Vangaurd Explorer I launch Jan 31, 1958 exlaunch1958.jpg

Old November 11th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

Default Vangaurd Explorer I launch Jan 31, 1958 exlaunch1958.jpg

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:31:18 -0000, Dave Kearton wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:07:16 -0000, Dave Kearton
wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:
wrote in message
As for the size, I post them as I find them and I WILL NOT BE
REDUCING the size to suit you no matter how much you complain. So
if you don't like them, write a filter not load them or to just
delete them.

I'm not suggesting that you reduce the size; just post the image in
one piece. It's easy enough to do.

It's highly likely that J3's server has a maximum message size of
600K. When Ozemail was into binaries, it's size was 500K, the
putsch I'm using now has a better size at 1300K.

Certainly you can set the message sizes larger - or unlimited - but
if the original server rejects them as too big, nobody sees them.

I've never seen a server with a limit of lesss than 1MB. My current
one is 10MB.

Alright smart guy, post a 10mb message here (or in alt.test) I'll wait.

In alt.test, subject "10MB test - 9748.jpg"

Never dive into deep concrete.
Old November 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Haven't seen it yet on the 3 servers that I subscribe to, the real test is
to send it from J3's account.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old November 12th 06, 02:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:

It's highly likely that J3's server has a maximum message size of
600K. When Ozemail was into binaries, it's size was 500K, the
putsch I'm using now has a better size at 1300K.

Certainly you can set the message sizes larger - or unlimited - but
if the original server rejects them as too big, nobody sees them.

I've never seen a server with a limit of lesss than 1MB. My current
one is 10MB.

Alright smart guy, post a 10mb message here (or in alt.test) I'll
wait.

In alt.test, subject "10MB test - 9748.jpg"

Haven't seen it yet on the 3 servers that I subscribe to, the real test is
to send it from J3's account.

If you can't see it, you're using servers that don't do big messages. I wouldn't put up with a server like that.

What is the first thing a blonde learns when she takes driving lessons?
You can also sit upright in a car.
Old November 12th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:

It's highly likely that J3's server has a maximum message size of
600K. When Ozemail was into binaries, it's size was 500K, the
putsch I'm using now has a better size at 1300K.

Certainly you can set the message sizes larger - or unlimited -
but if the original server rejects them as too big, nobody sees
them.

I've never seen a server with a limit of lesss than 1MB. My
current one is 10MB.

Alright smart guy, post a 10mb message here (or in alt.test)
I'll wait.

In alt.test, subject "10MB test - 9748.jpg"

Haven't seen it yet on the 3 servers that I subscribe to, the real
test is to send it from J3's account.

If you can't see it, you're using servers that don't do big messages.
I wouldn't put up with a server like that.

....or yours hasn't passed it on, we have no guarantee that your server
acepted it. Nobody else has seen it.

Either way, to me it's no loss.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old November 14th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker

wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

Alright smart guy, post a 10mb message here (or in alt.test)
I'll wait.

In alt.test, subject "10MB test - 9748.jpg"

Haven't seen it yet on the 3 servers that I subscribe to, the real
test is to send it from J3's account.

If you can't see it, you're using servers that don't do big messages.
I wouldn't put up with a server like that.

...or yours hasn't passed it on, we have no guarantee that your server
acepted it. Nobody else has seen it.

Either way, to me it's no loss.

My server has accepted it, as I can see it and redownload it.

I dialed one of those 900 numbers to get some financial advice. They advised me not to dial 900 numbers.