Hello Gang!

Old April 9th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Hello Gang!

Hi guys and gals,
It's been a pretty rough row to hoe since before Thanksgiving. I
have moved from my beloved mountains of northeastern TN. , back to my
homeland of Georgia. Waynesboro, GA to be exact! I rented a place right
behind the Burke County airport. Not alot going on at the airport
here..but I sure hope to change that eventually.
Things have been "not so good" in the sport pilot training as money
has been very very short. But I have found a fellow over in Macon, GA
that is training in a Piper Cub. So at least I won't have as much of a
drive as I did going from TN to OH. ! Hope to finish up when I get my
income tax (my half of the return) and move on from there.
But on to a more cheery subject! My daughter from previous marriage
has stayed with me a few weekends and has spent all this week with me
for her spring break. I changed the seat tracks in a Cessna 170 for a
fellow out at the airport and we took her on her first airplane ride! I
got a great picture of that look of fear on her face when the airplane
started moving and within 5 minutes that look on her face was pure joy.
Just took her on a scenic ride down to jenkins County airport and then
over to a private grass strip that a friend of the airplanes owner
knows. She says her favorite part is coming into the final turn and
landing. She was all smiles!!! Sure made this old man forget all the
woes and heartache he has gone through lately.
Now when I am looking at airplanes on the internet or going over
plans and blueprints I already have, she looks too! I think I have made
a 9 year old girl an airplane fan! At least now she understands her
Dad's love of aviation and who knows ..maybe with just alittle luck she
will be on her way to loving it as well.

WP Dixon
student SP
aircraft structural mech

Old April 9th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It's been a pretty rough row to hoe since before Thanksgiving. I
have moved from my beloved mountains of northeastern TN. , back to my
homeland of Georgia. Waynesboro, GA to be exact! I rented a place right
behind the Burke County airport. Not alot going on at the airport
here..but I sure hope to change that eventually.

Give it time. You'll get something going!

Now when I am looking at airplanes on the internet or going over
plans and blueprints I already have, she looks too! I think I have made
a 9 year old girl an airplane fan! At least now she understands her
Dad's love of aviation and who knows ..maybe with just alittle luck she
will be on her way to loving it as well.

Sounds great -- congrats about your daughter and flying, and I'm glad
you landed on your feet. One thing I've always found is that personal
catastrophe always result in personal growth. (Of course, we don't seem
to learn that until we're about dead, sadly.)

Or, as my Mom used to say, when God slams a door in your face, He
usually opens a window upstairs...

Good luck -- and welcome back!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 9th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Good luck to you and I hope your daughter ends up becoming a pilot also.

Old April 9th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Paul, glad to see you back online and in good spirits.
Old April 9th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well hey there stranger! Welcome back! Glad to 'see' you smiling.

The Monk

Old April 10th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hi John Smith!,
Did you ever get the Champ replaced? I am trying to work a deal on
an EAA biplane with a 125hp Lycoming. Needs covering and rigging. price
is pretty good too! Also everyone check it out on barnstormers
site..1939 restored Cub is the giveaway from a place in ND. 2000
tickets are being sold...50 bucks a pop. But if you win 50 bucks for a
dully restored Cub is a pretty good deal! If I win you will all hear me
screaming!!!!! HAHA My limpy butt will walk to North Dakota to bring it
back home
And thanks for the kind words yall.

WP Dixon
student SP
aircraft structural mech

Old April 10th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"W P Dixon" wrote

But if you win 50 bucks for a
dully restored Cub is a pretty good deal!

Oh, I don't know. 50 bucks for a dully restored cub sounds about right.

Now think about how good of a deal 50 bucks for a fully restored Cub would
be, and it boggles the mind!

You know, someone had to do it! :-))
--
Jim in NC

Old April 11th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

HEE HEE,
Thanks for the correction Jim..glad to see you are still on your
toes! Trying to get used to this google posting thing, as juno does not
do the newsgroup server thing. But hey it's cheap internet! This
google thing is a real pain in the butt! I prefer newsgroups right in
my outlook express..alot easier to read and post, but that isn't going
to happen on juno.

Pat
WP Dixon
student SP
aicraft structural mech

Old April 11th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Trying to get used to this google posting thing, as juno does not
do the newsgroup server thing. But hey it's cheap internet! This
google thing is a real pain in the butt! I prefer newsgroups right in
my outlook express..alot easier to read and post

Boy, I'm with you on that, Pat. Although GoogleGroups *does* get
easier as you get used to it, there are some goofy idiosyncracies that
can drive you nuts.

But they also have some features I really like. The search features
can't be beat, for example.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA