Last Chance -- Free Beer in Iowa on Sunday!

Old July 25th 03, 10:00 PM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:51:56 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in Message-Id:
wTfUa.145029$ye4.99966@sccrnsc01:

Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but *publicly* providing
intoxicating liquor to pilots en route to KOSH seem less than prudent
to me.

You're kidding, right?

No.

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,
Old July 25th 03, 11:15 PM
Jim Weir

*
* *
* /*
* / *
/

Troll-O-Meter

-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old July 25th 03, 11:50 PM
Capt. Doug

Larry Dighera wrote in message Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but
*publicly* providing intoxicating liquor to pilots en route to KOSH seem

less than prudent to me.

SOME of us can make responsible decisions WITHOUT input from self-righteous
pompous carriers of public correctness. I wish I could be there.

D.

Old July 25th 03, 11:51 PM
Montblack

I'm with Larry on this one :-)

(waiting patiently for my tobacco-like class action lawsuit settlement
against *Big Fat* to show up any day now in the mail)

I think what Larry is really saying g...don't serve chips and dip at your
party - too much downside liability exposure. Big Liquor is next ....but Big
Fat is now!!

If a 17 year old pilot wants a beer, then that's a problem.

We live in such wacky times that if someone crashed after staying at Jay's
place, they might entertain litigation thoughts, based on the idea that they
were unable to get a proper night's sleep, due in part by the fact that they
had to sleep on (an alleged) lumpy mattress.

What? I said *alleged*.

--
Montblack

(Larry Dighera wrote)

Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but *publicly* providing
intoxicating liquor to pilots en route to KOSH seem less than prudent
to me. snip

Old July 26th 03, 12:05 AM
Ben Smith

Hi Jay - I plan to make a cameo appearance, weather permitting.

How does one get to the hotel after landing at IOW? (Is it walking
distance?)

--
Ben
C172 - N13258 @ 87Y

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Our first annual "Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party" starts at 3 PM Sunday

here
in Iowa City!

We've now added poolside live music in addition to the "Lifter Technology"
flight demonstrations. Come enjoy the beer, food, music, and camaraderie

of
hanging around with a bunch of crazy pilots en route to the Big One in

OSH!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 02:37 AM
Robert Kesik

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
news
No.

Hi,
First post here, but gotta get this outta me .

Sorry to say, but get a life, and go elsewhere with your
talk. This is a get-to-gether, any person who drinks
are responsible for thier actions, nobody else, have a
look throught the FAA regs, find me a paragraph where
it says I CAN'T DRINK BEER and have a party, and
then later after some time, go elsewhere, get ****ed, wait
a while do more flying.

Are you just jealouse because YOU can't fly-in
earlier ? Don't go bragging about, I don't give a
*uck. Just stop your talking, get you ass in gear
go do other things.

There is ABSOLOUTLY nothing wrong with this
party. Got IT ?

Unhappy rec.aviation.piloting reader,
Robert Kesik
EPSC - Spotter. (Poland)

Old July 26th 03, 03:35 AM
Jim Fisher

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
I don't want to be a "wet blanket," but *publicly* providing liquor to
pilots seems foolish to me.

Very good point, Larry. However, the FAA has come up with a very good
memnumon . . . newmoni . . .nmenmoni . . mnemonic! to help those of us who
have trouble staying away from the bottle after flying . . , er, flying
after the bottle. Okay, it may not even be a mmnnmneumonic but you get the
idea.

Everyone repeat after me: "Eight minutes from throttle to bottle." . . . Or
was it eight hours . . . or was it from "bottle to throttle"? Speaking of
that if you drink from a can instead of a bottle, do you add or subtract
minutes/hours?

I had considered driving my ass up to Osh detouring to Ioway and dropping in
on your fools on the way. Problem is, three days ago I finally got a firm
offer of my house that has been on the market for 2.5 years. I gotta be out
in three weeks so I'll be packing instead of driving.

If all goes as planned, I'll be flying up there in my own plane again within
a year! . . . or two.

Y'all have one for me, okay?

--
Jim Fisher

Old July 26th 03, 04:50 AM
Jay Honeck

Sorry to say, but get a life, and go elsewhere with your
talk. This is a get-to-gether, any person who drinks
are responsible for thier actions, nobody else, have a
look throught the FAA regs, find me a paragraph where
it says I CAN'T DRINK BEER and have a party

If it makes y'all feel better, I have actually (no kidding!) invited a
couple of FAA types to the party.

They drink beer too, you know.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 04:52 AM
Jay Honeck

Hi Jay - I plan to make a cameo appearance, weather permitting.

How does one get to the hotel after landing at IOW? (Is it walking
distance?)

That's great, Ben!

While we are within walking distance, just have the line guys at IOW give us
a call. We'll come getcha!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 04:57 AM
john smith

Jim Fisher wrote:
Everyone repeat after me: "Eight minutes from throttle to bottle." . . . Or
was it eight hours . . . or was it from "bottle to throttle"? Speaking of
that if you drink from a can instead of a bottle, do you add or subtract
minutes/hours?

I thought it was no smoking within eight hours of flying and no drinking
within 100 feet of the airplane.