Hangar rent in Fairhope, AL

Old July 28th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Default Hangar rent in Fairhope, AL

Construction is in progress for 16 new "T" hangars at 4R4 in Fairhope.
After 6 years on the waiting list, I'm guaranteed to get one if I want it.
Because of long lead times for structural components--particularly steel
structural members--completion is not expected until December.

Rent will be $300/mo. plus $20/mo. for "facility fees."

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM (for now, anyway)

Old August 5th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
CriticalMass

Dan Luke wrote:

Construction is in progress for 16 new "T" hangars at 4R4 in Fairhope.
After 6 years on the waiting list, I'm guaranteed to get one if I want it.
Because of long lead times for structural components--particularly steel
structural members--completion is not expected until December.

Rent will be $300/mo. plus $20/mo. for "facility fees."

Wow. Before I sold my Comanche last November, I had it in a new single
bi-fold door hangar that cost me $185/month. I knew that was a good
deal, but, paying $300/month for any kind of accommodation for the plane
would have been out of the question for me.

Actually, private aviation itself is out of the question for me, now.
911 restrictions, questions about 100LL availability, unreasonable
insurance cost increases (I had no claims), non availability of decent,
quality, reliable, airframe and avionics maintenance, and difficulties
related to keeping a 40 year-old airplane airworthy have combined to
make it so I simply can't connect the dots. It just doesn't compute..
Old August 5th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"CriticalMass" wrote:

Construction is in progress for 16 new "T" hangars at 4R4 in Fairhope.
After 6 years on the waiting list, I'm guaranteed to get one if I want it.
Because of long lead times for structural components--particularly steel
structural members--completion is not expected until December.

Rent will be $300/mo. plus $20/mo. for "facility fees."

Wow. Before I sold my Comanche last November, I had it in a new single
bi-fold door hangar that cost me $185/month. I knew that was a good deal,
but, paying $300/month for any kind of accommodation for the plane would
have been out of the question for me.

It's out of the question for me, too. Nearly $4,000/year? No way. I could
afford new paint and interior every four years for that money.

I've gotten the airplane back under cover at BFM for $180/mo. but it may not
last. FEMA is willing to pay more if they decide to park their King Air
there. If that happens, I'm out on the ramp again--and maybe on my way out
of flying.

Actually, private aviation itself is out of the question for me, now. 911
restrictions, questions about 100LL availability, unreasonable insurance
cost increases (I had no claims), non availability of decent, quality,
reliable, airframe and avionics maintenance, and difficulties related to
keeping a 40 year-old airplane airworthy have combined to make it so I
simply can't connect the dots. It just doesn't compute..

You're just trying to cheer me up, I know.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 5th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Dan Luke" wrote:

It's out of the question for me, too. Nearly $4,000/year? No way. I could
afford new paint and interior every four years for that money.

feh - my hangar rate went up to almost $7300/year. Well, technically it didn't
because I've given notice that I'm outta there before the 20% increase goes into
effect.

:-(

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old August 5th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Wow. Before I sold my Comanche last November, I had it in a new single
bi-fold door hangar that cost me $185/month. I knew that was a good
deal, but, paying $300/month for any kind of accommodation for the plane
would have been out of the question for me.

Actually, private aviation itself is out of the question for me, now.
911 restrictions, questions about 100LL availability, unreasonable
insurance cost increases (I had no claims), non availability of decent,
quality, reliable, airframe and avionics maintenance, and difficulties
related to keeping a 40 year-old airplane airworthy have combined to
make it so I simply can't connect the dots. It just doesn't compute..

Our hangars are $400/mo.

No 911 restrictions other than the ridiculous little downtown Chicago
TFR that the mayor insisted on when "Mickey got one", referring to the
TFR for Disneyland. Fuel availability? Plenty around. If 100LL gets hard
to find, I'll switch back to auto fuel, ethanol be damned. Just paid the
insurance. $848. Seemed reasonable. I have a decent plane because I made
it that way over the past 12 years. Yes, my trusty old wrench is
retiring this year. But, I have another one lined up. As far as the
actual work, I do that. Difficulty of maintaining an old airframe?
That's the fun part.

I do it BECAUSE it is difficult. I'm sure it is tough, but I admire the
decision to quit by those who cannot or will not keep up. I would rather
they quit than cheap out on insurance and maintenance and cause a
problem for those who remain as owners. There are far too many
shoestring owners running out planes that they cannot afford to properly
maintain and upgrade.

That said, I am in no way giving up my right to whine about extortionist
pricing that has become a common practice in aviation.

We will miss those who quit. The ranks are thinning.

Good Luck,
Mike
Old August 9th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:50:56 -0500, CriticalMass wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

[...]

Rental for an old T hanger at Mercury at Birmingham (BHM) is $243.10/
month.
But all I need to do is put my plane on the ramp and it's fueled, and
put away. I call about 30 minutes before departure and they pull the
the plane out to in front of the hanger.
Additionally, all based A/C get $.50 reduction in 100LL ..... but it's
still the most expensive in the area.

Bruce McFadden PA32-260

Old August 9th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

wrote:

Rental for an old T hanger at Mercury at Birmingham (BHM) is $243.10/
month.
But all I need to do is put my plane on the ramp and it's fueled, and
put away. I call about 30 minutes before departure and they pull the
the plane out to in front of the hanger.
Additionally, all based A/C get $.50 reduction in 100LL ..... but it's
still the most expensive in the area.

No ramp services are included in the $320/mo. at Fairhope, and no fuel
discount, either ($4.89/gal., last I looked).

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old August 12th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NW_Pilot

It's out of the question for me, too. Nearly $4,000/year? No way. I
could afford new paint and interior every four years for that money.

Depending on what type of airplane you own! I know a 150 like tee one I own
I could have new paint, Interior & and an Engine every 4 years for that kind
of money that's why mine Sits tied down on the ramp for $480 a Year
Insurance is $620 a year.

(The insurance the discount for being in a hanger was only around $62.00 a
year not enough to offset hanger rent around here!)

Old August 13th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:19:12 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
wrote:

It's out of the question for me, too. Nearly $4,000/year? No way. I
could afford new paint and interior every four years for that money.

Depending on what type of airplane you own! I know a 150 like tee one I own
I could have new paint, Interior & and an Engine every 4 years for that kind
of money that's why mine Sits tied down on the ramp for $480 a Year
Insurance is $620 a year.

(The insurance the discount for being in a hanger was only around $62.00 a
year not enough to offset hanger rent around here!)

I pay $135 for a hangar with electricity and lights.
Now if it only had a wee bit of heat in the winter.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old August 13th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"Roger" wrote:

I pay $135 for a hangar with electricity and lights.
Now if it only had a wee bit of heat in the winter.

Count your blessings.

At BFM, my sheltered tiedown costs $180/mo. Electricity? Lights? Hah!

Weeds are growing up through the big cracks in the WW II vintage concrete,
which constantly sheds prop-eating gravel.

Do I complain? Hell no. I could lose it any minute without notice, and my
only option to protect my airplane would then be the $320/mo. deal at
Fairhope.

I once asked a guy why he quit flying.

"Too much sex."

"What?"

"I got tired of getting f*d."

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Hangar rent Kobra Owning 48 August 3rd 08 07:11 PM
Hangar for Rent near MSP B. Jensen Owning 0 July 6th 05 06:18 PM
Hangar for Rent near MSP B. Jensen Piloting 0 July 6th 05 06:18 PM
Hangar for rent. KMMV Oregon broadmead Home Built 3 September 25th 04 12:47 PM
Hangar for rent. KMMV Oregon broadmead Owning 2 September 25th 04 12:47 PM