Good Finish 7F

Old February 10th 17, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7K

Default Good Finish 7F

We received sad news earlier today that Sam Fly passed away this morning.

As most of you know, Sam has been a long time TSA member. Many of you heard of Sam's contributions at our September annual meeting, where Sam was honored. Sam was instrumental in much of what we currently enjoy at TSA.

The service will be held on Monday 7/13 at Ben F. Brown Memorial Funeral Home 707 North MacArthur Blvd., Irving Texas (972-254-4242) at 3:00. Viewing will be prior to that at same location from 1-3.

TSA Board
Texas Soaring Association
Old February 10th 17, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7K

The service will be Monday, February 13 instead of 7/13 as indicated above.
Old February 10th 17, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Sad news. I knew Sam from my days at TSA in the late 80s and often
helped rig his brand new LS-6. I later owned that ship.

Good finish!
Dan

--
Dan, 5J
Old February 10th 17, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

God speed, Sam...............I'll see you under a developing Cu some day!
JJ
Old February 11th 17, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul[_2_]

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 10:14:05 PM UTC-6, 7K wrote:
We received sad news earlier today that Sam Fly passed away this morning.

Sam was the heart and soul of TSA. My sincere condolences to his family and all his many friends.

Paul Sampson
Old February 12th 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

So sorry to hear of Sam's passing. First met Sam while hanging around Ray Halloway, Ed Byars, and some others of that generation. Ran into Sam at the port in Charleston back in 2000. He was there to pick up a new Discus I think. He had arrived on the day the RORO ship carrying his new bird had docked, not knowing that they would not have his glider unloaded for two more days. He was a complaining a bit, not about the shipping misunderstanding, but that his wife had demanded that they stay in a $300 a night hotel for the duration.

Glad to have known Sam, if only casually. Condolences and best wishes to his family.

WB

700 agl / 1 mile finish Evan Ludeman[_4_] Soaring 40 May 26th 13 03:10 AM
SRA - Good Finish !!! Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 0 September 5th 09 12:58 PM
You Finish Mad Moose Aviation Photos 2 August 24th 08 06:37 PM
Finish lines Thomas Knauff Soaring 72 May 24th 05 06:09 AM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM