14 y/o Female Solo Yesterday

Old February 28th 05, 07:26 PM
Brian Iten

Default 14 y/o Female Solo Yesterday

Thought I would put a not on the site to say congratulations
to Christa Keizer for making her first solo flight
yesterday in an AS-K21 out at Caracole Soaring in California
City. There were several friends along with her proud
father, Alan, attending. She made a 30 minute flight
and a perfect two point landing.
We are all very proud of her in this accomplishment.
Hopefully she will continue her flying and get her
private ticket.
Brian Iten

Old February 28th 05, 07:58 PM
Pranus

I'm all in favor of congratulating new pilots. Especially those who
solo at a young age.

But publishing the name of a minor and where they hang out on the
internet is not a good idea. Would you want the name of your child on
the internet? A few years ago someone posted the name, address,
telephone number, wifes name and childs name, of the person hosting an
awards banquet here on usenet. This is an open forum that can be read
by anyone not just sailplane pilots.

I would encourage you to edit your posting, deleting the last name as a
minimum, and repost it (Google used to have this feature). They'll
still know who you're talking about.

Congrats to the new pilot!

to C**** K***** for making her first solo flight
yesterday in an AS-K21 out at Caracole Soaring in California
City. There were several friends along with her proud
father, A***, attending. She made a 30 minute flight
and a perfect two point landing.
We are all very proud of her in this accomplishment.
Hopefully she will continue her flying and get her
private ticket.
B* I*

Old March 1st 05, 12:37 AM
bumper

"Pranus" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm all in favor of congratulating new pilots. Especially those who
solo at a young age.

I would have not problem posting the name and soaring location of my
granddaughter upon her solo. I'd be so proud I'd want the world to know.
Unfortunately all I have is a bunch of grandsons (g).

I think we may be getting a bit too cautious here. Her home address and
phone number were not posted. If some sickie wants to go after a young girl,
I think it likely he won't start on ras.

bumper (ex cop)

Old March 1st 05, 02:15 AM
Andreas Maurer

On 28 Feb 2005 11:58:15 -0800, "Pranus" wrote:

But publishing the name of a minor and where they hang out on the
internet is not a good idea.

Simple question: What are you afraid of?

Bye
Andreas
Old March 1st 05, 07:25 AM
Ian Johnston

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:58:15 UTC, "Pranus"
wrote:

: But publishing the name of a minor and where they hang out on the
: internet is not a good idea. Would you want the name of your child on
: the internet?

Why not? Suppose I make up a name: "Miranda Wilson", say, or
"Frederick Kuiper". Are all the parents of real Miranda Wilsons and
real Frederick Kuipers suddenly going to feel unsafe? Are there evil
people at this very moment naming wax dolls Miranda Wilson or
Frederick Kuiper prior to sticking pins in 'em?

Ian

Old March 1st 05, 11:15 AM
Vaughn

"bumper" wrote in message ...

I think we may be getting a bit too cautious here. Her home address and phone
number were not posted.

For that matter, our theoretical sicko could pick up most any SOARING
magazine in the library and get not only names, but actual pictures of real
kids! It is still normal to show pictures and name names of minor children in
the mass meda. I would not worry about an obscure, knerdy, newsgroup like ras.

If some sickie wants to go after a young girl, I think it likely he won't
start on ras.

I agree. This is a place where (for the most part) real people use their
real names. With no problems that I have ever heard of.

Vaughn

bumper (ex cop)

Old March 1st 05, 11:25 AM
Vaughn

Congratulations to that young pilot. Does she realize what a select group
she is in? I can only guess at the statistics, but it is probably somewhere
between 1 in 100,000 and 1 in a million 14 year-olds who have actually soloed an
aircraft.

Someday I might be riding in the back of a big Boeing and she might be
occupying the left seat way up in the nose. If so, I would rest a little easier
knowing that she learned early and learned well.

Vaughn

Old March 1st 05, 06:25 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"Vaughn" wrote in message
news
Congratulations to that young pilot. Does she realize what a select

group
she is in? I can only guess at the statistics, but it is probably

somewhere
between 1 in 100,000 and 1 in a million 14 year-olds who have actually

soloed an
aircraft.

Someday I might be riding in the back of a big Boeing and she might be
occupying the left seat way up in the nose. If so, I would rest a little

easier
knowing that she learned early and learned well.

Vaughn

This will be our homepage for the next few days.

http://www.soarcsa.org

Another 14 year old pilot.

Old March 1st 05, 08:46 PM
Pranus

Bumper,
There are really two issues here.

First, I think it is impolite to publish anyone's information in a
public forum without their permission. The original poster may have
had that permission but I doubt it.

Second, You're wrong when you say that person's home address wasn't
listed. Without out right telling you how you could get it let me say
that in this forum a first and last name coupled with metropolitan area
is as good as an address.

Obviously most of the group here feels differently and that's fine.
Reasonable people can and do disagree.

Fly safe

bumper wrote:
"Pranus" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm all in favor of congratulating new pilots. Especially those

who
solo at a young age.

I would have not problem posting the name and soaring location of my
granddaughter upon her solo. I'd be so proud I'd want the world to

know.
Unfortunately all I have is a bunch of grandsons (g).

I think we may be getting a bit too cautious here. Her home address

and
phone number were not posted. If some sickie wants to go after a

young girl,
I think it likely he won't start on ras.

bumper (ex cop)

Female pilot accident rates NoPoliticsHere Piloting 132 January 23rd 05 03:07 PM
1.4 solo.. Beav Rotorcraft 0 November 5th 04 12:27 AM
Catastrophic Decompression; Small Place Solo Aviation Piloting 193 January 13th 04 08:52 PM
Female pilot killed in action Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 January 6th 04 11:39 PM