See You 4 Streaming Maps

Old May 17th 11, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Default See You 4 Streaming Maps

With the streaming maps in CU 4, I understand that there is still some
map functionality when not connected to the internet, but I am looking
for some details about this.

At our airport, the internet access is somewhat limited and with
everyone streaming map downloads at the end of the flying day it will
be even slower and chew up expensive bandwidth.

Is it possible to disable the streaming even when connected to the
internet?

Is it possible to use the same maps as used in CU 3.X that are already
on my computer?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.
Old May 17th 11, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dave,

Once you have viewed a flight in your area, and all the applicable vector
map files for your area have been installed, when you open flights in the
same area in the future it shouldn't need to connect to the internet and
download maps (because they are already installed).

I suspect that you are worrying about a non-issue.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old May 17th 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Go to Tools | Options, and under "Map appearance" / "Vector maps",
look for the "Automatically download maps" option and make sure it is
not checked.
Old May 17th 11, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Smith[_3_]

At 04:06 17 May 2011, Tuno wrote:
Go to Tools | Options, and under "Map appearance" / "Vector maps",
look for the "Automatically download maps" option and make sure it is
not checked.

Turning off streaming maps in cu4 makes it cu3... thats is after all the
only difference of note.

Old May 18th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 5/16/2011 9:06 PM, Tuno wrote:
Go to Tools | Options, and under "Map appearance" / "Vector maps",
look for the "Automatically download maps" option and make sure it is
not checked.

Excellent! My problem is my Internet connection while traveling in the
motorhome is usually mobile broadband with a data limit. I don't want
SeeYou gobbling up the MB on mobile broadband, as I'll happily wait
until I'm at a wi-fi location. Of course, I'll try to get everything
downloaded before leaving on the trip.

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what
you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz

See ou 4 Streaming Maps Dave Springford Soaring 0 May 17th 11 03:15 AM
Streaming Videos: XB-70 Valkyrie, P-51 Aces, A-26 Invaders Attack,Rabaul & more Zeno[_1_] Naval Aviation 0 December 7th 09 06:41 PM
Old pics - new scans 3 - VC10 K2 from 101 Sqn RAF - streaming all 3 hoses Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 0 January 15th 08 09:48 PM
Live Streaming Event Shane Piloting 0 July 21st 04 11:14 PM
Tom Knauff Safety talk on streaming video? Stewart Kissel Soaring 1 February 18th 04 04:31 AM