Faux Fighters from the local 94th Aero Squadron Franchise [1/7] - 323691 bytes Faux 109-1.jpg (0/1)

Old June 2nd 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
PLMerite

Default Faux Fighters from the local 94th Aero Squadron Franchise [1/7] - 323691 bytes Faux 109-1.jpg (0/1)

Next to College Park Airport, Maryland.
Old June 2nd 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell Underwood

"PLMerite" wrote in message

Next to College Park Airport, Maryland.

Looks like I'll have to make a stop next time I travel up that way. Never
knew that they were there. Hopefully, someone will trim that shrub near the
P47 soon.

Regards,

Russell Underwood

Old June 2nd 07, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Did you have a chance to visit the museum nearby?

Andrew

Old June 3rd 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
PLMerite

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote in
message ...
Did you have a chance to visit the museum nearby?

It's one of those situations where I live right in the area but don't ever
get around to seeing the local sights.

Andrew

Old June 3rd 07, 05:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

I live in Northern Virginia and occasionally fly and shoot for the PG
police... As a matter of fact I will probably be over there on either or
Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. We should try and link up sometime...

Do you shoot?

Andrew

Old June 5th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Hayden

What exactly are these "faux fighters"?

Are they replicas, made from fiberglass or such?

Were they made especially for the 94th A. S. business, or for some other
purpose? Maybe for the movies? Seems like they would've been pretty
expensive to make just to sit outside some restaurants.

Tom

Old June 6th 07, 02:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
PLMerite

"Tom Hayden" geezer1two3atcomcast.net wrote in message
. ..
What exactly are these "faux fighters"?

Are they replicas, made from fiberglass or such?

Were they made especially for the 94th A. S. business, or for some other
purpose? Maybe for the movies? Seems like they would've been pretty
expensive to make just to sit outside some restaurants.

Well, I didn't actually go up and thump any of them to see, but my guess is
some combinaiton of metal and fiberglass. The screw heads along the panel
joins look pretty real. There seem to be quite a few 94th Aero Sqdn
franchises around the country and judging from the photos at least some of
them have the same artwork parked outside. I have no idea how expensive it
is compared to any other kind of decor.

Regards, PLMerite

Tom

Old June 7th 07, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mark M

I have been next to the P-51D replica outside the Columbus, OH restaurant.
It was made mainly of fiberglass.

Mark M

Old June 7th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Hayden

I drove up to the Columbus restaurant last month, but didn't get out. From
the street I thought those planes were real, but I couldn't figure out why
anyone would consign good parts to restaurant duty. I didn't even realize
there was more than one 94th Aero Sq. restaurant.

I wonder where they came from? Anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks, Mark.

Tom

Old June 8th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Tom Hayden" geezer1two3atcomcast.net wrote:

I drove up to the Columbus restaurant last month, but didn't get out. From
the street I thought those planes were real, but I couldn't figure out why
anyone would consign good parts to restaurant duty. I didn't even realize
there was more than one 94th Aero Sq. restaurant.

I wonder where they came from? Anyone out there have any ideas?

I never noticed it all the times I have driven by.
The last real airplanes I remember parked there were 25 years ago.
They were on the airside. One day a crew came in and began working on
the B-25. A few days later, it flew out.
I had to look at Google Earth to see the P-51 replica parked on the
public side of the the restaurant.