Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________-+__ ihuvpe

Old November 9th 04, 05:10 PM
Rufio

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
In article , Rich says...

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message

Thank you very much,we'll remember that when you come begging to us to

save
your worthless asses one more time.

I believe the French came to our aid first during the American

Revolution.

Rich

Yes they did and I'm greatful for that .But sadly since then their

attitude has
changed.

See ya

Chuck s

Since then, the French (founder member of NATO) have fought in

WW I
France - 1.3 million troops dead (16% of all it's troops) + 40 thousand
civilians (also see http://www.war1418.com/battleverdun/index.htm)
US 126 thousand troops dead (3% of all it's troops)
Russia 1.7 million troops dead (14% of all it's troops) + 3 million
civilians dead.

WW II (Including fighting the Japanese in Indochina)
France 210 thousand troops dead & 350 thousand civilians dead.
US 292 thousand troops dead & 6 thousand civilians dead
USSR 8.7 million troops dead & 17 million civilians dead.

France has also fought in, kept the peace in, or evacuated civilians from -

Gulf War I
Afghanistan
Bosnia
Kosovo
Chad
Haiti
Sudan
Ivory Coast
Liberia
Rwanda
East Timor
(DR) Congo
Zaire
Franco-Austrian war
Franco-Prussian war
25 years of various battles in Syria.
Numerous battles in Indochina/SE Asia

Off the top of my head, the only war that I can think of, that France hasn't
been involved in, is the current cluster-fk in Iraq.

The USA has lost about 800,000-900,000 troops (combat & non-combat) in it's
entire history. France los about that many in just 5 months of 1916. France
has paid it's price, fighting for freedom.

P.S. I'm not French.

Old November 9th 04, 09:56 PM
ahlbebuck

Hello, Richard!
You wrote on Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:54:10 -0800:

RR A small addenda. Those decisions don't mean I'm compromising my
RR standards, either. French wine can be good, but I generally find
RR California wine better, and a lot less expensive. Austrailian wine is
RR certainly as good as French and getting better every year. With
RR dinner last night I had a wonderful Falerno from Italy. They've been
RR making it for 3000 years, they have it down.

RR A good American micro-brew is world class, and there's nothing from
RR Germany that can compare to a Black and Tan.

cant agree with you there. we have all the latest euro models here in south
africa and there's no problem with reliability!

I guess it has everything to do with assembly and not much with design!

Although we have few american cars here, i am positive that there is NO
american car that comes even close to german engineering!

With best regards, ahlbebuck. E-mail:

Old November 9th 04, 10:21 PM
Judah

Are you sure it's THEIR attitude that changed?

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in
:

In article , Rich
says...

Old November 10th 04, 12:39 AM
Morgans

"Tex Houston" wrote in message

Changing to OT. I can't imagine what any of this has to do with
rec.aviation balloon .Tex

This whole thread, a long one at that, has been OT. Why some seem intent in
cross posting to a dozen groups, is beyond me. Sometimes I catch it,
sometimes I don't.

Suck it up. Filter if you must, or ignore it. Life is too short to spend
it bitchin'. It took a while for me to "get it", but now I manage.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 10th 04, 01:22 AM
ahlbebuck

Hello, Morgans!
You wrote on Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:02:39 -0500:

?? Although we have few american cars here, i am positive that there is
?? NO american car that comes even close to german engineering! With best
?? regards, ahlbebuck. E-mail:
M So you admit you have few American cars to compare them with, either in
M reliability, or engineering superiority. Yet you still make the claim.
M Sounds unsubstantiated to me.

M I have yet to find a foreign car that is designed to be more easy to
M work on than a GM, in ordinary maintenance, or major repairs. (after
M many miles and years of use) I will not comment on the other American
M brands, because unlike you, I will not comment on a subject I am not
M familiar with.

M These ratings that were talked about in the previous post, are not
M pulled out of the clear air. There is a reason for their inclusion in
M the list. --
M Jim in NC

M ---
M Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
M Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).
M Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004

OK apples with apples : BMW X5 / MB ML - absolute quality
Jeep Cherokee - not even close

BMW Z3/4 / MB SLK absolute quality
Chrysler crossfire - rubbish, not even the SLK engine can save the design

BMW 1 series / VW Jetta/Golf - quality
Chrysler Neon - rubbish

I drive a new diesel BMW 3 series - what a pleasure!
I also have a Cobra with a Corvette motor / box - even more fun!
You're right - the chevy is a pleasure to work on - regularly - the Beemer
never needs fixing, so i cannot comment!

With best regards, ahlbebuck. E-mail:

Old November 10th 04, 01:45 AM
Tex Houston

"ahlbebuck" wrote in message

OK apples with apples : BMW X5 / MB ML - absolute quality
Jeep Cherokee - not even close

BMW Z3/4 / MB SLK absolute quality
Chrysler crossfire - rubbish, not even the SLK engine can save the design

BMW 1 series / VW Jetta/Golf - quality
Chrysler Neon - rubbish

I drive a new diesel BMW 3 series - what a pleasure!
I also have a Cobra with a Corvette motor / box - even more fun!
You're right - the chevy is a pleasure to work on - regularly - the Beemer
never needs fixing, so i cannot comment!

My Chrysler was made in Mexico, my neighbor's Chrysler was made in Canada.
The two Hondas across the street were made in Ohio. The BMW X5 which you
say is absolute quality was made in Spartanburg SC.

Just what is an American car?

Tex

Old November 10th 04, 04:58 AM
Jim Carriere

Morgans wrote:
I have yet to find a foreign car that is designed to be more easy to work on
than a GM, in ordinary maintenance, or major repairs. (after many miles and
years of use) I will not comment on the other American brands, because
unlike you, I will not comment on a subject I am not familiar with.

You must be forgetting about the front wheel drive GM V6 cars where
you have to remove an engine mount and partially lift up the engine
to change spark plugs. This ordinary maintenance is extraordinary!

Not to completely contradict you. I drive a Euro-snob car, and after
my own experience and reviewing those of owners of similar models, it
seems that Robert Bosch forgot how to build reliable electrical
components for a few years in the late 1990s.

I certainly don't know anything, but I feel safe stating that every
car company has come out with some pretty terrible stuff over the years.

Now what did this have to do with aviation? Choose wisely your ride
to the airport

Old November 10th 04, 05:21 AM
Morgans

"Jim Carriere" wrote in message
Morgans wrote:
I have yet to find a foreign car that is designed to be more easy to

work on
than a GM, in ordinary maintenance, or major repairs. (after many miles

and
years of use) I will not comment on the other American brands, because
unlike you, I will not comment on a subject I am not familiar with.

You must be forgetting about the front wheel drive GM V6 cars where
you have to remove an engine mount and partially lift up the engine
to change spark plugs. This ordinary maintenance is extraordinary!

Agreed. That was never intended as a V-6, then someone got the idea that
they could fit a V-6 in with a shoehorn. I had the 4 cylinder, manual
tranny of that line, 1st model year of the first GM front wheel drive, and
it was the most trouble free vehicle I ever owned. I beat it, and couldn't
kill it. If they offered the exact same car, new, today, I would buy one in
a heartbeat.

Not to completely contradict you. I drive a Euro-snob car, and after
my own experience and reviewing those of owners of similar models, it
seems that Robert Bosch forgot how to build reliable electrical
components for a few years in the late 1990s.

I certainly don't know anything, but I feel safe stating that every
car company has come out with some pretty terrible stuff over the years.

Agreed on that one, too.

Now what did this have to do with aviation? Choose wisely your ride
to the airport

True, nothing on topic, but I can not help commenting, when someone starts
American car bashing. The auto industry helps drive our economy. 1 in 10
jobs auto related, as I recall seeing. We would do well, as a country, to
support our own auto industry.
--
Jim in NC

---