Video Card problem

Old March 10th 04, 12:12 AM
David Morley

Default Video Card problem

I am running a new PC with Win XP and a Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card. The
card performs fine as you would expect, but when I start MS flight Sim 2004,
the CRT monitor has to be manually adjusted to the correct width and height
settings - when Flight Sim first clicks in, it is occupying perhaps half of
the height and more that the width of the screen. In other words the image
is short and too wide.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to cure this problem. ~It's a nuisance having
to adjust the monitor every time I start Flight Sim and then adjust back
again when I come out of the program.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated

David Morley

Old March 10th 04, 09:44 AM
Gerard Verhoef

Do you know that you can set the pixelsize from within flightsim as well
as with using the driver in windowsxp? You might wanna chose the same
size in both settings

Gerard

Old March 10th 04, 09:52 PM
Debug

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:12:53 -0000, "David Morley"
wrote:

I am running a new PC with Win XP and a Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card. The
card performs fine as you would expect, but when I start MS flight Sim 2004,
the CRT monitor has to be manually adjusted to the correct width and height
settings - when Flight Sim first clicks in, it is occupying perhaps half of
the height and more that the width of the screen. In other words the image
is short and too wide.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to cure this problem. ~It's a nuisance having
to adjust the monitor every time I start Flight Sim and then adjust back
again when I come out of the program.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated

David Morley

Hmm, your monitor should have more than one setting it automatically
saves. But your problem is to do with the refresh rate. Get Multires
(or you can use Radeon Omega drivers which have it built in) and after
installing go to the "about" section and select 'lock refresh rates'.
Set your monitor to the res and colour depth you use for FS2004 and
set the refresh rate, I recommend you use 85hz, use 85hz for all
resolutions and colour depth. That should solve your issue. Get
multires here.

www.entechtaiwan.com

p.s. XP is using 60hz for default refresh rate in your game but you
have the desktop set to something else and that is why the geometry is
changing on you.
Old March 11th 04, 06:47 AM
dmorley

Gerard
Thanks for the reply - I have tried all the varios screen resolution
settings frm qwithin flight simulator - going right up to the highest
resolution at which point the whole thing locked up and I have to edit
the cfg file setting to get back into FS!

I'm set at 600 * 800 in both windows monitor and FS monitor at
present!

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more