OSH '05 Comments

Old August 3rd 05, 03:36 PM
George Patterson

Tom McQuinn wrote:

I am very interested in any brands of tent that
anyone could recommend.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?U5A232C8B

George Patterson
Old August 3rd 05, 03:48 PM
Matt Barrow

Old August 3rd 05, 04:18 PM
George Patterson

Matt Barrow wrote:

He said he wanted a tent, not a hangar. :~)

8' x 8' isn't a hangar. That's only a little larger than the Spaulding dome tent
I use.

George Patterson
Old August 3rd 05, 04:45 PM
John T

Actually, Blackjack is about the only game where a player can have the
advantage. Catch is, they need to know basic stragety and counting.
The advantage is pretty small though.

John

Old August 3rd 05, 04:48 PM
john smith

George Patterson wrote:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U5A232C8B

George, that's not a tent!
That's a portable mansion!
Old August 3rd 05, 04:49 PM
George Patterson

john smith wrote:

George, that's not a tent!
That's a portable mansion!

Check the smallest size.

George Patterson
Old August 3rd 05, 04:59 PM
Montblack

("Rich S." wrote)
[snip]
(No, I didn't rent a scooter, but I had to lean on trash cans every 50
yards).

Not DDD, thank goodness, but right leg issues - which then morph into foot
and back issues.

1 Vicodin ....about 10am. Another around 3pm if I was 'walking' around
during the airshow.

State Fair, Oshkosh, (big) tractor show, and anything that puts me on the
ramp at my airport (volunteering) 10 hours a day x three days. All get 1
Vicodin in the late morning.

Other than that, I can quit whenever I want. :-)

Montblack
"Without chemicals, life itself would be impossible"

Old August 3rd 05, 05:08 PM
Montblack

("George Patterson" wrote)
He said he wanted a tent, not a hangar. :~)

8' x 8' isn't a hangar. That's only a little larger than the Spaulding
dome tent I use.

All this tent talk. For me, it was all about the air mattress this year.
Mine is almost 20" high.

Montblack

Old August 3rd 05, 05:37 PM
Tom McQuinn

Actually, I appreciate any and all information I can gather on this.

And even though I didn't know about seam sealer and don't doubt that it
should be used, none of my soakings were from leaking seams. My
problems have always been mechanical - rain flys that seem like an
afterthought and don't keep out blowing rain (or collapse in the wind).

Tom

Old August 3rd 05, 06:16 PM
Ed Sullivan

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:46:58 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

RDR wrote:
Is this the summer of the dicount tent?

Ugh.

Puts me in mind of the book title:
The pain was in the wigwam or the suffering was intense.