Spam & Filth

Old November 6th 09, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Kahuna[_4_]

Default Spam & Filth

What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?
Old November 6th 09, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Breckenridge[_4_]

Kahuna wrote:
What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

I just made a filter that deletes all posts with "movie" in subject line.
Old November 7th 09, 12:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:51:13 -0800, Jim Breckenridge
wrote:

Kahuna wrote:
What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

I just made a filter that deletes all posts with "movie" in subject line.

Good plan. And it's in a lot of groups... =(
Old November 7th 09, 01:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
nockers

wrote:

Kahuna wrote:
What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

I just made a filter that deletes all posts with "movie" in subject line.

Thanks Worked it for me.

Old November 7th 09, 08:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

"Kahuna" wrote in message
What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

Well, the one below from 'inpk' appears to have been sent through
here...............
http://www.usenetserver.com/ and they will accept your complaint
here..............
but as they offer 'three days for three dollars'
the
OP is probably long gone. In truth there is nothing that anyone here can do
to stop
any posts to the group.

On usenet there are no rules - only [would be] enforcers.

Old November 8th 09, 11:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JR[_2_]

wrote:

Kahuna wrote:
What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

I just made a filter that deletes all posts with "movie" in subject line.

Good plan. And it's in a lot of groups... =(

Don't.. that might stop you from looking at pics from aviation movies

Old November 10th 09, 08:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Garrapata

wrote:

Kahuna wrote:
What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

I just made a filter that deletes all posts with "movie" in subject line.

Good plan. And it's in a lot of groups... =(

Don't.. that might stop you from looking at pics from aviation movies

Do it until this flood is over. Agent lets me expire filters after n
days, handy for a flood like this. If I see by the replies that I missed
something I can go back and get it.
--

09=ix
Old November 15th 09, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
:

On 13 Nov 2009 11:00:48 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
m:

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 06:56:50 -0600, Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

hielan' laddie wrote in
:

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:27:13 -0500, Kahuna wrote
(in article ):

What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

It's not really kiddie porn, it's _worse_: it's a Trojan
pretending to be kiddie porn.

The person posting it uses usenetserver.com. That news feed has an
abuse notification address, but does not do anything about
complaints. This particular spammer has been sending Trojans
pretending to be kiddie porn out for well over six months using
various fake addresses. So far his server declines to do anything
about it.

You can filter based on various items. Right now 'movie' is in the
subject line of each post, so a filter on that will kill all his
posts. Be advised that he changes his subject line style to avoid
filters; it used to be that 'avi' was in every subject line so a
filter on that would kill them all. Be advised that filtering on
'movie' will also filter innocent posts with that string in their
subject lines.

If your NNTP client is capable of it, you could filter on
usenetserver.com. This would kill all his stuff, no matter what
subject line he used. It would also kill stuff from anyone else
who used the same server. It would be your decision as to whether
or not the collateral damage is worth it.

I don't follow that many binary groups, so I just sort for size,
look in the 1,000- to 2,300-line range, and mark as read all the
off-topic stuff. It stands out through his predictable nyms and
subject lines.

I only track a few binary groups as well; using Agent I just do a
Mk.I eyeball scan of the headers and make sure I don't mark the bad
stuff for body download.

That, and ask the cosmos to arrange an unfortunate shaving accident
for the turd posting the stuff. Can't hoit...

Bob ^,,^

Bob
If you can find him we can send a couple of big guys with bats to see
him
and covince physically or otherwise to curtail his abusive activities

I see your plan - invite him to play baseball and see how many home
runs we can get with his head...

Actually I though they may mistake hands and knees for baseballs But I
guess the head would work a bit better

SPAM John Doe[_4_] Soaring 0 July 17th 09 07:01 AM
SPAM [email protected] Home Built 1 February 6th 09 10:54 PM
SPAM Bob Kuykendall Home Built 0 February 5th 09 04:20 PM
SPAM Bob Kuykendall Soaring 0 February 5th 09 04:20 PM
(OT Spam) Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org Roger Halstead Restoration 0 April 10th 04 07:03 PM