Abject surrender

Old March 16th 04, 02:40 AM
Tony

Default Abject surrender

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.
Do the Spanish really think that will be Al Quada's last demand?

Old March 16th 04, 02:56 AM
Yeff

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:40:55 -0600, Tony wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.

Spain held an election and the people spoke. Damn democracy!

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old March 18th 04, 04:43 PM
Alan Minyard

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:56:03 -0500, Yeff wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:40:55 -0600, Tony wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.

Spain held an election and the people spoke. Damn democracy!

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

No, damn cowards

Al Minyard
Old March 19th 04, 04:21 AM

Alan Minyard wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:56:03 -0500, Yeff wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:40:55 -0600, Tony wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.

Spain held an election and the people spoke. Damn democracy!

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

No, damn cowards

Al Minyard

Gave in to the school bully I guess...
--

-Gord.
Old March 19th 04, 04:37 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
Alan Minyard wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:56:03 -0500, Yeff wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:40:55 -0600, Tony wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.

Spain held an election and the people spoke. Damn democracy!

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

No, damn cowards

Al Minyard

Gave in to the school bully I guess...

Pretty good analogy. Can't help but imagine what the effect of such an
attack would have been over here on this side of the big water; history
seems to point to it having likely resulted in an increase in support of
efforts aimed at draining the swamp that has given life to the butchers and
even if you don't credit Iraq with any links to terrorism (which would
require one to be somewhat myopic given their hosting of folks like Abu
Nidal and Abbas) we'd have been more determined not to cave in to their
demands, but Spain rolled over so fast it is not even funny. Their respect
rank just went down a few notches in my view.

Brooks

--

-Gord.

Old March 19th 04, 03:50 PM
Alan Minyard

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 04:21:14 GMT, "Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

Alan Minyard wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:56:03 -0500, Yeff wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:40:55 -0600, Tony wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.

Spain held an election and the people spoke. Damn democracy!

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

No, damn cowards

Al Minyard

Gave in to the school bully I guess...

Yes, but in my experience the bully goes on bullying. Can anyone say
"Chamberline"??

Al Minyard
Old March 25th 04, 04:11 AM

"Tony" wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.
Do the Spanish really think that will be Al Quada's last demand?

Better question might be 'Do the Spanish really think'?

Sure doesn't seem like they have a great deal of foresight...
--

-Gord.
Old March 25th 04, 06:22 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

"Tony" wrote:

Well, we now have the first surrender in the War on Terror. Spain has
surrendered to Al Quada and will remove its troops from Iraq.
Do the Spanish really think that will be Al Quada's last demand?

Better question might be 'Do the Spanish really think'?

Sure doesn't seem like they have a great deal of foresight...

The above comment was wrong, anyway.

The first surrender in the War on Terror was Libya.

Gaddhafi isn't stupid - he saw the trend.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old March 25th 04, 09:27 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
In article ,

The above comment was wrong, anyway.

The first surrender in the War on Terror was Libya.

I'd suggest that 'honor' belongs to Pakistan which incubated
the Taliban and Al Qaeda. After 9-11 Musharraf looked
over the brink and decided cooperation with the US was
a better idea.

Keith