Fort Collins - CO

Old May 23rd 14, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Frawley

Default Fort Collins - CO

All,

I am active Australian comp pilot visiting my business HQ in FC CO. Looking for guidance on who to contact in the area who could help me with getting some gliding in. I will be regular visitor for the next couple years and staying for extended periods, so looking to get involved in the local scene.

Regards

Richard Frawley
CIT - Gliding Federation of Australia

Old May 23rd 14, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, 23 May 2014 06:29:55 UTC+1, Richard Frawley wrote:
All,

I am active Australian comp pilot visiting my business HQ in FC CO. Looking for guidance on who to contact in the area who could help me with getting some gliding in. I will be regular visitor for the next couple years and staying for extended periods, so looking to get involved in the local scene..

Regards

Richard Frawley

CIT - Gliding Federation of Australia

Try contacting Mile High Gliding at Boulder.
Old May 23rd 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kiwiindenver

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:29:55 PM UTC-6, Richard Frawley wrote:
All,

I am active Australian comp pilot visiting my business HQ in FC CO. Looking for guidance on who to contact in the area who could help me with getting some gliding in. I will be regular visitor for the next couple years and staying for extended periods, so looking to get involved in the local scene..

Regards

Richard Frawley

CIT - Gliding Federation of Australia

Mile high is the local commercial operation http://www.milehighgliding.com

Soaring Society of Boulder is the club operation http://soarboulder.org

Both operate out of Boulder Municipal Airport https://bouldercolorado.gov/airport

Alan
Old May 23rd 14, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:29:55 PM UTC-6, Richard Frawley wrote:
All,

I am active Australian comp pilot visiting my business HQ in FC CO. Looking for guidance on who to contact in the area who could help me with getting some gliding in. I will be regular visitor for the next couple years and staying for extended periods, so looking to get involved in the local scene..

Regards

Richard Frawley

CIT - Gliding Federation of Australia

The Boulder scene flies more frequently. Colorado Soaring Association,
http://soarcsa.org is mainly weekends, but has course and task weeks during the summer. It's much closer to Fort Collins.

http://www.ssa.org/WhereToFly

Frank Whiteley
Old May 23rd 14, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Colorado Soaring Association (a club)
at Owl Canyon Glider Port
http://www.soarcsa.org/index.php?page=scenic-flights, Wellington, CO.
I found a warm reception at Bond Springs, NT, Australia, and I'd be very
surprised if you were not welcomed by this club. It's located north of
Ft. Collins, near the Wyoming border.

Dan Marotta 5J

Old May 23rd 14, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Two Shoes (Judson Knowles)

Richard,

As mentioned, the Colorado Soaring Association is the closest to Ft. Collins. It is 15 miles to the north. Let me/us know when you'll be out this way and I can give you the nickle tour. And if a cherry-ripe chocolate bar (dark, of course) happens to follow you here, I'll be sure to dispose of it properly.

-Judson
Old May 23rd 14, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Frawley

On Friday, 23 May 2014 16:25:48 UTC-4, Two Shoes (Judson Knowles) wrote:
Richard,

As mentioned, the Colorado Soaring Association is the closest to Ft. Collins. It is 15 miles to the north. Let me/us know when you'll be out this way and I can give you the nickle tour. And if a cherry-ripe chocolate bar (dark, of course) happens to follow you here, I'll be sure to dispose of it properly.

-Judson

Thanks Judson, my favorite as well, will buy two

Old May 23rd 14, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Frawley

On Friday, 23 May 2014 11:00:35 UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the
Colorado Soaring Association (a club) at Owl
Canyon Glider Port, Wellington, CO.* I found a warm
[...]

Dan, If you ever to Sydney. ping me

Old May 23rd 14, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Frawley

On Friday, 23 May 2014 09:47:36 UTC-4, kiwiindenver wrote:
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:29:55 PM UTC-6, Richard Frawley wrote:

All,

I am active Australian comp pilot visiting my business HQ in FC CO. Looking for guidance on who to contact in the area who could help me with getting some gliding in. I will be regular visitor for the next couple years and staying for extended periods, so looking to get involved in the local scene.

Regards

Richard Frawley

CIT - Gliding Federation of Australia

Mile high is the local commercial operation http://www.milehighgliding.com

Soaring Society of Boulder is the club operation http://soarboulder.org

Both operate out of Boulder Municipal Airport https://bouldercolorado.gov/airport

Alan

Alan, I hear you and Bernie Baer know each other.

I will check them all out, thanks

Old May 23rd 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kiwiindenver

On Friday, May 23, 2014 4:01:42 PM UTC-6, Richard Frawley wrote:
[...]

Via email, Bernie helped me debug my Android Skew-t app so it worked with Australian data.