When did this group change from?

Old September 2nd 08, 05:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

Default When did this group change from?

"Neil Hoskins" schreef in
bericht ...

"Maple1" wrote in message

So killfile them if you don't like it. If that's not good enough,
organise a FAQ.

He already reminded us.

Old September 2nd 08, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"Alan Erskine" schreef in bericht
"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
It's past time for you to Shut The **** Up and go away. Your blind
hatred rants are of no use to anyone except to prove that you're an
idiot.

What "blind hatred rants..." are you referring to? I just can't stand
trolls (like you), that's all.

And look who's talking about blind hatred rants. The words pot, kettle and
black spring to mind.

Regards,
Herman

Old September 2nd 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Herman" wrote in message
b.home.nl...

And look who's talking about blind hatred rants. The words pot, kettle and
black spring to mind.

And he didn't answer "What "blind hatred rants..." are you referring to?"
either. HEMI is a troll; no contribution, just insults.

Old September 2nd 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in news:Xns9B0D759195EA5ReplyScoreID@
216.196.97.136:

L*e*e* added these comments in the current discussion du jour

Hemi head wanna be.

Alan Einstein wannabe.

I'm not a "wanne be" of anyone, but certainly not the loon Alan
Erskine.

Hey HP/Jerry

I was referring that to the limited-to-one-word poster
"alanr" as an Alan Einstein wannabe.

For weeks I've had to bite my tongue and NOT go to the
Alan Irksome level and "accidentally" call him Alan
Dickskin. But I refuse to do that. I'm better than to
resort to vulgarities (in here at least).

BUT! I'll be happy to list the many other ng's I post
in where it is wilder and woolier than this group
of geriatric "get off my lawn" curmudgeons. ;-)

Just occurs to me that I could violate netiquette and
cross-post to a half dozen groups and lure some of the
*real* wackos I deal with, to "come on down." Wow, this
place would fold in a week. But I'm queer for pics of
aircraft. So it'll remain a thought.

Also, please pardon my occasional nym-shift. Sometimes
I have something to say to Dicksk... oops, Einstein,
who plonked me a while back.

Mean ol' Lee

----------------
Here's *my* funny sig from an ABPA thread on 08/16/08:
Alan Erskine says... "I've got an IQ of 151"
"I'm in the 99th percentile for my age group - that's the top 1 percent"
(nice math there, Einstein!) "I doubt very strongly that you know
anyone in my range of IQ" (Thankfully, NO!)
Lee discussing newsserver retention:
"...I can go back about 6 months..."
Alan Erskine interrupts with:
"Why should we wait for six months to download an image
that was posted yesterday?"
Old September 2nd 08, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:31:32 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Maple1" wrote in message
> [...]

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause problems (aka
"troll").

So, Alan, have you contacted Newsguy about my 'forged' headers yet?

If that is your only worry in the world, you need to get off your chair,
step outside and get a life. You've not posted anything but this silly
question lately.

Ron

Old September 2nd 08, 10:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"Lee**" wrote in message
. 82...
"Alan Erskine" wrote in
:

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause problems
(aka "troll").

Well Einstein, I see that the heilan' laddie is
still here. I'm still here.

Unfortunately, you're still here.

You owe both of us an apology. You *are* a liar
and we *caught you* in your lie.

Would you like the evidence be re-posted for all
to see? I can certainly do that! Not only do I have
copies, I have a real news-service account.

We asked you to "put up or shut up." Being a low-
life troll, you chose neither. Gutless, very gutless.
Not a man at all.

Since you won't apologize to either of us directly,
why don't you apologize to the entire group for lying.

Gutless eunuch. You're a shiver looking for a spine
to crawl up.

You'd best be the one to STFU in this NG from now on.
I'll make it my life's mission to educate everyone,
everywhere you go, about what a lying troll you
actually are, Mr.IQ.

I see many trolls here, but Alan is not one of them. Get a life, try some
fresh air for a change.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old September 2nd 08, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
You haven't made a credible case yet as to why it matters if a
poster does his own photography, posts scans, or posts pictures
from some other place. Your views here are so strident and so
truculant that besides being a bigot, I see you're also a
misanthrope. You and the others deserve each other because, in
case you haven't noticed, you've defined a clique and are trying
to drive off those who don't agree by negative peer pressure.
That is wrong, inconsiderate, and downright rude.

Look up usenet etiquette and read. Google is your friend. One of the rules
of this (and many other groups) is- no: used to be- that you post your own
original work. That rule appearantly got discarded when idiots managed to
use a PC. It got discarded along with the rule 'do not flood' and many
others. To get things your way you simply resort to namecalling, swearing
and insulting. You have not, in any way, made an effort to fit into a group
that already existed at least a decade ago.

Old September 2nd 08, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
Neil Hoskins added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

So killfile them if you don't like it. If that's not good
enough, organise a FAQ.

Apparently there is a FAQ and posting guidelines document. It was
posted just yesterday. The date of the last revision seems to be
some time in 2007 but in many years of monitoring this NG,
yesterday was the first time I'd seen it.

What the powers that be that think they run this NG need to do is
update and modernize the FAQ/posting guidelines for the modern
world of broadband and then post the updated FAQs often so that
people are aware of it. Simply complaining about the way some folks
post is futile if the offenders are not aware of the FAQs.

Many years? I'd say at most two and a half years. The last time I did a
weekly post was 5th March 2006.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old September 3rd 08, 01:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Hemi the god of the newsworld made this silly rantreading into a
statment instead of taking it as written.

What is wrong here is the notion that only original work is
allowed. If the collective group really wants to do that, it
should modify the FAQs and enforce them vigorously. But, they
should also be prepared for a huge drop in good content being
posted here if alternate sources of pictures are forbidden.

Hey Hemi you asshole I did not state that it could not be done I asked
WHERE IS THE ORIGINAL WORK? I did not ask that no one post other work I
asked a question that is very different then what you have written. Come
back when you quit being a RED NECK and have taken a reading course.

And frankly asswipe. There is great content on the www that need not be
reposted in its entierty here. If I am interested in Apollo I have the
brights to go to the NASA site myself or request the photo I do not need
every photo NASA has posted in this group. We are already seeing some
ISP's drop New service as it is.

But hey you may not be bright enough to find the Nasa site so here is a
link.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/
Old September 3rd 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:38:40 -0400, Ron wrote
(in article ):

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause problems (aka
"troll").

So, Alan, have you contacted Newsguy about my 'forged' headers yet?

If that is your only worry in the world,

Not worried.

you need to get off your chair,
step outside and get a life. You've not posted anything but this silly
question lately.

He hasn't answered it. I suspect that he never will.

asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 02:12 PM
Last Change for Top Gun Zomby Woof Simulators 3 October 1st 05 04:20 AM
[igc-discuss] To change or not to change... rules ? Denis Soaring 0 February 16th 05 07:24 PM
Oil change. Tony Cox Owning 14 October 20th 04 04:31 PM
change of name. M. H. Greaves Military Aviation 6 April 10th 04 04:49 PM