Cleaning (de-bugging) your airplane?

Old June 8th 05, 12:02 AM

Default Cleaning (de-bugging) your airplane?

What does everyone use to de-bug their planes?
I want to be honest with everyone, I started a company that makes a
cleaner but I don't want to use this area to advertise I just want to
see what everyone is using.

Old June 8th 05, 12:45 AM
Kyle Boatright

wrote in message
oups.com...
What does everyone use to de-bug their planes?
I want to be honest with everyone, I started a company that makes a
cleaner but I don't want to use this area to advertise I just want to
see what everyone is using.

I used windshield washer fluid from Wal-Mart. At $2.00/gallon it is cheap,
and then it is supposed to be diluted 50%.

I don't use it on the plexiglass.

I'm sure it is at least as effective as plain 'ol water.

Old June 8th 05, 12:45 AM
Howard Nelson

wrote in message
oups.com...
What does everyone use to de-bug their planes?
I want to be honest with everyone, I started a company that makes a
cleaner but I don't want to use this area to advertise I just want to
see what everyone is using.

Sunny days. Drape wet towels over buggy areas, busy myself around the hanger
or plane for 30-60mins, remove towels and wipe bugs off, wax those areas.

Foggy days. Pull plane out in fog, Spray buggy areas with spray bottle. Let
sit 45-60mins, wipe bugs off.

Rain might work too but not much rain in SW May-Nov.

Howard

Old June 8th 05, 01:58 AM
Carl Orton

Once I park, I use Meguiar's Detail Spray. Spray it on one wing, the strut,
and the cowl, go back and wipe it off w/o waiting, then do the other side
the same way. 5 Minute cleanup.

oups.com...

Old June 8th 05, 05:12 AM
Nathan Young

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:45:42 GMT, "Howard Nelson"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
What does everyone use to de-bug their planes?
I want to be honest with everyone, I started a company that makes a
cleaner but I don't want to use this area to advertise I just want to
see what everyone is using.

Sunny days. Drape wet towels over buggy areas, busy myself around the hanger
or plane for 30-60mins, remove towels and wipe bugs off, wax those areas.

Ditto. Wet towels and time go a long way.
Old June 8th 05, 01:01 PM
Denny

DRI-WASH-N-GUARD... Greatest thing since sliced bread... No waiting 60
minutes, etc... Just lightly spray it along the buggy areas... Walk
back to the starting point and start wiping... It leaves a polymer
layer on the paint that keeps bug juice from bonding to the paint next
time out... 5 minutes to do a twin after every flight...

denny

Old June 8th 05, 05:18 PM
Paul kgyy

Rejex

Old June 8th 05, 08:13 PM
Robert M. Gary

Put Pledge on the leading edges before the bug encounter. Then use your
emergency water after you land to wipe them off. I never take off
without at least a gallon of water on board. If you do have an
off-airport landing, its likely to be lack of water that gets you.

Old June 8th 05, 08:53 PM
Thomas Borchert

Rejex. Now trying Aeroshell Flightjacket.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)