The Comanche Vs. The Hulk

Old July 13th 03, 09:55 PM
Tim

Default The Comanche Vs. The Hulk

They were computer generated. Some of the differences in the movie was that
they added endplates to the horizontal stabilizer on the tail and there was
no cant in the vertical fin.
I am sure that they had to make the differences so it would not be and exact
replica for security reasons. But none the less, the graphics were
excellent and realistic as for what the comanche is supposed to be able to
do.

"Neil Fraser" wrote in message
If that is an example of the crashworthiness then they should be very

pilot
freindly.

Neil

"Micbloo" wrote in message
Since there's
only one flying Comanche, S/N 95-0001, (DEM/VAL prototype #1, S/N

94-0327
has been retired, and is about to become a maintenance training device)

as
you say they're obviously computer generated.

Thanks.

Look forward to seeing the
film.......

I thought it was a lot of fun and enjoyed it.

On another PR front, the Discovery Channel show on custom choppers

built a
Comanche chopper.

THat sounds cool. I'll have to keep a heads up on that one.

Gerard

Old July 15th 03, 07:05 PM
Rickenbacker

terra wrote in -
berlin.de:

http://www.f-117a.com/images/FAQ/w61.jpg

Yes, but it looks much cooler than the real F-117 .
Old July 17th 03, 07:50 PM
Shaber CJ

I remember the Testors model. Everything about it was wrong.
http://www.f-117a.com/images/FAQ/w61.jpg

Not really, have you seen photos of "Have Blue" the concept bird for the 117?
Old July 17th 03, 08:38 PM
terra

Shaber CJ wrote:

I remember the Testors model. Everything about it was wrong.
http://www.f-117a.com/images/FAQ/w61.jpg

Not really, have you seen photos of "Have Blue" the concept bird for the 117?

You're right! The fins are canted inward just like the Testors model. HaveBlue
has the 117's origami shape, but without the little "beak" on the nose. The
model looks just like a single-engine SR-71 to me.

Old July 19th 03, 05:41 PM
Dan & Jan Hollenbaugh

The horizontal stabilizer endplates are accurate. They were added about a
year ago.

Dan Hollenbaugh