Buying Junk from Aircraft Spruce --- Or Putting Money Down a Rathole

Old February 2nd 05, 01:14 AM
Mark Hickey

"Plane Fun" wrote:

There was also come commentary about Aircraft Spruce substituting
"mild steel" sheet in place of 4130 steel sheet, and that we were
therefore "unscrupulous" people. Aircraft Spruce has an
outstanding reputation for quality products over the past 40 years, and
to suggest that we would intentionally substitute sub-standard material
is insulting.

Sounds like such a claim could qualify for full-on libel (given the
potential for harming the business if potential customers were to
believe such a claim).

Mark "but don't even play a lawyer on TV" Hickey
Old February 2nd 05, 01:29 AM
jls

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
ink.net...
I wish to address the privacy issue. It appears that one or more people
feel that all of the transaction should be considered private and Aircraft
Spruce breached this right of privacy when it disclosed conversations
between a customer and Aircraft Spruce.

There is neither a common law nor a statutory right of privacy regarding

the
conversations mentioned.

How would you know that unless you lived in California and practiced law
there? So I'm assuming you are and you do, and you will make corrections if
I'm wrong?

Be that as it may, Jim Irwin doesn't give a damn about anybody's privacy,
and in my case I don't mind anyway. I did mind that he divulged private
information and addresses of two acquaintances several months ago right here
in RAH, which also led others to comment on his sleaziness.

Divulging the contents of my conversations with his gravel-voiced viragos,
however, does present an issue with common law hearsay, which he uses with
such abandon to prove the content of conversations he could not have even
been a party to. In only one conversation, the first one with the first
virago, did I use vulgar language (a felony for sure!) and not even then
until after a series of insufferable provocations, the first of which was a
razor wire barrier communication system imported from a third world country
like Bangalore or Somalia; the second, being left on hold for almost an
hour, and the third, being interrupted time and time again while I was
trying to explain the reason for delay reporting that the junk Mitchell
Cylinder Head Temperature Gauge was defective right out of the box . If
you are talking to me and I keep cutting you off right in the middle of a
sentence, I can expect you to color and tell me to GFY.

So, in my book, Jim Irwin is a son of a bitch and his customer service is
right out of hell.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:31 AM
John Ammeter

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:03:12 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

"Bob K." wrote in message
roups.com...
Earlier, Dave Hyde wrote:

...It clarified one for me. But
just to make sure, I tried to search
Aircraft Spruce's website for their
privacy policy...

Interesting issue. I thought of that briefly, and then noted that Jim
(Irwin) carefully put double-quotes around "Larry" in his reponse. I
think that they'd only be breaching privacy if they use real names.

If he were trying to protect privacy, why did he publish the names of
innocent parties to another of his soured transactions several months ago
right here in RAH? I know those two people. At least one of them despises
Irwin.

And is putting my real name in quotes supposed to protect my privacy?
laughter

Larry or JLS, whichever you prefer....

I'd probably be the last person to defend Aircraft Spruce
BUT I find it rediculous that you think you can denigrate
AS&S but they can't simply post the facts....

As far as your "privacy" is concerned.... you're the one
that started this post about the 4130 and the Mitchell
instruments. Irwin only came in to make a post stating "the
other side of the argument".

BTW, whatever happened "several months ago" has NO bearing
on this situation. If you want to bring up issues from the
past, well, Latchless Larry... you've got a LOT of history
on this board and none of its flattering to you...

John Ammeter
Old February 2nd 05, 01:49 AM
jls

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"Plane Fun" wrote:

There was also come commentary about Aircraft Spruce substituting
"mild steel" sheet in place of 4130 steel sheet, and that we were
therefore "unscrupulous" people. Aircraft Spruce has an
outstanding reputation for quality products over the past 40 years, and
to suggest that we would intentionally substitute sub-standard material
is insulting.

Sounds like such a claim could qualify for full-on libel (given the
potential for harming the business if potential customers were to
believe such a claim).

Mark "but don't even play a lawyer on TV" Hickey

Let the sonofabitch sue for libel. I dare him to. I don't hurt his
reputation; he does. And if any of the angry Irwin toadies I have brought
out of the woodwork are to be believed I have HELPED Irwin's reputation.

If you want to know what so many people have said about Jim Irwin and
Aircraft Spruce, just do a Google Groups advanced search with the term,
"aircraft spruce." No offense to you, but that should get your case
rested, not to mention that truth is a defense.

Matter of fact, a few of the great volumes of complaints ought to be
published here, just to give an idea of the angry ridicule of Irwin's decade
of dark history in "customer service."

I never would have believed there were such torrents of hateful invective
against one man if I hadn't gone and looked just now. Take a look, if you
don't believe me. Irwin's fuXXed people from coast to coast and across the
pond. So don't believe a word I have said if you don't want to; the record
still damns him to customer relationships only with buffoons and masochists.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:03 AM
Greybeard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:07:32 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

"Greybeard" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:40:14 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

Greybeard

Whoever you are nameless nobody, a man of steel and tool and die making this
afternoon described very clearly how to differentiate between 4130 and mild
steel. I googled with "ferrous metals" and "spark test" and he's right.

Who gives a ****e what YOU think; you're just a nobody.

Most tool and die people are. However spark test is only in the 30%
bracket for uncertainty, meaning 70% chance that you're going to be
wrong. But that's normal for you, although I think I should give you
another 20%, there's a 90% chance that you'd screw up.

If you go back and read it, spark testing is only for steels in a
given state, and you have no idea even where to start to find what
state your steel is in. Nor would you know the difference.

And by the way, when you take that chromoly into a lab, maybe checking
for chromium and molybdenum might be better choices. Possibly the
name of the steel gives away a little of it's composition. But what
would you care? You're not interested in truth, just in feeding your
fat head.

I may be a nobody, but you're a nobody that's making a fool out of
himself on this group, again, and again, and again, and,,,,

Have a nice day, clap drip.

Greybeard.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:08 AM
Greybeard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:49:13 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

Blabber, Blabber, blabber blabber. Just shut the **** up, Latchless
larry. Everyone here knows you well enough to know that all of your
problems come from yourself. This isn't the first time you've been
accused of giving the people on the phone a blast of ****, but then,
that's all you have in your head. Jim Irwin isn't the problem,
Latchless larry is.

Greybeard
Old February 2nd 05, 02:18 AM
jls

"Plane Fun" wrote in message
ups.com...
Aircraft Spruce

Many of your read the comments posted by "Larry" regarding "buying
junk from Aircraft Spruce", and it is important that we state the facts
in the situation.

Larry purchased this Mitchell instruments some 8 months ago, and
yesterday called to report that the instrument was defective and
demanded his money back.

Lying already, huh? The defective Mitchell CHT Gauge was purchased in June
and I notified you in July upon installing it that it was defective, right
out of the box. I took it out in July but could not find the invoice,
which one of your viragos said I would have to have in order to return it.
Luckily I found the invoice yesterday, misfiled in another folder.

The instruments is within its' year
warranty so we offered to bring it back and have it repaired under
warranty for him. Larry then proceeded to give our girl in Customer
Service a large dose of profanity along with threats to blast our
company to his news-group.

One vulgar word. A felony. I am overcome with guilt and shame for being
run around like a rat in a maze and finally becoming angry with your
gravel-voice virago when she repeatedly interrupted what I was courteously
trying to explain the delay.

He also spoke with Mitchell directly and
verbally abused them as well, at which time they advised us tat they
would not deal with him in any way.

Odd. Their manager calmly asked me to return the gauge for repair and said
Spruce should have offered a refund, but having read enough about Mitchell's
bad reputation, I won't bother.

Our Customer Service manager,
Carolyn Leon (who is wonderful with our customers and can solve any
problem a customer may have) then called Larry to see what she can do.

That's the Carolyn who left me on hold 45 minutes yesterday while I sat
wasting time and dawdling when I'd liked to have crammed that crap CHT gauge
in your ear.

She was greeted with another long string of profanity and unreasonable
demands, at which time she terminated the conversation.

Lie, lie, and lie. Hearsay too. I used not one vulgar word with her.
When I told her I would accept nothing less than a refund she hung up.

Aircraft
Spruce will always do whatever we can to assist a customer, but my
staff does not need to be abused.

No, you don't assist a customer, except when he pays his money; when it's
time for customer service after the sale, the customer can go to hell, so
far as you're concerned.

ntary about Aircraft Spruce substituting
"mild steel" sheet in place of 4130 steel sheet, and that we were
therefore "unscrupulous" people. Aircraft Spruce has an
outstanding reputation for quality products over the past 40 years, and
to suggest that we would intentionally substitute sub-standard material
is insulting. The fact is that several sizes of 4130 sheet has not
been available for Normalized (N) Condition in about a year, and these
sizes are only available in Annealed (A) condition. Until these sizes
are again produced by a mill in (N) condition, annealed material will
be provided by ourselves and many other suppliers. We clearly state
this in our current catalog and on our website. All the 4130 sheet we
furnish is indeed 4130, and we have full test reports on file for
anyone that needs them.

I'll have the plate assayed and file a report. If it's genuine, I'll admit
to it. That's better than I can say for your bogus customer service which
required a damn invoice just to return a defective CHT gauge when you could
have verified the purchase in your database. The damn thing is PMA'd too.
I want the FAA to know just what a piece of junk it is. Another purchaser
bought two and one of his was defective out of the box, and the other one he
says is not reliable.

Just for funsies, any of you, call the ACS number and see how long it takes
you to get to customer service. Try it; waste 30 minutes for fun, and then
get talked to like you're a cur by one of their obnoxious viragos.

First of all you will be in their banana republic system on the first number
you call before you learn after 10 or 15 minutes punching numbers 1through 6
that you should have called another number,and the latter number won't even
be available on your invoice.

These people are slick and oily. Have fun with them. Don't whine:
Think kindly of ol' Larry when they screw you.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:23 AM
jls

"NOBODY" wrote in message nice day, clap drip.

Greybeard.

So you've had gonorrhea. What else is new? It went to your brain and ate
what little was there.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:26 AM
Greybeard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:18:07 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

Lie, lie, and lie. Hearsay too.

That seems to be your only mode of operation.

Not surprising.

Greybeard

Old February 2nd 05, 02:27 AM
Greybeard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:23:45 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

So you've had gonorrhea. What else is new? It went to your brain and ate
what little was there.

I don't get your family diseases.

Greybeard