Velocity ride in Houston area?

Old May 23rd 04, 10:06 PM
Martin Whitfield

Default Velocity ride in Houston area?

Hello,

I'm a long-time lurker here at RAH, and I appreciate the info that
you guys (and gals) put out. I earned my PPL about a year ago, and
I'm working through my IFR rating. I have been considering a Velocity
kit because it suits my mission very well, and I even took a demo
flight down in Sebastian last year (my first "long" XC from Charleston
with my daughter, who loved it).
I almost have my wife convinced that a Velocity is the right
aircraft, but she was unable to take the demo ride. I figure flying
in a Velocity after her time in a 172 would certainly seal the deal.
Is there anyone in the Houston area who has a Velocity and would be
willing to take two strangers flying for half an hour or so? I figure
a nice lunch or dinner would be well deserved in return.
I am in the military, currently stationed in Omaha, NE. I would
love to take my wife down to Sebastian for a demo ride, but my
immediate schedule simply won't support it. I will be down in Houston
on leave from 8-13 June. Please contact me via e-mail or reply to
this post, and I appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Martin
Old May 24th 04, 02:56 AM
Dave S

I would be glad to help, but the velocity that I am helping build wont
be airworth until NEXT June or so.. I actually had a demo ride scheduled
with them as well just before SWRFI but got rained out.

Old May 24th 04, 03:31 AM
Darrel Toepfer

The primary builder is at www.lonestarvelocity.net

Try:
http://www.lonestarvelocity.com

I wouldn't mind getting a demo ride myself... ;-)
Old May 24th 04, 02:26 PM
Dave S

ACK.. I forgot Chris did it as a .com..... I have the thing bookmarked..

Oh well.. thats my one mistake.. for the year.. I mean.. Month... I
mean.. Day.. oh.. nm..

Dave

The primary builder is at www.lonestarvelocity.net

Old May 27th 04, 04:29 AM
Mike Wanninger

Check the Velocity site. http://www.velocityaircraft.com/barnstrm.html..
They are doing a "Barnstormers Tour" of demo flights. The good news is they
start in Houston.
The bad news it looks like that was the first of May. Either way, call the
factory and they
may divert to Houston again. Or take a trip to Disneyworld in Orlando with the
wife and child and then divert for one day to the Velocity factory.

Mike

Glider Ride - Gift Michael Aerobatics 1 December 7th 04 11:46 AM
SWRFI Pirep.. (long) Dave S Home Built 20 May 21st 04 03:02 PM
Drunken Joy Ride Crashes Fitzair4 Home Built 9 March 7th 04 06:51 AM
Velocity builder mailing list/web board ? Kent Sorensen Home Built 1 October 25th 03 04:01 AM