updated SUA files

Old December 16th 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default updated SUA files

The new Seattle Sectional came out today and I as I understand it (not
seen one yet) the Class B area around Sea-Tac is now different.

Does anyone know who or how the .sua files are created, and when/if we
may see updates. I am guessing that there may be other changes across
the country as well.

thanks,
Brad
Old December 16th 11, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Hi Brad,

See my posting of just a minute or two ago entitled "US Airspace and
Airport Data update". I have for several years now posted new updates
via my website at http://www.soaringdata.info and on the Worldwide
Soaring Turnpoint Exchange in lockstep with every 56-day FAA charting
cycle. These data are free, and are freely redistributable.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old December 16th 11, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc

On Dec 16, 12:40*pm, 2KA wrote:
Hi Brad,

See my posting of just a minute or two ago entitled "US Airspace and
Airport Data update". *I have for several years now posted new updates
via my website athttp://www.soaringdata.infoand on the Worldwide
Soaring Turnpoint Exchange in lockstep with every 56-day FAA charting
cycle. *These data are free, and are freely redistributable.

Sadly, "free, and are freely redistributable" is apparently going away
as of April. The figure I'm hearing is $150 per end user per year,
with quite restrictive licensing. Of course, Jeppesen and the other
big guys will be getting flat fee deals, so their profits will remain
intact. Enjoy it while you can...

Marc
Old December 16th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Dec 16, 12:40*pm, 2KA wrote:
Hi Brad,

See my posting of just a minute or two ago entitled "US Airspace and
Airport Data update". *I have for several years now posted new updates
via my website athttp://www.soaringdata.infoand on the Worldwide
Soaring Turnpoint Exchange in lockstep with every 56-day FAA charting
cycle. *These data are free, and are freely redistributable.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

Hi Lynn,

Link not working!?

Brad
Old December 16th 11, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc

On Dec 16, 1:10*pm, Marc wrote:
On Dec 16, 12:40*pm, 2KA wrote:

Hi Brad,

See my posting of just a minute or two ago entitled "US Airspace and
Airport Data update". *I have for several years now posted new updates
via my website athttp://www.soaringdata.infoandon the Worldwide
Soaring Turnpoint Exchange in lockstep with every 56-day FAA charting
cycle. *These data are free, and are freely redistributable.

Sadly, "free, and are freely redistributable" is apparently going away
as of April. *The figure I'm hearing is $150 per end user per year,
with quite restrictive licensing. *Of course, Jeppesen and the other
big guys will be getting flat fee deals, so their profits will remain
intact. *Enjoy it while you can...

Lynn sent me a correction, it's the FAA Aeronav chart data that is
being licensed, not (yet, anyway) the SUA/airport data which comes
from a different department within the FAA. Thanks to Lynn for
making this data readily available to us!

Marc

Old December 16th 11, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Oops. I typoed and omitted a space after the link. Actually this
isn't the first time I have done this. Maybe I have a
stickyspacebar. Anyway, the correct link is:

http://www.soaringdata.info

Lynn

Page Updated Maple1 Aviation Photos 3 August 20th 08 05:55 PM
Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC danlj Soaring 2 August 5th 07 02:45 PM
P-3 website updated Marco P.J. Borst Naval Aviation 0 February 18th 07 04:28 PM
War pages updated Chief Inspector Dreyfus Military Aviation 1 January 25th 04 08:07 PM
PEZ updated John Shelton Soaring 2 December 24th 03 08:51 PM