A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

SeeYou - managing waypoints

Old June 16th 16, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default SeeYou - managing waypoints

New SeeYou user with version 8.11.

The default setup loads a huge waypoint database. It appears all waypoints are lumped into one single file. This makes it very tedious to locate and select a desired waypoint.

My preference is to have waypoints organized in site specific sub-folders. Is this possible?

Old June 16th 16, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

I'm not familiar with SeeYou but in XCSoar, the waypoint database is a
text file and can be swapped out on the fly while the program is
running. If such is the same with SeeYou, you could create multiple
smaller databases from your huge database and then use the one that is
best suited for a particular flight and, if necessary, change to a
different database during a flight.

Hope that helps.

On 6/16/2016 9:16 AM, wrote:

The default setup loads a huge waypoint database. It appears all waypoints are lumped into one single file. This makes it very tedious to locate and select a desired waypoint.

My preference is to have waypoints organized in site specific sub-folders. Is this possible?

--
Dan, 5J
Old June 16th 16, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 8:16:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Yes, you can close that waypoint list and open another, save it as whatever you want to call it.
Should you wish, version 8 allows you to copy waypoints from one database to another.
Jim

Old June 16th 16, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks JS.

Are contest turnpoints (.cup) files meant to reside in a "library" inside the SeeYou program or should you store them in a site specific file outside the SeeYou program?

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:59:23 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:

Yes, you can close that waypoint list and open another, save it as whatever you want to call it.
Should you wish, version 8 allows you to copy waypoints from one database to another.
Jim

Old June 16th 16, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 11:41:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Thanks JS.

Are contest turnpoints (.cup) files meant to reside in a "library" inside the SeeYou program or should you store them in a site specific file outside the SeeYou program?

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:59:23 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:

Jim

Store the files wherever you want!
For example, all my cup files are in C:\Documents\Aviation. Right now working with one I renamed "Nephi 2016 c6b.cup".
Jim
Old June 17th 16, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA
external usenet poster

You can do either. There is a single waypoint database in the program -- you can replace it with anything you want. Or you can keep turnpoints in external .CUP files and open them in a window just when you want them.

When you open a .CUP file the program asks if you want to just open it in a window or put the waypoints into the internal database.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"