A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glider Checkride Examiner will travel to YOU

Old February 5th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

Default Glider Checkride Examiner will travel to YOU

Almost ready to take your Practical Test ("checkride") for your Private or Commercial glider pilot license?

Ready to become a Glider Flight Instructor?

Burt, your Traveling FAA Glider License Checkride Examiner (DPE) will be on the road (mostly airline actually) starting this spring to New Mexico, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Utah or wherever you need me year-round.

I'm now authorized by the FAA to travel to YOU anywhere in the USA for your Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Flight Instructor (CFI Initial, Add-On, Renewal, Reinstatement) checkride plus my "Rusty Glider Pilot" course where YOU choose the basic skills that you would like to improve to be a better glider pilot.

I'm also authorized by the Soaring Safety Foundation to conduct FREE, confidential "Site Surveys" (by your invitation only) of clubs and soaring sites anywhere in the USA.

E-mail marfagliders a t A0l d0t c om to discuss details and dates.

"Someday" is NOW!
Old February 28th 19, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster

Heading to Utah next week to conduct 3 (possibly 4) glider rating checkrides as a "Traveling FAA Designated Pilot Examiner." Splitting my expenses among several applicants makes sense . . .

I'm now authorized to conduct all glider checkrides including INITIAL CFIG checkrides, anywhere in the USA by your invitation. No time consuming FAA paperwork as in the past.
Just a phone call to me to discuss dates and I'll be booking my travel to your gliderport.

Burt
800-667-9464 rings to my cellphone.

Old May 31st 19, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster

I traveled to Boulder, Colorado, earlier this month to conduct a successful "INITIAL" CFI-Glider for Brooks Mershon, part of the new management / owners at the historic Mile High Gliding commercial operation.
Who's next? I am approved by the FAA to conduct all glider category checkrides anywhere in the USA.

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7:28:16 PM UTC-6, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
Heading to Utah next week to conduct 3 (possibly 4) glider rating checkrides as a "Traveling FAA Designated Pilot Examiner." Splitting my expenses among several applicants makes sense . . .

I'm now authorized to conduct all glider checkrides including INITIAL CFIG checkrides, anywhere in the USA by your invitation. No time consuming FAA paperwork as in the past.
Just a phone call to me to discuss dates and I'll be booking my travel to your gliderport.

Burt
800-667-9464 rings to my cellphone.