aero-bowling would you like to give it a try?

Old October 9th 03, 02:16 PM
Gilan

Default aero-bowling would you like to give it a try?

If you like bowling then you may like to try aero-bowling. We are adding a
new event to our annual Fly-in.
Along with our usual events such as dead stick landing and bomb drop we are
having aero-bowling this year. I have watched some folks try it and it is
very challenging as well as funny to see how far off some people get with
the balls.
--
Flying Gators annual Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_g...annual_fly.htm

Private Pilot in 10 days
http://www.perfectplanes.com

Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sport_Aircraft/

Old October 10th 03, 03:37 PM
Rob Turk

"jerry rausch" wrote in message
How about a little description?

Jerry

Morbide guess...

You take 10 small planes flying in close formation. The player then uses a
cannon to try and shoot as many down with a bowling ball as he can. Each
player takes two shots. Parts flying off one plane and taking down another
is OK. Bonus points for all down in a single shot..

Rob

Old October 10th 03, 04:06 PM
Del Rawlins

On 10 Oct 2003 06:37 AM, Rob Turk posted the following:
"jerry rausch" wrote in message
How about a little description?

Jerry

Morbide guess...

You take 10 small planes flying in close formation. The player then
uses a cannon to try and shoot as many down with a bowling ball as he
can. Each player takes two shots. Parts flying off one plane and
taking down another is OK. Bonus points for all down in a single shot..

For that, you will need one of these:

http://www.docsmachine.com/nonPB/mortar

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old October 10th 03, 04:31 PM
Dylan Smith

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:16:30 GMT, Gilan wrote:
If you like bowling then you may like to try aero-bowling. We are adding a
new event to our annual Fly-in.

How about teddy-bear skydiving? Get a teddy bear, make a parachute,
and do a drop. The "jump ship" who gets the teddy bear closest to the
designated drop zone target (with an open parachute!) wins.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net

Old October 10th 03, 05:00 PM
Morgans

"Del Rawlins" wrote in message
For that, you will need one of these:

http://www.docsmachine.com/nonPB/mortar

Del Rawlins-

Not too often do I LOL reading the net, but you got me there. Too funny!
--
Jim in NC

Old October 10th 03, 06:20 PM
Daniel

Gilan wrote ...
If you like bowling then you may like to try aero-bowling. ...

Must be a hell of a ball return.

Daniel
Old October 10th 03, 09:09 PM
mike regish

I flew my tripacer for that event at our annual aviation festival a couple
of weeks ago. Got a chute caught on the tailbrace wire. Wasn't a fun
experience. Fortunately, it shredded by the time I got partway down the
downwind leg adn we had an uneventful landing. Neede to rig them with more
of a delay and have a better delivery system.

Be careful out there.

mike regish

Old October 11th 03, 05:21 AM
Eric Miller

"Dylan Smith" wrote
How about teddy-bear skydiving? Get a teddy bear, make a parachute,
and do a drop. The "jump ship" who gets the teddy bear closest to the
designated drop zone target (with an open parachute!) wins.

This is clearly a two team sport... with the second team playing defense ala
ballon busting

Eric

Old October 12th 03, 05:06 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 04:21:03 GMT, "Eric Miller"
wrote:

"Dylan Smith" wrote
How about teddy-bear skydiving? Get a teddy bear, make a parachute,
and do a drop. The "jump ship" who gets the teddy bear closest to the
designated drop zone target (with an open parachute!) wins.

This is clearly a two team sport... with the second team playing defense ala
ballon busting

Yah, but I find the people in the basket keep getting excited.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
Eric