Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Old September 28th 05, 05:47 PM

Default Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Would anyone know why I cannot back up disc 4 of this Microsoft Flight
Simulator 2004.
I use it frequently and fear that I might damage my one and only copy.
If anyone has been successfull in backing up disc 4, could you please
let me know what back up software you used.

Thank you
Dave
Old September 29th 05, 06:06 PM
Chris G.

Or... you can purchase Alcohol 120% and use their program to make a
legal copy of your CD #4 *AND* create an image that you can mount
virtually on your computer, thus eliminating the need for a nocd patch
(that is technically illegal) AND you will be able to play FS9 and it
will always think there is a CD. This is how I did it! Same for Halo
and some of my other games. It's a great program!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...t.com/&e=10342

Chris

wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:47:32 -0400,
wrote:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Would anyone know why I cannot back up disc 4 of this Microsoft Flight
Simulator 2004.
I use it frequently and fear that I might damage my one and only copy.
If anyone has been successfull in backing up disc 4, could you please
let me know what back up software you used.

Thank you
Dave

Don't bother! Just go to one of the FS websites or try google and
search for 'fs2004 nocd', plenty of links then you donn't need the CD.

Old September 29th 05, 07:20 PM
Peter Duniho

"Chris G." nospam@noemail wrote in message
eenews.net...
Or... you can purchase Alcohol 120% and use their program to make a legal
copy of your CD #4 *AND* create an image that you can mount virtually on
your computer, thus eliminating the need for a nocd patch (that is
technically illegal)

For what it's worth, a program like Alcohol 120% is just as illegal as any
"nocd patch". Both involve the circumvention of copy protection schemes,
which is illegal under the DMCA (even in fair-use situations such as backing
up or enhancing convenience, where the basic use license is not being
violated).

IMHO, that illegality shouldn't stop anyone from using those kinds of
programs, assuming one does have a legal license to use the software. One
just should not be under the impression that there's a difference between
circumventing copy protection schemes one way versus another. It's all
technically illegal.

Pete

Old October 2nd 05, 10:09 PM
Blue

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
[...]

IMO all laws that cannot or will not be enforced should not be enacted.
That is why I consider the drug and abortion laws wrong headed. Their only
use is for the "politically" folks to take the moral highground in seeking
votes and demonizing their opponents.

I never gave the "illegality" of nocd use in flight simming the slightest
consideration nor would I give mainlining peanut butter any legal
consideration if I wanted to do that.

Blue