prime the whale

Old September 5th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default prime the whale

The HP-24 fuselage is in the spray booth and tomorrow if all goes well
she gets the better part of a gallon of sandable primer sprayed on
her!

Gotta love those CostCo hoop houses, I put 1 and 1/3 of them together
lengthwise and it makes a reasonable spray
booth..............actually, it should work really well. Got an
exhaust fan rigged and the netting windows should make for good fresh
air intake.

Decided to go all polyester, since the 2-pak stuff could cause our
critters to become horizontal.........don't want that!

Brad
(an already crazy homebuilder)
Old September 9th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"Brad" wrote in message
The HP-24 fuselage is in the spray booth and tomorrow if all goes well
she gets the better part of a gallon of sandable primer sprayed on
her!

Gotta love those CostCo hoop houses, I put 1 and 1/3 of them together
lengthwise and it makes a reasonable spray
booth..............actually, it should work really well. Got an
exhaust fan rigged and the netting windows should make for good fresh
air intake.

Decided to go all polyester, since the 2-pak stuff could cause our
critters to become horizontal.........don't want that!

Brad
(an already crazy homebuilder)

Critters? Any additonal hawks in your shop?
(http://www.soaridaho.com/Guest_Photo..._and_Hawk.html)

Old September 9th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Hello Wayne,

hah..............nice to see those pics again. that fellow and his
friends have steered clear of the shop, but an owl and a few of it's
friends have come in for a chicken dinner a few times!

our cats and dogs wander around the shop now and then, wanna keep them
safe without having to fit respirators to their snouts!

The whale...............well it's probably going to be stuffed in the
corner of the shop soon and wrapped up in plastic.

Cheers,
Brad
Old September 11th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sep 9, 10:27*am, Brad wrote:
Hello Wayne,

hah..............nice to see those pics again. that fellow and his
friends have steered clear of the shop, but an owl and a few of it's
friends have come in for a chicken dinner a few times!

our cats and dogs wander around the shop now and then, wanna keep them
safe without having to fit respirators to their snouts!

The whale...............well it's probably going to be stuffed in the
corner of the shop soon and wrapped up in plastic.

Cheers,
Brad

I too enjoyed those photos again especially now that I know who I'm
looking at! Hey, that's the guy we split the room with at the
convention! Very cool. Tony C called me one day recently when a
young red tail hawk was having some difficulty at the Ames airport.
We had the university wildlife folks come and get him but not before
one of the lineboys got some amazing photos of him up close with Tonys
421 charter ride in the backround. Maybe T will post them. It's good
to keep up with you and your project from all these miles away Brad.
Hope to see you in person soon!

Matt