You're going, where?

Old June 18th 05, 02:15 AM
Jimmy B.

Default You're going, where?

I need to go to Hackensack, NJ, of all places. It would be nice if I
could fly myself there. It looks like Teterboro is the closest airport,
but I don't want to have to get a second mortgage to pay the landing fees.

Searching AOPA and AirNav turned up no other results.

Can anyone tell me the closest airport to Hackensack, other than TEB?

TIA!!
Old June 18th 05, 03:12 AM
Alan Gerber

Jimmy B. wrote:
Can anyone tell me the closest airport to Hackensack, other than TEB?

Caldwell and Lincoln Park are reasonably close. Transportation from
Caldwell is probably easier.

--
Alan Gerber
gerber AT panix DOT com
Old June 18th 05, 03:14 AM
George Patterson

Jimmy B. wrote:

Can anyone tell me the closest airport to Hackensack, other than TEB?

The next nearest is La Guardia, which would be worse. Caldwell, however, is
nearly as close.

For your own view of things, check out Kyler's search engine at
http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearby_airports

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 18th 05, 11:27 PM
Jeremy Lew

I was at TEB once, about two years ago, and can't recall the landing fee,
but I believe it was waived with a top-off at the FBO (MillionAire, in my
case). I doubt the savings at a field further away will net you a gain
after the cost of transport to Hackensack.

nk.net...

Old June 19th 05, 09:53 PM
Jimmy B.

George Patterson wrote:
Jimmy B. wrote:

Can anyone tell me the closest airport to Hackensack, other than TEB?

The next nearest is La Guardia, which would be worse. Caldwell, however,
is nearly as close.

For your own view of things, check out Kyler's search engine at
http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearby_airports

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Thanks for the link. This is really handy.

Old June 19th 05, 09:57 PM
Jimmy B.

Jeremy Lew wrote:
I was at TEB once, about two years ago, and can't recall the landing fee,
but I believe it was waived with a top-off at the FBO (MillionAire, in my
case). I doubt the savings at a field further away will net you a gain
after the cost of transport to Hackensack.

"Jimmy B." wrote in message
nk.net...

I need to go to Hackensack, NJ, of all places. It would be nice if I could
fly myself there. It looks like Teterboro is the closest airport, but I
don't want to have to get a second mortgage to pay the landing fees.

Searching AOPA and AirNav turned up no other results.

Can anyone tell me the closest airport to Hackensack, other than TEB?

TIA!!

The landing fee is $75. It is waived with a fuel purchase of 50 gallons
or more. Seeing as my little Cutlass only holds 66 gallons (62 usable),
that is really "running on vapors" for me. I'm only coming from
Virginia, so it I'll need about 12 gallons or so.

Old June 19th 05, 10:57 PM
Jose

The landing fee [at TEB] is $75.

I just called MillionAire (got the number from airnav.com, which I
highly reccomend you check and bookmark for fuel prices and FBO
comments!). They said that the landing fee is $15 for a single engine
aircraft, parking would be $45/night, first night waived with ten
gallons of fuel or a top-off.

I didn't check any other places, but $75 seemed a bit steep for what I
remember.

Jose
--
My other car is up my nose.
Old June 20th 05, 02:52 AM
George Patterson

Jimmy B. wrote:

Thanks for the link. This is really handy.

Yeah, Kyler's done us all a real service there.

Old June 21st 05, 09:51 PM
Jimmy B.

Jose wrote:
The landing fee [at TEB] is $75.

I just called MillionAire (got the number from airnav.com, which I
highly reccomend you check and bookmark for fuel prices and FBO
comments!). They said that the landing fee is $15 for a single engine
aircraft, parking would be $45/night, first night waived with ten
gallons of fuel or a top-off.

I didn't check any other places, but $75 seemed a bit steep for what I
remember.

Jose

Okay, thanks. I'll call them. I got all the above landing information
from the AirNav remarks section.

Old June 22nd 05, 09:35 PM
Alan

I have to wonder about posts like this. So, you searched AOPA and
AirNav. Did it ever occur to you to check a sectional and PHYSICALLY
SEE WHAT AIRPORTS ARE IN THE VICINITY!

Do you fly with a handheld GPS and no sectionals? Could you ever
determine your position if the batteries went dead.

Jeez!