Today in Oshkosh [1/8] - "01 Dakota and Yaks.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Old August 2nd 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Today in Oshkosh [1/8] - "01 Dakota and Yaks.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

On 2 Aug 2007 05:13:01 -0500, jc wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:08:33 -0500, Just Plane Noise wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:33:13 +0800, "Russell"
wrote:

Please stop posting you are hurting the group

No.

Well said. I've been enjoying your posts, JPN, and hope you continue, no matter
what encoding you choose to use. And that is the key - it's your choice. Don't
let anyone try and tell you otherwise. You're never going to please everyone
here so don't even try.
Cheers,
jc

Thanks for the kind words! I'm all out of Oshkosh pix for the year (I
actually havbe 2-3 times as many as I posted, but they're not
different enough from those I did post--motor drive, y'know). I had
been burned out on Oshkosh, but a combination of the F22s, the new
DSLR and its long lens, and the existence of this group led me to "do
Oshkosh" again. Since it is the only airshow I do, I'll be posting
little if anything before next July, but I am glad I could contribute
to a group from which I have downloaded thousands of fine images. I
do hope a few members may want to join me next year on "landfill
hill."

Old August 2nd 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell

This used to be a really good newsgroup before this yEnc crap. I do not
believe anyone should be forced to get more software because a handful of
arrogant idiots will not post in the agreed format. Then they flood us with
it and take over a newsgroup that has worked so well for many years. I
refuse to get another risky program just so some prick will not do according
to what the members of this group set as guidlines for posting here.

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Russell" wrote in
u:

How? can't see it, he posts in yEnc
"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Russell" wrote in news:46b0a7c0$0$14405
:

Please stop posting you are hurting the group

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message

I had many more pictures, but too many were a bit fuzzy. Most
pictures are at full extension of my 75-300 lens,
using manual focus set to infinity, so I'm going to have to change
some things to see if I can get sharper pics, Meanwhile, I hope
those I've posted here are good enough and/or interesting enough.

How is he hurting they "group" he is certainly posting more and
better pics than you or I.

easy way around that is to use a newsreader like xnews it automatically
decodes yenc and also reconstructs multipart posts

Old August 2nd 07, 03:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:07:13 +0800, "Russell"
wrote:

This used to be a really good newsgroup before this yEnc crap.

Right. All the pictures posted here now are fuzzy, poorly exposed,
carelessly framed pieces of ****. The difference is like day and
night.

I do not
believe anyone should be forced to get more software because a handful of
arrogant idiots will not post in the agreed format.

The fact that you continue to use the word "forced" says so much about
you and your own arrogance.

Then they flood us with
it and take over a newsgroup that has worked so well for many years.

Yeah, we're taking it over alright. We have stopped all non-yEnc
posts. I am personally appointing myself the Supreme Decider of What
Gets Posted Here. And I am personally banning anything that Russell
can see. Violators will be digitized, pixellated, and purple-fringed.

refuse to get another risky program just so some prick will not do according
to what the members of this group set as guidlines for posting here.

There's absolutely nothing risky involved. I decode yEnc, I post with
yEnc, I don't understand the workings of yEnc one bit, and I haven't
ever had a problem. I don't allow risky things on my computer (well,
there IS that Windows thing).

Old August 2nd 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Harriet and John

We have certainly sided with the non-yEnc bloc for years now, Russell, and
normally would agree with your pique but we did download the very simple and
elegant free reader last weekend and we must say, what's the harm? It works
very well, is seamless, free, and actually opens up the viewing experience
dramatically. Why all the fuss?

Old August 2nd 07, 06:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Russell" wrote in
:

This used to be a really good newsgroup before this yEnc crap. I do
not believe anyone should be forced to get more software because a
handful of arrogant idiots will not post in the agreed format. Then
they flood us with it and take over a newsgroup that has worked so
well for many years. I refuse to get another risky program just so
some prick will not do according to what the members of this group set
as guidlines for posting here.

Risky program?
Are you a computer newbie
There are many programs(xnews and Forte agent to nam but afew) that reader
new groups and are in no way "risky"
I do not post with yenc butI can appreciate that some do no have broadband
service and any data compression software helps them to have better access
So if you don't like"new" helpful freeware just ignor the poster who use
Yenc why complain when it won't change their patterns
Old August 2nd 07, 06:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:39:35 -0400, "Harriet and John"
wrote:

We have certainly sided with the non-yEnc bloc for years now, Russell, and
normally would agree with your pique but we did download the very simple and
elegant free reader last weekend and we must say, what's the harm? It works
very well, is seamless, free, and actually opens up the viewing experience
dramatically. Why all the fuss?

Ta-DAHHH. Watch out, Russell--they've come over to the Dark Side!
Seriously, they're just saying what several of us have said--their
last sentence captures it all.
Old August 2nd 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:07:50 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

I do not post with yenc butI can appreciate that some do no have broadband
service and any data compression software helps them to have better access

Look at the size in pixels of that "4 F22" takeoff I posted (the one
you have to scroll horizontally if displayed full size). Imagine what
that would have eaten up if UU encoded! You got it right, Clairbear!
Old August 2nd 07, 06:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Godwin

"Russell" wrote in
:

This used to be a really good newsgroup before this yEnc crap. I
do not believe anyone should be forced to get more software
because a handful of arrogant idiots will not post in the agreed
format. Then they flood us with it and take over a newsgroup that
has worked so well for many years.

I've hit on an easy solution that seems to work for me. When I'm
using MicroSuck Outlook (that doesn't support yEnc), I bypass those
pictures. When I'm using XNews (a freebie that does), I enjoy the
pictures. I don't particularly care what format that the poster uses
because it's his or her choice and Usenet bandwidth, in this case,
appears to be a non-issue.

What seems to be incredible to me is the personal attacks on people
that are sharing some great pictures. About the only thing I can say
about that is grow up and get a life.

Old August 2nd 07, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

John Godwin wrote in
. 3.50:

"Russell" wrote in
:

This used to be a really good newsgroup before this yEnc crap. I
do not believe anyone should be forced to get more software
because a handful of arrogant idiots will not post in the agreed
format. Then they flood us with it and take over a newsgroup that
has worked so well for many years.

I've hit on an easy solution that seems to work for me. When I'm
using MicroSuck Outlook (that doesn't support yEnc), I bypass those
pictures. When I'm using XNews (a freebie that does), I enjoy the
pictures. I don't particularly care what format that the poster uses
because it's his or her choice and Usenet bandwidth, in this case,
appears to be a non-issue.

What seems to be incredible to me is the personal attacks on people
that are sharing some great pictures. About the only thing I can say
about that is grow up and get a life.

Being anti-yEns is like saying "why use a fork when have 2 hands"
Old August 3rd 07, 08:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

See, It always comes down to the "windows thing." You only post in yEnc
because you don't like OE....

"Just Plane Noise" wrote