Become a TSA funeral home partner

Old November 23rd 04, 02:59 AM
Judah

Charlie wrote in
:

GA stands no chance really.

Imagine your comments if the TSA prevented a grieving widow and her
child from boarding a plane because they couldnt see through the urn...

some of you people are never happy...

Thanks TSA for trying to accomdate situations while working to keep us
safe.

Yeah! Thank God the TSA will not permit ashes on a plane! The terrorists
might be smuggling tweezers in there!
Old November 23rd 04, 03:00 AM
Jim Burns

What I can't stand is that they are concentrating on the "method", almost
like killing the messenger. Terrorists are not unable or unwilling to
change their methods, in fact, we should expect that they will. If we
continue to concentrate our energies on the last method used, restrict our
freedoms pertaining to that "method", the terrorists laugh in our face and
we will always be unprepared for the next method. But do we try to protect
everybody from everything? I hope not.

Jim

"Chris" wrote in message

What other businesses that depend on commercial airlines will be asked

become TSA partners because somebody dreams up something that could be
possible?

Will the bus drivers, truck drivers, boaters, longshoremen, railworkers,
subway operators, and cabbies be forced to jump through invisible hoops
like
CFI's have had to just because something may be possible? The

"training"
required by the TSA for CFI's was comical at best. From what I have

seen
so
far, we can expect more of the same.

Jim

I agree with you Jim. The next initiative will be for cab drivers to have

fingerprint all their alien passengers before they can be carried.

Bus journey time times will increase as the drivers check the resident
status of passengers at each bus stop. Passengers will have to complete a
destination card saying where they are going when they get off the bus.
Passports will be needed to travel on a bus.

Old ladies will be hoiked out of the lines for full body examinations so

as
there can be no accusations of racial profiling.

It will get worse

---

Old November 23rd 04, 12:54 PM
Ash Wyllie

Judah opined

Charlie wrote in
:

GA stands no chance really.

Imagine your comments if the TSA prevented a grieving widow and her
child from boarding a plane because they couldnt see through the urn...

some of you people are never happy...

Thanks TSA for trying to accomdate situations while working to keep us
safe.

Yeah! Thank God the TSA will not permit ashes on a plane! The terrorists
might be smuggling tweezers in there!

Or a kilo of explosives.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?

Old November 23rd 04, 03:59 PM
OtisWinslow

A friend of mine had his dad in a cardboard box in his closet
for a long time. Why does it matter? Just poor the damn ashes
into the permanent urn. If you spill some the vacuum cleaner
will get them anyway.

"Chris" wrote in message
wet myself laughing at this one. I wonder whether they give air miles too.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1698.xml

GA stands no chance really.

Old November 23rd 04, 07:05 PM
Robert Briggs

Jim Burns wrote:

There are many great things about this country. Our citizens have
more rights and freedoms than those of many other countries. Our
fathers, mothers, sons and daughters fight and die for us to keep
those freedoms. Unfortunately our ability to excercise those rights
and freedoms is sometimes inhibited by government agencies created
out of fear or as a desperate attempt of government to show "action".

I'd say that is also true of *this* country:

Crime fight tops Labour's agenda

Tony Blair has put the fight against crime and terror at the
heart of his government's programme in the run up to the
next general election.

Home Office Bills - including national ID cards and moves to
combat terrorism, drugs and anti-social behaviour -
dominated Tuesday's Queen's Speech.

Tory leader Michael Howard said Labour was preoccupied with
talk and spin.

The Liberal Democrats accused ministers of creating a "climate
of fear," to gain advantage at the ballot box.

Mr Blair told MPs that although security and crime were central
to this year's Queen's Speech, they should be taken alongside
on-going investment in public services and continuing economic
stability.

:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk_politics/4034543.stm
Old November 23rd 04, 09:11 PM
Morgans

"OtisWinslow" wrote in message
A friend of mine had his dad in a cardboard box in his closet
for a long time. Why does it matter? Just poor the damn ashes
into the permanent urn. If you spill some the vacuum cleaner
will get them anyway.

If you feel that way, go for it. Some people have difficulty dealing with
human remains in this casual manner.

Thus the need for the TSA funeral home service.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 23rd 04, 11:31 PM
Blueskies

I think we airline passengers should all become TSA Airline Partners. This way we could become certified so we would not
have to subject ourselves to a search by our peers and would therefore not add costs to the transportation
infrastructure - we could self search ourselves and then allow our selves to board the plane.

Old November 24th 04, 12:36 AM
Casey Wilson

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...
I think we airline passengers should all become TSA Airline Partners. This
way we could become certified so we would not have to subject ourselves to
a search by our peers and would therefore not add costs to the
transportation infrastructure - we could self search ourselves and then
allow our selves to board the plane.

Where do I sign up? This is the best idea yet.

Old November 24th 04, 12:52 AM
Jose

I think we airline passengers should all become TSA Airline Partners. This
way we could become certified so we would not have to subject ourselves to
a search by our peers and would therefore not add costs to the
transportation infrastructure - we could self search ourselves and then
allow our selves to board the plane.

Where do I sign up? This is the best idea yet.

I believe it's already being implemented as a limited test (although I may be thinking about expedited customs). It's something like you need to
submit to a background check, fingerprints or retina scans, stuff like that. Then you get a card and can bypass some of the security (but not all).

Would you like to give Bush your retina scan? I'll pass - I'd rather be groped by a llama.

Jose
--
Freedom. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Old November 30th 04, 03:54 PM
lance smith

"Chris" wrote in message ...
wet myself laughing at this one. I wonder whether they give air miles too.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1698.xml

GA stands no chance really.

Wow, maybe there is hope for GA yet. All we have to do is get the TSA
to make a mess, not apologize, and then we sue their pants off.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6613644/
My condolences to the bereaved.

-lance smith