Lowrance Airmap 1000 users?

Old March 5th 04, 04:20 AM

Default Lowrance Airmap 1000 users?

Looks like this is the GPS of choice, bang for buck and all
that...

Any comments, critiques, praises form those of you who use it?

(before we lay down the card?

... C 172, VFR only navigation...

Will the mount fit on a 172 yoke?

Dave
Old March 5th 04, 04:38 AM
Jay Honeck

Any comments, critiques, praises form those of you who use it?

Lowrance customer service sucks. They orphaned their Lowrance Airmap 300
after just four (4!) years.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 5th 04, 02:55 PM
JJS

I just received one a few days ago. Initial impression is positive
but have only used it in the truck so far. I appears I may have
trouble with the ram mount fitting my bow tie yoke, nicely. Pirep
forthcoming if the weather holds for the weekend. I'm planning to fly
a cross country trip in the a.m. It is replacing an Airmap 100.

Joe Schneider
8437R

Old March 8th 04, 09:22 AM
ken \(good grief it's upside down\)

I am still waiting for the jeppson update for Oz airspace. We had a major
re-arrangement of airspace last year in Nov after many many months of debate
and discussion. The jeppson/lowrance combo is useless as far as support
goes, I would have been better off buying the less than half priced standard
garmin or other brand and just getting the waypoints for airports/turning
points off the net. Don't know about other users eg garmin who are using
jeppson databases if it's a jeppson issue or lowrance, either way I'm glad I
don't "depend" on it!