one more round of it: does anyone have a set of Airbike plans for
sale, or know of the German website that was/is producing them
(newairbike.com)?

Thanks
Old December 11th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Karl-Heinz Künzel

Monty schrieb:
Ok, one more round of it: does anyone have a set of Airbike plans for
sale, or know of the German website that was/is producing them
(newairbike.com)?

Thanks

http://www.kronichflug.de/kid.74.pg....m-17072009.htm

seems to be in business.

Regards KH
Old December 11th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monty

Thanks.

I was hoping for the English site, but this will do for starters.
Old December 15th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)

Monty wrote:
Thanks.

I was hoping for the English site, but this will do for starters.

Put in the web address www.kronichflug.de into the Google machine and
select Translate this page. Links within are also translated.
Old December 16th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monty

Did that and sent an e-mail off to them...unfortunately it wasn't in
German and I don't know anyone that speaks it. However, English is
fairly common in Europe and hopefully they will be able to translate
and respond.

Thanks again!
Old December 17th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Phil

I didn't hear if you were looking for single or two place information , I do
know that the Legal Eagle wings are pretty much identical , good luck , Phil

Old December 17th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monty

Thanks for the Legal Eagle info. It is very similar. As for single
ot two-place, I'm open but I would prefer two-place. I have a line on
some AirBike plans in NC and FLA and just waiting for something to pan
out.
Old December 20th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Monty wrote:
Did that and sent an e-mail off to them...unfortunately it wasn't in
German and I don't know anyone that speaks it. However, English is
fairly common in Europe and hopefully they will be able to translate
and respond.

Thanks again!

Well, since Google is taking over the earth, they also have a page where
you can translate text. Appropriately, it's at translate.google.com.
Enter your text and select the languages. I don't know how well it
works, so I'd include an explanation about the machine-generated
translation in the message. When you get a reply, just run it back again.
Old December 20th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)" wrote in message
Monty wrote:
Did that and sent an e-mail off to them...unfortunately it wasn't in
German and I don't know anyone that speaks it. However, English is
fairly common in Europe and hopefully they will be able to translate
and respond.

Thanks again!

Well, since Google is taking over the earth, they also have a page where
you can translate text. Appropriately, it's at translate.google.com.
Enter your text and select the languages. I don't know how well it works,
so I'd include an explanation about the machine-generated translation in
the message. When you get a reply, just run it back again.

I also tried the earlier full page translation that you mentioned and also
this cut and paste method, as I had not previoulsy been aware of the google
translation features. Both seem to work amazingly well. Not great
litterature, nor the salvation of either language from the ravages of
careless "street" usage; but certainly fulfilling the objective of the
moment--especially if an explanation is included that an automated
translation was used.

Thanks for adding some very usefull knowledge!
Peter

Old December 31st 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monty

As an update, I've not received any reply regarding plans. I'm
beginning to think the answer to my question is a resounding 'no' to
plans, and I'm not in a position to afford the almost 20K euros (plus
shipping) for a built one. Besides, where's the fun in that?

Back to the web to see if anyone has plans.