Glideplan for Windows 2.0 beta 6 Broken? - Can't print maps

Old July 23rd 18, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default Glideplan for Windows 2.0 beta 6 Broken? - Can't print maps

I'm one of the few people who still prints maps with Glideplan for contests, importing Cup files and colorizing.

After setting everything up the way I like for the Std Nats at TSA... the function SET PRINT AREA, necessary to print out multiple sheets is broken.

Tested on my Desktop PC Win7, a Lenovo X220 notebook Win7 and a Dell XPS 13 on Win10. Same behavior on all three.

Last time used was one year ago.

God and Microsoft only knows what changed in the last year...

email sent to Matt Herron, the developer.

Walt Rogers WX
Old July 23rd 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I can print maps, but it's not easy. There's no Print Preview so you have to guess at the map size. Last time I used 150% which printed most of what I wanted on a single letter sized page. You use up a lot of paper trying to find the right size.

Glideplan is basically unsupported so you get what you get.

Win 7 on a Dell desktop

Mark

Old July 23rd 18, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 5:48:51 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I can print maps, but it's not easy. There's no Print Preview so you have to guess at the map size. Last time I used 150% which printed most of what I wanted on a single letter sized page. You use up a lot of paper trying to find the right size.

Glideplan is basically unsupported so you get what you get.

Win 7 on a Dell desktop

Mark

I've always printed to PDF - saves ink and it's faster. I also save maps that way in case I want to print them again. I'm using the Mac version, so maybe that'a easier.

Andy
9B
Old July 23rd 18, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

The easy way to test print outs of Glideplan (when it works...), is to print to a pdf printer driver. When you finally get it right... correct magnification and number of pages, then send to a paper printer.

I usually take it to a Fedex print/shipping facility. Then I can use their paper cutters, tape, layout space to laminate (shelf paper) all in less than an hour.

Walt WX

Old July 23rd 18, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Matt Heron, developer replied to me twice this evening. Still haven't found the problem. Re-installed on Win7 machine... still same behavior.

Walt WX

Old July 23rd 18, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ah! Hadn't thought of printing to a pdf. Thanks, I'll try that.

Mark
Old July 23rd 18, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Yup. That's how I've been doing it as well. Takes a little fiddling, but once you have it as a PDF you can size to your needs. I generally do a zoomed in view for the home airport out to about 30 miles on one side of an 11x14 sheet and the other side zoomed out to cover the whole area. Makes it easy to manage in the cockpit and good enough for preflight task planning on the macro view.

P3
Old July 23rd 18, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 6:56:21 AM UTC-7, Papa3 wrote:
Yup. That's how I've been doing it as well. Takes a little fiddling, but once you have it as a PDF you can size to your needs. I generally do a zoomed in view for the home airport out to about 30 miles on one side of an 11x14 sheet and the other side zoomed out to cover the whole area. Makes it easy to manage in the cockpit and good enough for preflight task planning on the macro view.

P3

The demo version by design will not print maps. Maybe the version you have got locked out from printing.

A brute force method to print what you see is using the Windows tool Snip. They can be stored as PNG, Giff or Jpeg .

BG

Custom maps for GlidePlan 2KA Soaring 2 December 28th 14 09:26 PM
New SeeYou 6.1 - New vector maps and satellite image maps - very cool! Paul Remde Soaring 9 June 6th 14 04:58 AM
Paper Maps - Glideplan alternative ? Dave Nadler Soaring 5 May 30th 12 05:29 PM
More GlidePlan 2008 contest maps now available Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 0 June 30th 08 12:56 AM
GlidePlan Experience John Seaborn Soaring 5 July 14th 07 06:53 AM