Dayton USAF museum

Old July 14th 03, 10:28 PM
JFLEISC

Default Dayton USAF museum

Well, this is embaressing; I had posted a question about a month ago about
where to fly to in the Dayton area to go to the USAF museum and several of you
kind folks recommended one of the outlying less congested airports (plus some
others) with a good family-run (I think) FBO. Now that I want to call and make
arrangements I'll be damned if I can find where I wrote it down. I'm hoping
that the original respondents will reread this and post the info again. Thanks.

Jim F

(I write things down so I won't forget them but keep forgetting where I put the
note!)
Old July 14th 03, 10:32 PM
Jay Honeck

See http://makeashorterlink.com/?T6DD11345 from my trip there in May...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 23rd 03, 01:18 AM
mrhct

Jim, make sure you plan on 2 full days at the museum. I just returned from 2
at the airshow and 2 at the museum, sensory overload is the only way to
describe it.

Old July 23rd 03, 01:50 AM
JFLEISC

Jim, make sure you plan on 2 full days at the museum. I just returned from 2
at the airshow and 2 at the museum, sensory overload is the only way to
describe it.

Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.

Jim
Old July 23rd 03, 01:37 PM
john smith

JFLEISC wrote:
Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.

Don't forget to visit the Annex.
Old July 23rd 03, 04:14 PM
Big John

Did you see my F-89J (bird I flew on occason when adviser to Maine
ANG)? As I recall, they have two inert Atomic Air to Air rockets hung
on the pylons.

Big John

Old July 23rd 03, 09:23 PM
mrhct

Ah yes the annex, aka Presidential and R&D hangers. We took the tour over
there. You only get 40 minutes, we spent all of it in the R&D. Damn I love
that Valkrie. You must, repeat must sign up for the annex EARLY. Doors open
at 9. I suggest you go directly to the sign up desk. The tours to the
hangers fill up very fast.