China in space.

Old October 21st 03, 08:57 PM
B2431

From: (robert arndt)
Date: 10/21/2003 3:07 AM Central Daylight Time
(B2431) wrote in message
From:
(robert arndt)

snip

And even though the Holocaust is almost
unforgivable,

The mass murder of innocent Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill,
handicapped, Jehova's Witnesses, political opponents, Soviet POWs etc. is
"almost" unforgivable? According to the Nuremburg Tribunals 12 million

human
beings were slaughtered by the Nazis for the reasons given above.

Would it have been forgivable if it were only 11 million? What do you mean

by
"almost unforgivable?"

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

The Germans in WW2 killed more Soviets (over 20 million) than Jews or
any other group combined. Do you remember them or read about them in
your history books? No. Just like you don't read about Stalin killing
over 30 million of his people (including a large number who died in an
"artificial" famine created in the '30s)or Mao killing over 50 million
in China.
You seem to have "forgiven"/forgotten about them, so why not the
Germans? Hell, China commits close to 20 million abortions per year-
that's the size of a big state in the US and bigger than alot of
nations in the world. I don't hear you lamenting that or the fact that
the US commits around 2 million abortions per year. And what of the
slave trade? How many negros died on the transatlantic journey and in
the 400 years of racial discrimination in the US? You don't seem to
have a problem with that, right? Or the Indians for that matter too.
Stop being a hypocrite.

Rob

Nothing hypocritical at all, I knew all of the satistics you gave. You said in
an earlier post that the Holoaust was "almost unforgivable" and I simply asked
why. It sure seems you are defending Nazi behaviour. So I ask again, what do
you mean by saying the Holocaust being "almost unforgivable?"

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old October 21st 03, 09:03 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Sierk Melzer" wrote:

While I do not support Mr. Arndt's theories in any way, I have to mention
that since April/May 2003 this 'third rate economy' is the world's biggest
exporter again, pulling ahead of the US for the first time since 11 years.

That's pretty good, since the per capita income there is so much lower
than what the average American makes - about $27,000 versus about
$38,000.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 22nd 03, 04:01 AM
Declan O'Reilly

robert arndt wrote:

It would do everyone well to heed his warning. But people like you
still think the US will remain the sole superpower forever. What utter
stupidity. Unity is what is making China stronger. And European unity
will make them stronger. Our nation OTOH is increasingly divided.
Think about that. And don't start with how powerful we are since we
are losing ground in Afghanistan and Iraq, haven't caught Osama nor
Saddam, and haven't become any more secure with Homeland Security. We
are just as vunerable to attack today as the day after 9/11.

Rob

I am kind of curious , since you mention a third party quote regarding
germans, and that we should heed it. If to use an old internet deus a
machina , and that some charismatic type comes onto the german political
scene and captures imaginations , does the german population in your
opinion , think that this time they could win ?

Or does this have to be some pan european thing ?

Declan O'Reilly

Old October 22nd 03, 04:31 PM
Denyav

are losing ground in Afghanistan and Iraq, haven't caught Osama nor
Saddam, and haven't become any more secure with Homeland Security. We

Do we want to catch OBL or Saddam really at the first place?
Old October 29th 03, 04:20 PM
Ed Majden

"Kevin Brooks
stories are correct China plans on building their own space station and
perhaps sending a man to the Moon. The USA program to do this was a
propaganda stunt at the time. Beat the Soviets at all costs. There

were of
course scientific spin-offs but if science was the primary goal, why did
they only send one planetary geologist to the Moon?

Because the geology could better be done here on earth? Hard to do the
old "taste test" (trust me, such a critter does exist in the field of
"seat of the pants" geotech engineering) in the vacuum of space .

According to the following web page Bush and NASA are considering going
back to the Moon. I wonder why???? Another space race in progress perhaps!
The Moon of course belongs to the USA, they planted a flag and played golf!
;-)
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/beyondleo-03a.html
Ed

Old October 29th 03, 05:58 PM
Bill Silvey

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

According to the following web page Bush and NASA are considering
going back to the Moon. I wonder why???? Another space race in
progress perhaps! The Moon of course belongs to the USA, they planted
a flag and played golf! ;-)
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/beyondleo-03a.html
Ed

It's still "iffy". We need to open a McDonalds and a 7-11 and *then* it'll
officially be ours.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old October 30th 03, 05:41 AM
Gernot Hassenpflug

"Bill Silvey" writes:

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

According to the following web page Bush and NASA are considering
going back to the Moon. I wonder why???? Another space race in
progress perhaps! The Moon of course belongs to the USA, they planted
a flag and played golf! ;-)
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/beyondleo-03a.html
Ed

It's still "iffy". We need to open a McDonalds and a 7-11 and *then* it'll
officially be ours.

Beware the Japanese `ji(do)hanbaiki', a fiendish device full of
drinks, junkfood, cigarettes, newspapers and porno-videos and without
the need for humans to man it :-)

--
G Hassenpflug * IJN & JMSDF equipment/history fan
Old October 30th 03, 05:46 AM
Ditch

It's still "iffy". We need to open a McDonalds and a 7-11 and *then* it'll
officially be ours.

How about a Starbucks?

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*
Old October 30th 03, 03:24 PM
Deep Avali

It's still "iffy". We need to open a McDonalds and a 7-11 and *then* it'll
officially be ours.

Beware the Japanese `ji(do)hanbaiki', a fiendish device full of
drinks, junkfood, cigarettes, newspapers and porno-videos and without
the need for humans to man it :-)

You do know, of course, that 7-11 is a Japanese corporation these
days? The Japanese subsidiary raised enough cash, and bought out the
parent company.

And for all the Japanese vending machines I've ever seen, I haven't
seen one that dispenses junk food yet. Ice cream, yes, but no candy
bars, chips, etc. Strange. Seen the porno ones, though...my advice
is to skip 'em, it's all censored...and avoid the condom machines,
too, they're too small for us Westerners...

FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 October 11th 04 08:24 AM
Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 19th 04 05:19 AM
Strategic Command Missions Rely on Space Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 30th 03 09:59 PM
FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition out-of-print Book Jim Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 September 3rd 03 11:49 AM