Countering Widespread Ignorance About the National Guard

Old February 29th 04, 02:17 PM
Mike Marron

"Ragnar" wrote:
"ArtKramr" wrote:

You are a lying piece of crap.

PLONK

Yes, thats the way to do it. PLONK someone who makes valid points. Don't
even try to debate the issue.

Or even more brilliant, conjure up an imaginary playmate like
"Autocollimator" so as to massage your own cringing ego. Here
are just a few excerpts from Kramer/Autocollimator...

"We must never confuse the ones who only talk the talk with those who
actually walked the walk."

--Kramer while posing as "Autocollimator"

"Your vivid memory is our gain. Thanks again."

--Kramer having a discussion "Autocollimator" (e.g: Kramer having a
discussion with Kramer)

"Great story. Thanks for posting it. I envy you your combat
experience..Keep the war stories coming."

--Kramer having a discussion "Autocollimator" (e.g: Kramer having a
discussion with Kramer)

"Your stuff is the most interesting on this NG. You can't beat being
there no matter what. I look for your posts every time I log on. Keep
'em flying."

--Kramer having a discussion "Autocollimator" (e.g: Kramer having a
discussion with Kramer)

"While the Japs were beheading American flyers we were sending German
prisoners to Kansas where they got better food and medical attention
than they ever had in their miserable Nazi lives, Many stayed to marry
American woman and are among us to this day. Your comparison to how
the Japs treated prisoners and how we did is odious and disgusting. I
can only attribute it your ignorance of the history of the period..
Now why don't you take your crappy Piper Cub and shove it where the
sun don't shine..Imbecile."

--Kramer while posing as "Autocollimator"

"Have been reading your website. Great stuff . I have some questions.
We'll do it e-mail. Thanks."

--Kramer having a discussion "Autocollimator" (e.g: Kramer having a
discussion with Kramer)

"Next time the Kauts have you by the throats don't come whining to us
for help again. .We'll let then eat you as we should have in the first
place, Nations that are defenseless shouldn't be so arrogant."

--Kramer while posing as "Autocollimator"

"South African? That is a Brit that coculdn't quite make it. But you
sound more like an Arab to me. Sure you are not an Arab and ashamed
of it?"

--Kramer while posing as "Autocollimator"

"Then there are those idiots who don't know that to this day there
are many Germans who believe in Hitler and the Nazi cause and want to
bring it all back These are the worst idiots of all.."

--Kramer while posing as "Autocollimator"

"As I understand it Art is the only one in this NG that actually flew
combat in WWII as aircrew.So I will take his view above all those
that never flew as aircrew in WW II."

--Kramer having a discussion "Autocollimator" (e.g: Kramer having a
discussion with Kramer)

Face it, Art, you got caught out for being clueless and you don't like it.
Now act like a mature adult for a change.

Kramer/Autocollimator (take your pick) is utterly incapable of acting
like an adult and I'm convinced that the man has gone 'round the pale.
What's sad about all this is that it's virtually impossible to feel
any compassion or sympathy for the old man given all the gratuitous,
mean-spirited vitriol that he constantly spews.

Old February 29th 04, 02:24 PM
BUFDRVR

Many young people could learn much from you

I doubt it. Art's memeories are so twisted and distorted, either by time or his
God awful personality (or both?), that anything coming out his mouth or
keyboard should immediately disregarded.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old March 1st 04, 04:29 AM
GuiltyBystander9

The Americal Division was formed in WW2 (May 1942) from the 132 Regiment
Illinois National Guard, 164 Regiment North Dakota National Guard, 182 Regiment
Massachussetts National Guard. Commanded by Maj. Gen. Alexander Patch, it
served on Guadalcanal. The North Dakota Guard Regiment played the key role in
smashing the largest Japanese offensive of the campaign, in October 1942. The
147 Regiment Ohio National Guard served independently on Guadalcanal, working
closely with Marine units.
Besides the Americal most of the rest of the Army's combat strength in the
South Pacific and New Guinea came from five National Guard Divisions, 41, 43
formed around Connecticut National Guard, 32 formed around Wisconsin and
Michigan National Guards (and commanded by Maj. General Edwin Harding, coauthor
of the Army Infantry Manual), 37 formed around Ohio National Guard and the 25
formed around Washington National Guard.
The 37th, 25th and 43rd fought on New Georgia, the 41 and 32 on New Guinea.
Old March 1st 04, 08:08 PM
John Mullen

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
"Ragnar" wrote:
"ArtKramr" wrote:

[...]

You've tried this before Michael. Why not give it a rest. Your obsession
says more about you than it ever could about Art. And, speaking of
gratuitous, mean-spirited vitriol, I doubt that Art has anything to learn
from you in that area. You also seem mixed up by 'i.e.' and 'e.g.'. Tip: if
you don't understand Latin, leave it alone.

John

Old March 1st 04, 08:45 PM
Kevin Brooks

(BUFDRVR) wrote:

I doubt it. Art's memeories are so twisted and distorted, either by

time
or his
God awful personality (or both?), that anything coming out his mouth or
keyboard should immediately disregarded.

Exactly. Art has absolutely no business posting his insane WW2
gibberish on Usenet and instead he should be working on leather
crafts and paint-by-number projects in some VA hospital mental
ward or nursing home while under constant 24/7 adult supervision.

Personally although I don't always agree with Art, I find the majority of
his posts far more interesting and on-topic than yours.

"Don't always agree with Art"? Based upon his last several rants in this NG,
and their complete and utter lack basis in fact, if you *ever* agree with
Art you have a problem. In regards to on/off-topic, Art is one of the
illustrious few who has, in the very same day, lambasted posters for
off-topic material, then turned right around and *started* a new off-topic
thread. Sadly, he'll take the last phrase of your comment above and treat it
as a veritable "atta-boy, Art--go get 'em". Which will result in his once
again coming out with crap like that which spurred the original post in this
thread. Art, the Tarvernaut, Mo-ron...they are *all* of about equal caliber.
Oops...I forgot to include the resident "down under" (both Aussie and South
African varieties) charter members of that august group, Aerophotos/JGG (and
his patriarchal alter-ego) and Grantland.

Brooks

John

bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other magnificent technological achievements me Military Aviation 146 January 15th 04 11:13 PM
13 Dec 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 13th 03 09:47 PM
11 Nov 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 12th 03 12:58 AM
18 Sep 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 19th 03 03:47 AM