musings - way waay OT

Old October 20th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ben Jackson

Default musings - way waay OT

On 2006-10-20, Denny wrote:
One my
more skilled employees has a husband with MS (is on expensive drugs)

Could be as simple as that employee being careless setting their
exemptions. Maybe they get big refunds each April because they overpay
during the year.

By the way, do you offer a sec 125 cafe plan so they can buy those
drugs pre-tax?

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Old October 20th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 20-Oct-2006, "Denny" wrote:

A lesser skilled employee receives Medicaid and food stamp assistance for
herself and her
child...

Am I the only person who sees the system as being broken?

You don't say so, but I assume that this "lesser skilled" employee works
full time. What's broken is clearly a salary structure that does not allow
a working person to support herself and her child above the poverty line.
Meanwhile, CEOs and upper management draw salaries that are almost
unimaginable, and the gap is rapidly growing.

-Elliott Drucker
Old October 20th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message

On 20-Oct-2006, "Denny" wrote:

A lesser skilled employee receives Medicaid and food stamp assistance for
herself and her
child...

Am I the only person who sees the system as being broken?

You don't say so, but I assume that this "lesser skilled" employee works
full time. What's broken is clearly a salary structure that does not
allow
a working person to support herself and her child above the poverty line.
Meanwhile, CEOs and upper management draw salaries that are almost
unimaginable, and the gap is rapidly growing.

-Elliott Drucker

So Jay do you draw a salary that is "almost unimaginable?"

Old October 20th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

Ben Jackson wrote:

Could be as simple as that employee being careless setting their
exemptions. Maybe they get big refunds each April because they overpay
during the year.

Anyone with any intelligence would never do that. Why give the government
an interest free loan.

Old October 20th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

Matt Barrow wrote:

Well of course the system is broken and you have pointed
out exactly why. Things will not get better unless some
serious reform is enacted. A flat tax, or a national sales
tax would be an excellent start.

It won't do doodly squat!

What is your suggestion?

Old October 20th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
.Blueskies.

"ktbr" wrote in message ...
: Jay Honeck wrote:
:
:
: ALL of this money just vanishes. We don't even get our snow plowed,
: because the road between our two buildings is considered a "private"
: road (yet the city banned parking on it), and I haven't seen a street
: sweeper out front since last spring.
:
: It doesn't vanish, here's where it goes... after various state and
: federal agencies (that exist soley for the purpose of wealth
: re-distribution and nothing else) skim the cream off the top to
: pay for their salaries, benefits and union dues, the remaining
: money is handed out to people who have not earned in order to
: by their vote.
:
: That's the American way.

This is the American way:
http://www.federalbudget.com/

Old October 21st 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

So Jay do you draw a salary that is "almost unimaginable?"

Of course he does. He owns and airplane after all, doesn't he? ;-)

Old October 21st 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

..Blueskies. wrote:

This is the American way:
http://www.federalbudget.com/

Buying votes gets more expensive every year.