Sabrina 0-200A engine from Sabrina Aircraft Manufacturing

Old February 10th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Sabrina 0-200A engine from Sabrina Aircraft Manufacturing

What do you get when you combine a Rolls Royce engine with parts from a TCM
and Superior engine? In one case, a Sabrina O-200A:

http://sabrina.aero/

Follow the link to the four YouTube videos for more of the story. Seems to
be an impressive accomplishment for a 14 year old.

My guess is that Sabrina Spacecraft Manufacturing will have interplanetary
spaceships available in a decade or two.
Old February 11th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Larry D. Cosby

Follow the link to the four YouTube videos for more of the story. Seems to
be an impressive accomplishment for a 14 year old.

I'd say so!! Make me think their may be a future for general aviation after
all.

My guess is that Sabrina Spacecraft Manufacturing will have interplanetary
spaceships available in a decade or two.

Hey Mr. Rutan, You have any summer co-op positions available?

GO GIRL!!!

Old February 11th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Larry D. Cosby" lcosby at knology dot net wrote:
Follow the link to the four YouTube videos for more of the story.
Seems to be an impressive accomplishment for a 14 year old.

I'd say so!! Make me think their may be a future for general aviation
after all.

My guess is that Sabrina Spacecraft Manufacturing will have
interplanetary spaceships available in a decade or two.

Hey Mr. Rutan, You have any summer co-op positions available?

GO GIRL!!!

Her website http://www.sabrina.aero/ has this hidden gem, visible only by
examining the page source:

"Sabrina Aircraft Manufacturing, a manufacturer of experimental aerospace
vehicles based in Chicago, Illinois. Models range from the 2006 E-LSA "Mark
1"; two-seat aeroplane (maiden flight January 15, 2008) to the 2008
Experimental single-seat space exploration vehicle with a projected maiden
flight of June 27, 2018."
Old February 11th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I do so miss the hubris I once possessed, and I *must* get it back!

Old February 11th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt, rec.aviation.piloting

Shure glad she is from Chicago area. It will knock out a little wind
out of Mayor Daily's mad campaign against GA. Now he is against
budding youth accomplishments.

Old February 11th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Anthony W

What do you get when you combine a Rolls Royce engine with parts from a TCM
and Superior engine? In one case, a Sabrina O-200A:

http://sabrina.aero/

It's too bad the website doesn't give more info on the building of the
engine.

Tony

Old February 11th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Anthony W wrote:
What do you get when you combine a Rolls Royce engine with parts from
a TCM
and Superior engine? In one case, a Sabrina O-200A:

http://sabrina.aero/

It's too bad the website doesn't give more info on the building of the
engine.

Tony

I'm impressed and all that this girl built this plane and I haven't
really followed this thread but how does she say it isn't a Zenith. Sure
she made a major modification to the panel but come on. And how in the
hell does she make this claim.

"As an aircraft manufacture, Sabrina's most exciting moment was, "When I
was allowed to remove the 'Built by an Amateur' FAA passenger Warning
Label."
Old February 11th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

[posted and mailed]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Anthony W wrote:
What do you get when you combine a Rolls Royce engine with parts from
a TCM
and Superior engine? In one case, a Sabrina O-200A:

http://sabrina.aero/

It's too bad the website doesn't give more info on the building of the
engine.

Tony

I'm impressed and all that this girl built this plane and I haven't
really followed this thread but how does she say it isn't a Zenith. Sure
she made a major modification to the panel but come on. And how in the
hell does she make this claim.

I believe the model name is within the bounds of the rules - I think I've
seen other homebuilders do the same with little or no design changes. As
you know, I believe she has to record herself as the manufacturer because
Zenith didn't build the plane.

"As an aircraft manufacture, Sabrina's most exciting moment was, "When I
was allowed to remove the 'Built by an Amateur' FAA passenger Warning
Label."

That last is a good question. I started this thread when I ran across a
posting from her on Matronic's Zenith list and followed the link she posted
to her web site. I believe you subscribe to that list (I don't anymore -
just read some of the postings now and then via the public access web page)
so you might consider politely asking her via direct e-mail. Looks like she
subscribed to the Matronics list within the last week and already is
moderately active.
Old February 11th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

On Feb 11, 2008 4:21 PM, Jim Logajan wrote:

I believe the model name is within the bounds of the rules - I think I've
seen other homebuilders do the same with little or no design changes. As
you know, I believe she has to record herself as the manufacturer because
Zenith didn't build the plane.

Yea but changing the model name and one of the comments on the very
limited website makes it sound like she wants you to think she
redesigned the plane. That said she did make one hell of a redesign on
the panel.

"As an aircraft manufacture, Sabrina's most exciting moment was,

"When I
was allowed to remove the 'Built by an Amateur' FAA passenger Warning
Label."

That last is a good question. I started this thread when I ran across a
posting from her on Matronic's Zenith list and followed the link she

posted
to her web site. I believe you subscribe to that list (I don't anymore -
just read some of the postings now and then via the public access web

page)
so you might consider politely asking her via direct e-mail. Looks

like she
subscribed to the Matronics list within the last week and already is
moderately active.

I did and it is under the (special that ended 1/31/08) E-LSA rules and
I can't find anything to counter that in the rules. As far as I'm
concerned it's a real bad idea from a liability standpoint. I told her
that in an e-mail right after I told her that I thought she was an
amazing young lady.