LXNAV PowerMouse - U.S. F.C.C. Approved

Old August 22nd 19, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default LXNAV PowerMouse - U.S. F.C.C. Approved

Hi,

The LXNAV PowerMouse has received U.S. F.C.C. approval for use in the USA!!!

Units will be available in September, 2019. Pre-Order Now!

- Much smaller than PowerFLARM Core
- Can Transmit on optional FLARM B port
- New PowerFLARM circuit board

Details: http://cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-PowerMouse

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Old August 23rd 19, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

LXNAV made an error when they told me yesterday that the PowerMouse can transmit on both the FLARM A and B ports. Today they told me that in the USA the PowerMouse will only transmit on the FLARM A port.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________________

Old August 23rd 19, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Paul
What is a Power Mouse?
Is it another system of Flarm like a core?
What is the difference/ advantage of a Mouse?
Nick

Old August 23rd 19, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Nick,

I explain all that he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-PowerMouse

To copy and paste from that site:

Differences Between the PowerMouse and the PowerFLARM Co
- The PowerMouse is much smaller than the PowerFLARM Core.
- The PowerMouse has the latest PowerFLARM hardware
- The PowerMouse IGC Enable is an extra cost option. It is included as standard with the PowerFLARM Core.
Note: The PowerMouse's optionalIGC Enable includes a logger altimeter calibration data sheet. The PowerFLARM Core does not, but I offer it as a $75 option.

You can also view my FLARM Comparison table he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/flarm.htm...ARM_Comparison

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old August 23rd 19, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Friday, August 23, 2019 at 5:29:44 AM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Paul
What is a Power Mouse?
Is it another system of Flarm like a core?
What is the difference/ advantage of a Mouse?
Nick

Nick,

The PowerMouse FCC also transmits and receives on the second optional RFB port. The PowerFlarm does not.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lxnav_flarm.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old August 23rd 19, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I wish it did, but it doesn't. As stated above I received an email from LXNAV today (August 23, 2019) correcting the previous incorrect information. The PowerMouse will not transmit on the B port, unfortunately.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old August 23rd 19, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Friday, August 23, 2019 at 12:45:03 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

Hey Paul - you might also give an update on how it handles ADS-R and TIS-B targets. I've heard various things about ADS-R. I got a definitive 'No' from Uros on the TIS-B question.

It's tricky to do because they're in Europe so testing for US-specific features is...challenging.

Andy Blackburn
Old August 24th 19, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Friday, August 23, 2019 at 2:28:39 PM UTC-7, Andy Blackburn wrote:
[...]

Andy,

You should see ADS-R on PowerFlarm and PowerMouse if you are near a rebroadcast station.

Automatic Dependent Surveillance ‐ Rebroadcast (ADS-R)

ADS-R is a client-based service that relays ADS-B information transmitted by an aircraft broadcasting on one link to aircraft equipped with ADS-B In on the other link. For example, the information for an aircraft equipped with a 1090MHz ADS-B Out system will be re-broadcasted to an aircraft equipped with ADS-B In on the UAT (i.e. 978MHz) frequency, and vice versa.

You may see TIS-B aircraft if a client aircraft is near you.

It appears to get TIS-B you also need ADS-B Out in your aircraft.

A definition TIS-B is in order.

Aircraft equipped with avionics meeting or exceeding TSO-C199 performance requirements are "TIS-B client aircraft." Non-ADS-B aircraft or aircraft broadcasting ADS-B but not meeting TSO-C199 requirements are "TIS-B targets." Client aircraft receive TIS-B targets that are within a 15 NM radius and +/- 3500 ft altitude of the client aircraft.

NOTE: Installing ADS-B In avionics without ADS-B Out avionics that meet or exceed the performance requirements of TSO-C199 only allows aircraft to receive TIS-B data intended for nearby Client aircraft that have qualified ADS-B Out avionics. This type of "piggybacking" will result in an incomplete representation of traffic around the aircraft. See "TIS-B Service Changes" below to understand the details of what ADS-B Out performance requirements must be met to receive full TIS-B services.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old August 24th 19, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Watrous

Flarm's PowerFlarm Core product page still has the following text on it:

ADS-R, TIS-B, FIS-B and UAT are currently not supported.

My understanding is that you will only get non-directional Mode C/S transponders alerts for aircraft with a transponder that does not have 1090ES ADS-B out.

It would be nice to get an update as to if and when ADS-R will be supported on the PowerFlarm Core.

Dave W