Last Chance -- Free Beer in Iowa on Sunday!

Old July 26th 03, 05:39 AM
Jay Honeck

Are you planning a live webcast of this event? or at least a live web
cam????

You volunteering?

Just trying to be as involved as possible with no plane!

Who needs a plane? Drive, bike, ride, or glide in -- we'll have a cold one
for you!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 12:33 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:50:25 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Sorry to say, but get a life, and go elsewhere with your
talk. This is a get-to-gether, any person who drinks
are responsible for thier actions, nobody else, have a
look throught the FAA regs, find me a paragraph where
it says I CAN'T DRINK BEER and have a party

If it makes y'all feel better, I have actually (no kidding!) invited a
couple of FAA types to the party.

They drink beer too, you know.

You mean, they don't only need a little bit of oil and grease from time to
time? Real humans?

#m

--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

John Gilmo I was ejected from a plane for wearing
"Suspected Terrorist" button http://www.politechbot.com/p-04973.html
Old July 26th 03, 12:33 PM
Martin Hotze

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:25:13 -0500, Jeff Franks wrote:

Hey Jay,

Are you planning a live webcast of this event? or at least a live web
cam????

oh yessss ... let's all get again into it in telling Jay what he should
setup for us geeks ... :-))

but sure, a webcam pointing to the airport (or showing the pool, etc.)
wouldn't be the worst of all ideas.

#m

Old July 26th 03, 12:53 PM
Robert Kesik

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

If it makes y'all feel better, I have actually (no kidding!) invited a
couple of FAA types to the party.

Hey there jay,

Listen I'm with you on this subject,
I don't see a problem with this fly-in
If I had the money I would flyin
by regular arline and hitch-hike my way
to this meet.

They drink beer too, you know.

Now now, I like my beer *COLD*.
They prolly like it cold themselves.

anyhow, good luck with the get-to-gether.

Greetings,

Robert Kesik
EPSC - Spotter (Poland)

Old July 26th 03, 03:40 PM
Jay Honeck

Robert Kesik
EPSC - Spotter. (Poland)

Just curious: what does "EPSC- Spotter" mean?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 03:45 PM
Jay Honeck

I find your exploitative lack of discretion rude and offensive.

You know, Larry, up till now I've tolerated you and your motherly attitude
with impish good humor. However, you have now crossed the line. I am now
DEEPLY offended, and will therefore organize a worldwide "PHHHBBBTTTT" in
your general direction.

All those in favor of "PHHHHBBBTTT-ing" Larry, say "AYE!"
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 26th 03, 04:01 PM
Jeff Franks

Of course in light of certain posts in this thread, a webcam would only
provide evidence that some adult can't take personal responsibility for
themselves and would have to blame the event host.

Seriously though, Jay for next year (assuming you make it through the
litigation this years event causes), lets plan ahead for it. I have access
to a cheap little webbased camera that can be mounted anywhere (vise type
mount) and plugged into an ethernet jack. So, if you have cable and/or DSL,
this would be a 10 minute setup....and great fun for all us
wannabetheres.....

Jeff

Old July 26th 03, 04:22 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:30:42 GMT, Larry Dighera wrote:

If they stop and have a few drinks, and spend the night,
unless they drink till the sun comes up they will
certainly be within the "bottle-to-throttle" rule.

And if they don't spend the night?

anf if they don't trink beer?

Are you providing complementary 8
hour accommodations for airmen who accept your free offer, so they can
responsibly comply with federal regulations?

why should he?

Or are you chumming for
lodgers with cheap beer, and charging them for a room once they're
stranded?

they can sleep whereever they want. Theay can also go downtown for the
reminder of the 8 hours.

What would you do if you became aware that one of the airmen who
imbibed your free beer, departed before 8 hours had elapsed, and
subsequently generated an NTSB report? Doesn't that sort of prudent
forethought occur to you? Or are you waaaay ahead of me?

So than this person is simply stupid. Is it Jay's fault? Would Jay be sued?
Maybe, because nobody want's to carry his own responsibility. You are
feeding into it.

There may be a fine old tradition of pilot drinking, but in these
times when the news media are whipping public GA terrorist hysteria,
imagine how your free beer offer (archived for eternity, and publicly
accessible worldwide) looks to the naive public. Do you think it
reflects positively on airmen? Is it your intent to publicly besmirch
our ranks?

Oh wait. Then beer is for sure a beverage for the terrorists. Everybody
trinking beer is a terrorist. Trinking beer and beeing a pilot .. well, you
should hang yourself. Immediately.

It's bad enough to be inundated daily with a mailbox full of ground
trees, and unsolicited e-mail will soon exceed the legitimate by a
factor of 1,000; now you've chosen to publicly soil the airman image
ostensibly to attract pilots to your business for personal gain thinly
disguised as free beer.

well, he lives there at the hotel. Sure, the argument for attracting people
to the hotel remains.

I'm offended, and I think you are foolish to
publicly put yourself, business, and family at risk of legal
liability.

yes, only in America.

You can call me self-righteous as a defense, but it doesn't change the
facts. The regulations are clear in requiring 8 hours of abstinence
from liquor before flying.

Jay, let everbody sign an agreement before you give them free beer that you
told them about the bottle or throttle 8 hours thing and that they keep you
free of any liability.

You are publicly offering pilots free
alcohol in a global forum.

maybe also non pilots will have the ability to get a free one.

If pilots accept your offer of a drink,
they're effectively grounded for 1/3rd of a day.

yes. and now?

The government and
news media are doing their best to portray GA as a terrorist's tool,
and airmen as blundering fools who flout federal attempts to establish
"security." Enthusiastically crying the delights of inebriation in a
public forum by airmen entrusted with the life-and-death safety of
their passengers and those countless numbers over whom they navigate,
is not smart.

maybe you should call the media to Jay's privat party.

I find your exploitative lack of discretion rude and offensive.

I know. I know. You're just trying to turn a buck and be congenial,
but think man. Think.

Yes, Jay mentions his hotel too often, agreed, but only because of fear
what the general public might think? Another freedom lost over there?

#m

Old July 26th 03, 04:27 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:01:54 -0500, Jeff Franks wrote:

I have access
to a cheap little webbased camera that can be mounted anywhere (vise type
mount) and plugged into an ethernet jack. So, if you have cable and/or DSL,
this would be a 10 minute setup....and great fun for all us
wannabetheres.....

I am in search for such _cheap_ good webcams (like Axis) with ethernet. But
the are average going $300 to $400 ... can you point me to a good seller?

#m

Old July 26th 03, 05:07 PM
Jeff Franks

A friend of mine bought this one from the X10 folks (the ones with all the
popup ad's everywhere). It costed him about $100 with a few add-ons. It
plugs directly into and ethernet jack and has its own ip. I don't think it
has a builtin webserver, but it might. But with IIS on a Win2k machine (or
better), this would be fairly easy to setup...

Check them out. they have several options and pretty good quality
camera's.....if you can get past their marketing strategy.

www.x10.com