Camp Scholler without a car?

Old June 20th 05, 07:36 PM
Andrew Sarangan

All rental cars at Appleton and Green Bay are sold out. Not surprising.
There are some available at exorbitant prices ($80/day).

Old June 20th 05, 07:41 PM
Andrew Sarangan

I am interested in your options. What are they? Share a cab, pay for
gas etc... I am ready for it.

That plane on my website is the factory photo. Mine is still in pieces
in the workshop (been that way for five years).

Old June 20th 05, 08:43 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

That plane on my website is the factory photo. Mine is still in pieces
in the workshop (been that way for five years).

Great job on the second workshop...
Old June 20th 05, 10:14 PM
Montblack

("Andrew Sarangan" wrote)
I am interested in your options. What are they? Share a cab, pay for
gas etc... I am ready for it.

I'll swing up Friday evening and pick you up, if that works for you.

I am arriving Friday 29th at 7:30pm into Appleton. Coming from Cincinnati.

I'm heading back to the Twin Cities on Saturday the 30th, so it'll have to
be a one-way offer :-)

What's your lodging plans? Sleeping by the planes? I'm at a campground down
by the seaplane base this year. You can throw up your tent next to the
minivan on Friday night, but I'm leaving Saturday so you'll also need a
weekend Plan B for sleeping. The minivan is my tent. g

http://www.circle-r-camp.com/

Electric hookup at my site and showers, plus it's good for two campers, so
you're welcome ...for one night anyway. However, if you can sleep under
someones wing in the N40 or Vintage, I'd recommend that - more Oshkoshy for
a short stay :-)

Montblack

Old June 20th 05, 10:31 PM
Montblack

("Montblack" wrote)
What's your lodging plans? Sleeping by the planes? I'm at a campground
down by the seaplane base this year. You can throw up your tent next to
the minivan on Friday night, but I'm leaving Saturday so you'll also need
a weekend Plan B for sleeping. The minivan is my tent. g

http://www.circle-r-camp.com/

Forgot to add, UW-OSH dorms might have rooms available by Friday night - if
you want to check out that option first before sleeping under the stars.
There's a bus service to the grounds from the dorms.

Montblack

Old June 20th 05, 10:34 PM
Jay Honeck

What's your lodging plans? Sleeping by the planes? I'm at a campground down
by the seaplane base this year.

You're staying (*gasp!*) off-site this year? No more leaky tents in a
driving downpour in the North 40? What's up with THAT?

;-)

Electric hookup at my site and showers, plus it's good for two campers, so
you're welcome ...for one night anyway. However, if you can sleep under
someones wing in the N40 or Vintage, I'd recommend that - more Oshkoshy for
a short stay :-)

Hey, Andrew -- you can pitch your tent on the other side of Atlas from
us, if you'd like. That's the spot we *had* reserved for Montblack,
but he seems to have (*sniff*) abandoned us this year...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 21st 05, 12:14 AM

Andrew, I live in Appleton, and I could pick you up at the airport and drive
you down to Oshkosh. No charge, just consider it a favor to be paid forward
(do something equally nice for someone else someday). Anyone else needing
to be picked up at ATW (Appleton) let me know and I'll see if my schedule
permits. Jay, Appleton has had good scheduled service for some time, at
least since before 1991 when I moved here to take a job as an avionics tech
with Air Wisconsin/United Express. The job didn't last long though; I was
laid off 9 months later, on April 1, 1992... Now I work at Pierce Mfg, the
USA's largest firetruck manufacturer. Air Wisconsin moved their maintenance
down to Milwaukee a couple of years ago, but they and a few other carriers
fly in regularly, many times a day. Pierce is under the approach path to
runway 29 at ATW, so I get to see a lot of BAe-146s, Canadair RJs, and
Dorniers amongst others. Gulfstream also has a completion center here, so
you can occasionally see some pretty fancy corporate jets.
Scott Wilson
Old June 22nd 05, 04:52 PM
Montblack

("StellaStarr" wrote)
Now I work at Pierce Mfg, the USA's largest firetruck manufacturer.

woo hoo!
So we could ride there and back in a big red truck?
C'mon, they'll let you borrow one for just a day or two... :-)

Stella, if the big red truck is a no-go, any chance you'd settle for last
year's "firemens calander?"

Montblack

Old June 22nd 05, 08:10 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
You're staying (*gasp!*) off-site this year? No more leaky tents in a
driving downpour in the North 40? What's up with THAT?

We found the tent's "original" rain-fly when Margene's sister moved this
spring. A side note to campers: Do not let four inches of plastic ground
tarp stick out from underneath one side of your tent. Doh!

Hey, Andrew -- you can pitch your tent on the other side of Atlas from
us, if you'd like. That's the spot we *had* reserved for Montblack,
but he seems to have (*sniff*) abandoned us this year...

Aw shucks, I haven't abandoned you. I'm off exploring, that's all. g

Montblack

XC Camp For Example John Smith Soaring 3 January 6th 05 01:54 PM
Marfa 2004 Spring Thermal & Wave Camp Report Dick Johnson Soaring 0 April 13th 04 02:19 AM
Junior Camp Garret Soaring 0 March 2nd 04 09:18 PM
good book about prisoners of war Jim Atkins Military Aviation 16 August 1st 03 10:18 AM
Tent camping in Camp Scholler? Jerry Home Built 4 July 30th 03 12:41 AM