Christmas in October - Was . . . $95

Old October 21st 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default Christmas in October - Was . . . $95

Well, I just got Christmas in October...
Last two take offs out of three, the left engine (~700 smoh with ~ 5800
total) has sagged off a bit then by the time the gear was up it picked
back up...
Flew over to the kindly old shoemakers shop - err, sorry, wrong fable -
mechanics shop for a pow wow... Long story short, after cutting the oil
filter, run ups, full throttle pulls, electronic strobe checks, scratch
head, scratch other brain, the kindly old mechanic lit his horrendously
stinky pipe (I swear he smokes horse ****), ostentaciously eased the
family jewels over to the other side, and opined that it was just carb
ice...
After our usual method of calm discussion - involving lots of anglo
saxon deities, wild gesticulations, slopped coffee, and tire kicking -
I agree with him..

This cost me a few bucks plus my gas - where I had been picturing a
fresh overhaul if not a replacement engine.. It must be Christmas...!

denny

Old October 21st 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Well, I just got Christmas in October...

Ya know, between you and Jack saving all this money, I'm starting to
feel pretty bad about my oil cooler failure a coupla weeks ago.

And I was feeling good about getting away for less than 1 AMU, too...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 21st 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison[_1_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, I just got Christmas in October...

Ya know, between you and Jack saving all this money, I'm starting to
feel pretty bad about my oil cooler failure a coupla weeks ago.

And I was feeling good about getting away for less than 1 AMU, too...

Yeah, somebody has to balance out all this money saving. Sorry it's you
Jay. Then again, I figure after our rib replacement deal at annual,
we've paid our dues, so to speak, for some time (at least I sure hope so).

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old October 21st 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Yeah, somebody has to balance out all this money saving. Sorry it's you
Jay. Then again, I figure after our rib replacement deal at annual,
we've paid our dues, so to speak, for some time (at least I sure hope so).

That's for sure!

I'm just kidding -- my oil cooler failure worked out fantastically, and
I'm glad your dual glideslopes came together, too. (I've got 'em in my
plane, too, for what they're worth to me. I turn my VORs on every few
months, just to see if they still work! ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 23rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Jack Allison wrote:

Yeah, somebody has to balance out all this money saving.

If you need a balancing story, I would be happy to provide two multi AMU
stories.

--
Peter
Old October 24th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison[_1_]

Peter R. wrote:
Jack Allison wrote:

Yeah, somebody has to balance out all this money saving.

If you need a balancing story, I would be happy to provide two multi AMU
stories.

Thanks Peter but we have our own multi-AMU story that came as a result
of the (are you listening Jim W? :-) ), *required repairs* from our
first annual. Sorry that you have two multi-AMU stories to report...I'm
sure they're...not quite sure what the right word is here...worthy?
worthwhile? noteworthy?...yeah, noteworthy is about the best I can come
up with right now.

Old October 24th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Jack Allison wrote:

yeah, noteworthy is about the best I can come
up with right now.

LOL!

--
Peter