Role reversal...

Old January 15th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Role reversal...

Just wondering... Is it just me or has anyone else thought that some
of the thugs in here are actually wimps in real life and the wimps in
here are the first to punch someone's lights out in real life? I'm
thinking that since people prone to violence actually are nicer in here
because they have time to think about it before responding where as in
real life, they'd just react. The naggers, the big mouths and the
bitchers (thugs) in here are that way because they have the safety of
distance.

What are your thoughts?

The Monk

Old January 15th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I totally agree. You hit the nail on the head.

Take Dudley Henriques for example. He is a little (probably in more
ways than one) hothead in the newsgroups. Yet when I called him to the
table, he withdrew.

It has been my general experience that the hotheads are insecure, and
the calm ones are very secure. Reason being? Simple -- the insecure are
hotheads because they think it proves their machoness or something. The
calm ones have nothing to prove.

Thanks for bringing this to the surface. Good post!

Lynne

Old January 15th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just wondering... Is it just me or has anyone else thought that some
of the thugs in here are actually wimps in real life and the wimps in
here are the first to punch someone's lights out in real life?

Perhaps, but there are some of us who are just as much of a sociopath in
real life as we are on USENET, so one might be safer not to make such
assumptions... evil-grin

Old January 15th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:

I'm
thinking that since people prone to violence actually are nicer in here
because they have time to think about it before responding where as in
real life, they'd just react.

I cannot speak to that. I do know that some people do seem to reply w/o
thinking on USENET and mailing lists, so I'm not so sure that we can assume
people are always taking time to think.

However, I can related my experience having grown up raising dogs. In
general, small dogs are loud. Large dogs tend to be quiet. I've plenty of
examples where small dogs would "bully" larger dogs with their barking
while the larger dogs would "submit".

To a point. Once that point was passed, the large dog would take a quick
nip and the small dog's bullying would end. But only for a while. Then
the cycle would repeat itself.

I've seen exceptions to this too, so it's only a vague generalization.

Another possible guide is that swords rattle only in poorly fitting sheaths,
and never when drawn.

- Andrew

Old January 15th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:

Just wondering... Is it just me or has anyone else thought that some
of the thugs in here are actually wimps in real life and the wimps in
here are the first to punch someone's lights out in real life? I'm
thinking that since people prone to violence actually are nicer in here
because they have time to think about it before responding where as in
real life, they'd just react. The naggers, the big mouths and the
bitchers (thugs) in here are that way because they have the safety of
distance.

What are your thoughts?

I think you are thinking too much. :-)

Matt
Old January 15th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Take Dudley Henriques for example. He is a little (probably in more
ways than one) hothead in the newsgroups. Yet when I called him to the
table, he withdrew.

I've spoken with Dudley on the phone, and he is a perfect gentlemen.

It's been my experience that the written word often comes across far more
harshly than the writer intended.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 16th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Lynne" wrote in message
oups.com...
I totally agree. You hit the nail on the head.

Take Dudley Henriques for example. He is a little (probably in more
ways than one) hothead in the newsgroups. Yet when I called him to the
table, he withdrew.

Oh, you did, huh? How about you give Jay H, or any other regular here the
name and address and phone number of the lawyer, that you put the money down
in escrow with, when you "called him to the table."

We all know you won't. Prove us wrong.

You are such a fake. I just want to put that information out around here,
so no newbies think you are for real.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 16th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

What's the story between Lynne -N- Dudley? I must have missed this.

The Monk

Old January 16th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't count on it.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 16th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...] The naggers, the big mouths and the
bitchers (thugs) in here are that way because they have the safety of
distance.

What are your thoughts?

Yup, you're right. Every single one of the many outspoken individuals found
here in this newsgroup is a shrinking violet in real life.

Your insight is amazing!