Russian missile test failure and government denial...

Old February 19th 04, 02:02 AM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Default Russian missile test failure and government denial...

Apparently, that much anticipated Russian military exercise culminated in
the disintegration of one of their showpiece weapons, the SS-N-23 ICBM. Two
were supposed to be launched from a nuclear sub, but one exploded shortly
after launch, and the other one was called off. This was of course followed
by a prompt official denial, and statement referring to the exercise as a
total success. The Russian media naturally didn't even mention it.

Well I guess that this one really blew up in their face (no pun intended).
This little display was meant to show the world (i.e. the USA) that Russia
still maintained a lethal and reliable deterrent, but now all they have done
is demonstrated exactly how bad the situation with their military truly is.
If they can't even launch two missiles under ideal peaceful conditions,
during a test planned and rehearsed several months in advance, then how can
they be expected to perform under spontaneous wartime conditions? If
anything, I am far less concerned about Russian nuclear capability now then
ever before.

http://www.spacewar.com/2004/040218161827.uu2xifpy.html

http://www.spacewar.com/2004/040217164152.pa3knwh6.html

Old February 19th 04, 09:44 AM
Michael Petukhov

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message ...
Apparently, that much anticipated Russian military exercise culminated in
the disintegration of one of their showpiece weapons, the SS-N-23 ICBM. Two
were supposed to be launched from a nuclear sub, but one exploded shortly
after launch, and the other one was called off.

Rummors which were proved by many media reporters on the site
to be lie later on.

This was of course followed
by a prompt official denial, and statement referring to the exercise as a
total success.

Lie again. One SS-N-23 was fired and after 92 sec of normal flight went
astray and selfliquidated.

The Russian media naturally didn't even mention it.

The event was reported by all russian media with reference on
the primary source the russian NAVY.

Well I guess that this one really blew up in their face (no pun intended).
This little display was meant to show the world (i.e. the USA) that Russia
still maintained a lethal and reliable deterrent, but now all they have done
is demonstrated exactly how bad the situation with their military truly is.
If they can't even launch two missiles under ideal peaceful conditions,
during a test planned and rehearsed several months in advance, then how can
they be expected to perform under spontaneous wartime conditions? If
anything, I am far less concerned about Russian nuclear capability now then
ever before.

http://www.spacewar.com/2004/040218161827.uu2xifpy.html

http://www.spacewar.com/2004/040217164152.pa3knwh6.html

In reality however of 3 ICMB which were fired yesterday 2 successfully
performed its missions and one went astray. One of successful missions
was PS-18 (Stilleto) equipped by new highly accurate MIRV warheads capable
for manoeuvring at hypersonic speeds. Putin declared that this test was
fully success and this type of new MIRVs will goes in duty service
immideately. He told that he informed Mr. Bush about this new development
and said that it is not directed against US AMB system, rather it is
directed against international terrorist organizations.

Michael
Old February 19th 04, 10:35 PM
BUFDRVR

Or sorry Sir we had to nuke Moscow to get the terrorists
out of Apartment 23B

They're more coastly then a nerve agent as well....

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old February 19th 04, 11:02 PM
Tex Houston

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Or sorry Sir we had to nuke Moscow to get the terrorists
out of Apartment 23B

They're more coastly then a nerve agent as well....

BUFDRVR

Now I have to have one explained to me.

Tex

Old February 19th 04, 11:18 PM
Thomas Schoene

Tex Houston wrote:
"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Or sorry Sir we had to nuke Moscow to get the terrorists
out of Apartment 23B

They're more coastly then a nerve agent as well....

BUFDRVR

Now I have to have one explained to me.

I'm guessing it's a reference to the Moscow theater hostage rescue in 2002,
where a "knockout" gas used to subdue the terrorists also killed about a
hundred and twenty hostages. It was initially thought that the gas was a
nerve agent, possibly BZ. The Russians later admitted it was fentanyl, an
opiate-like anasthetic.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old February 19th 04, 11:23 PM
Tex Houston

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
k.net...
Tex Houston wrote:
"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Or sorry Sir we had to nuke Moscow to get the terrorists
out of Apartment 23B

They're more coastly then a nerve agent as well....

BUFDRVR

Now I have to have one explained to me.

I'm guessing it's a reference to the Moscow theater hostage rescue in

2002,
where a "knockout" gas used to subdue the terrorists also killed about a
hundred and twenty hostages. It was initially thought that the gas was a
nerve agent, possibly BZ. The Russians later admitted it was fentanyl, an
opiate-like anasthetic.

I suppose he meant 'coastly' as in more expensive. I knew about the nerve
agent but 'coastly' just threw me.

Tex

Old February 20th 04, 12:12 AM
Stop SPAM

Tex Houston wrote:
"Thomas Schoene" wrote:
Tex Houston wrote:
"BUFDRVR" wrote:
Or sorry Sir we had to nuke Moscow to get the terrorists
out of Apartment 23B

They're more coastly then a nerve agent as well....

BUFDRVR

Now I have to have one explained to me.

I'm guessing it's a reference to the Moscow theater hostage rescue in 2002,
where a "knockout" gas used to subdue the terrorists also killed about a
hundred and twenty hostages. It was initially thought that the gas was a
nerve agent, possibly BZ. The Russians later admitted it was fentanyl, an
opiate-like anasthetic.

I suppose he meant 'coastly' as in more expensive. I knew about the nerve
agent but 'coastly' just threw me.

Tex

Ummm... or he could have meant it in terms of "more costly" in number of
people killed... a nuke in Moscow will kill more people than a nerve agent.

I trust all Russians are feeling safer and sleeping better now that
Putin's military exercise has demonstrated how well Russia can defend
itself.

Old February 20th 04, 12:37 AM
Krztalizer

I trust all Russians are feeling safer and sleeping better now that
Putin's military exercise has demonstrated how well Russia can defend
itself.

from _terrorists_, mind you.